The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, I actually created an account just so I could comment here.

Listened to this over the past two weeks and it's almost like listening to the Serial podcast way back when! Absolutely mad stuff.

I know this is a gossip site, but I have to disagree with the public identification / outing of Nikki and Footballer Paul.

Like we know she has done terrible stuff and that she needs help. But publicly ID'ing her so she can be vilified online is not going to help the thing.
Also in fairness to footballer Paul, he actually spoke to the lads in confidence and it's not right that his ID should be implied by the post above.

Side note: seriously impressive sleuthing by people on this thread.

The lads went to great lengths to use pseudonyms on the podcast for all involved. I think any posts earlier that identify Nikki or Footballer Paul should be edited or deleted (unpopular opinion for a gossip site I know!).

Like we can all continue to discuss this madness without having to explicitly name the names!
Struggling to see your point of view I'm afraid she's been doing this for 8+ years now?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Struggling to see your point of view I'm afraid she's been doing this for 8+ years now?
There's no doubt she is going to face a reckoning for what she has been doing. The girl is obviously not well and needs help. I don't see how every person in the country needs to know her name, how is it helpful. Johnny B (who was the one wronged here) obviously felt that he didn't want to out her. If he doesn't want to out her, what right do we have (as randomers on the internet) to do it?

And whatever about her, footballer Paul has done no one any harm ,bar himself. Why should his privacy be thrown to the dogs?

Reactions: 16
She had ample opportunity after the live show & part one of the pod to apologise to the lads and own up but no, she created more fake accounts to shift the blame away from herself and on to innocent parties. She’s brought this on herself and the more people that know what she’s done the better! she’s not for stopping and you can guarantee she’s already creating more profiles. She needs help that’s for sure but so do the people she’s hurt.

Reactions: 40
This is definitely one of the two Johnnie's team or the illusive Nikki/Niamh herself. The secret is out. The evidence on this isn't strong enough to go anywhere further than here, so relax Johnnie's. It's all hear say....

Listened to this over the past two weeks and it's almost like listening to the Serial podcast way back when! Absolutely mad stuff.

I know this is a gossip site, but I have to disagree with the public identification / outing of Nikki and Footballer Paul.

Like we know she has done terrible stuff and that she needs help. But publicly ID'ing her so she can be vilified online is not going to help the thing.
Also in fairness to footballer Paul, he actually spoke to the lads in confidence and it's not right that his ID should be implied by the post above.

The lads went to great lengths to use pseudonyms on the podcast for all involved. I think any posts earlier that identify Nikki or Footballer Paul should be edited or deleted (unpopular opinion for a gossip site I know!).

Like we can all continue to discuss this madness without having to explicitly name the names!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I get it, and I also get the irony of commenting anonymously on a gossip site about it!

But these are not the actions of a well person. She obviously has very serious mental health problems (like the psychologist described on the segment on the pod).

Its her friends and family who need to step in and lay down the law to her and convince her to finally get help.
I just don't think it does any good having the entire country knowing her identity, who does it benefit?

Look I guess I might be in the minority here, but if Johnny B didn't want to out her, that's certainly good enough for me.

The evidence on this isn't strong enough to go anywhere further than here, so relax Johnnie's. It's all hear say....
Hearsay is only inadmissible in the courts, but hearsay does plenty of damage in real life.

This is definitely one of the two Johnnie's team or the illusive Nikki/Niamh herself. The secret is out. The evidence on this isn't strong enough to go anywhere further than here, so relax Johnnie's. It's all hear say....

And no, I'm just a podcast listener who has an opinion!

Of course, the conspiracy theorist is going to reply "He would say that, wouldn't he!"

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I get it, and I also get the irony of commenting anonymously on a gossip site about it!

But these are not the actions of a well person. She obviously has very serious mental health problems (like the psychologist described on the segment on the pod).

Its her friends and family who need to step in and lay down the law to her and convince her to finally get help.
I just don't think it does any good having the entire country knowing her identity, who does it benefit?

Look I guess I might be in the minority here, but if Johnny B didn't want to out her, that's certainly good enough for me.

Hearsay is only inadmissible in the courts, but hearsay does plenty of damage in real life.

Of course, the conspiracy theorist is going to reply "He would say that, wouldn't he!"
Totally agree. These are not the actions of a mentally stable person.

