The 2 Johnnies #6 Interviewing only fans girls for clout, but did ye hear? Maura choked a lad out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How? Who listens to them? It’s like the breakfast show listenership has increased too which is also unbelievable

Reactions: 2
How? Who listens to them? It’s like the breakfast show listenership has increased too which is also unbelievable
I would think the main listnership for them is a young ish person living outside of Dublin

How? Who listens to them?
Honestly - I know loads of people who listen!

JNLR Report from last week -

The two lads from Cahir , not yet on air two years, are out performing 2FM’s primetime share by 25%, this is a phenomenal result for The 2 Johnnies.

Didn’t think many younger people listen to the radio now. Can’t listen to them. They just come across as unprofessional and immature

Reactions: 1
I do I’m only on this thread for my dislike for Maura 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I read the radio reviewer from the Indo at the weekend, he said the lads are unpretentious and I think that's their biggest selling point.

Most of the radio DJs come across as being completely fake. I think with them you can tell what you see is what you get. Now it might not be to some people's tastes - see poster @Siobs above who has a very valid reason for not liking them. But obviously there are enough people (I would expect from outside the major urban centres) who enjoy it.

I'm biased, I grew up in rural Tipp so I instinctively "get" how they go on, they way they speak, their humour etc. It obviously translates better to some parts of the country than others. The one thing I can tell you, is there is nothing "put on" about how they go on. They are not over-egging the persona for laughs, they definitely sound just like all the people I grew up with and live amongst.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I read the radio reviewer from the Indo at the weekend, he said the lads are unpretentious and I think that's their biggest selling point.

Most of the radio DJs come across as being completely fake. I think with them you can tell what you see is what you get. Now it might not be to some people's tastes - see poster @Siobs above who has a very valid reason for not liking them. But obviously there are enough people (I would expect from outside the major urban centres) who enjoy it.

I'm biased, I grew up in rural Tipp so I instinctively "get" how they go on, they way they speak, their humour etc. It obviously translates better to some parts of the country than others. The one thing I can tell you, is there is nothing "put on" about how they go on. They are not over-egging the persona for laughs, they definitely sound just like all the people I grew up with and live amongst.
Whatever about on the radio, they or Johnny B at least are pure tosses in real,life though! Egos galore.

Listening to their podcast about the one that conned one of them they sounded as if they have egos. One of them said how going to a nightclub is hard for them because they get recognised 🙄. Not sure of the exact words he used but jesus it sounded like he’s a major celebrity. Ya I understand supporting local people but really don’t think they are suitable for 2fm

Reactions: 4
They were being honest. I'm local to them and any time I see them they are always getting stopped and asked for selfies. Do you not think that it would make a night out a bit hard?? Especially if they had a few drinks in them??
They are always the last to leave the pitch after a match as they are always surrounded by fans. I'm sure after playing a match they would like nothing better than to have a shower and leave.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That’s local though. Very much doubt when they are in a club in Dublin too many would know them or care who they are. That’s just my opinion

True enough. I suppose it depends on where they go in Dublin. They seem to go to the cluchie spots so maybe they should go elsewhere!

Radio in general I find is pretty depressing. They are good on the radio, but I just can't listen anymore with all the ads and shite music they have to play.

That’s local though. Very much doubt when they are in a club in Dublin too many would know them or care who they are. That’s just my opinion
Your opinion is wrong though. The places they would go around Camden Street are full of culchies who work in Dublin. They are definitely some of the most recognisable minor celebrities around at the minute

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