Reactions: 12
She’s been outed before and lost her job over it. That wasn’t enough to stop the behaviour so do you really think a few people identifying her on tattle is gonna change anything? You could almost understand this off a kid in college but a grown woman - it’s beyond belief. No sympathy for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 52
The fact she has been doing this from atleast 2013 and hasn't changed is mad, I know a lot of friends she had at uni have distanced themselves from her whether or not they ever pulled her on it is another thing as she always played the victim when that happened 🙈

Reactions: 24
Without her name she can continue doing what she is doing. Hopefully now her family / friends can intervene and get her (and the footballer who is clearly in on it!!) the help they clearly need and make sure she actually stops and doesn't do it again. She made a fake profile to try get herself out of it! This is the only way. She needs help!!!

Reactions: 18
The one thing I will say is that this thing has worked out very well for the two lads professionally. You wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it has generated a huge buzz, right when they really needed it after the 2fm debacle.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

I can definitely see where you're coming from and there is definitely a concern regarding the mental health of those involved, but on the other hand, I'm really sick of poor mental health being used as an excuse to treat people poorly. Her actions themselves have put others at risk and in pain. There's a little thing called consequences, which our actions have, and this one seems yet to do so despite this going on for years.

I do agree that football Paul he hasn't done anything wrong and it seems unfair his identity has been outed

Reactions: 54

Fair enough to every thing you said, you are obviously a lot closer to Johhny B than most people here.😂 I personally and most people don't want to do the two Johnnie's any harm in the public eye and that is definitely your priority being on here aswell, to de fuse any ideas someone would have by going public with all this, and I agree with you.
It isn't most peoples business but sure when did that ever get in the way of a good story.

Reactions: 6
The one thing I will say is that this thing has worked out very well for the two lads professionally. You wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it has generated a huge buzz, right when they really needed it after the 2fm debacle.
One thing I think should be said regarding the two Johnnie's and Niamh/Nikki. If you play in feathers, prepare to get your ass tickled....

Reactions: 17
I can definitely see where you're coming from and there is definitely a concern regarding the mental health of those involved, but on the other hand, I'm really sick of poor mental health being used as an excuse to treat people poorly. Her actions themselves have put others at risk and in pain. There's a little thing called consequences, which our actions have, and this one seems yet to do so despite this going on for years.

I do agree that football Paul he hasn't done anything wrong and it seems unfair his identity has been outed
100% agree with you, not sure if her family knew but her friends did and none of them helped her so when was it going to stop? I'm all for supporting people with mental health issues but what if she had done this to someone also suffering with mental health what damage could it have done to their lives and well being being humiliated like that. This will hopefully put a stop to it and if nothing else educate people on catfishing cause she's not the first and she certainly won't be the last!

Reactions: 9
I think this is unfair. I mean they hardly engineered the situation given what's come to light since about Nikki/Niamh and co. To throw in my 2 cents not that anyone cares, they were hung out to dry by 2fm but a god learning to have early on.....they're not playing junior B anymore and when getting that nice rte paycheque you have to play ball. I think they've handled this story sensitively and probably wouldn't have gone as soft on her if they wernt just out of that 2fm Scandal.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

I don't agree. Her identification may well save someone else from being stalked and harassed online.

I'm sure the team knew there was a possibility of her identity being released. It's inthe public domain now.

Reactions: 22
I think this is unfair. I mean they hardly engineered the situation given what's come to light since about Nikki/Niamh and co. To throw in my 2 cents not that anyone cares, they were hung out to dry by 2fm but a god learning to have early on.....they're not playing junior B anymore and when getting that nice rte paycheque you have to play ball. I think they've handled this story sensitively and probably wouldn't have gone as soft on her if they wernt just out of that 2fm Scandal.
No sorry I didn't mean to imply anything like that, I am not being cynical about this at all. They didn't engineer this at all, and it was a horrible thing to happen. The silver lining is that they have a really interesting relevant story that is generating a lot of discussion and interest which can only be good for the lads.

I agree that they were completely screwed over about that bumper sticker thing, and that it was taken out of context. If anyone listened to their podcasts at all they would realise that the lads are very decent and the furthest thing in the world from misogynists.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They were not hung out to dry. They got a week or two off before starting their prime radio slot. And rightly so. The team member who released the clip fucked up and an apology was required. The views expressed in the clip was not that of the 2 Johnnies but whoever made that clip tried to capitalise on the sexist views expressed by some of their listeners.

Reactions: 4
One thing I think should be said regarding the two Johnnie's and Niamh/Nikki. If you play in feathers, prepare to get your ass tickled....
Victim blaming BS. The man was deceived by someone who has made this their life's work.
Is he meant to live like a monk and never message a girl again?

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.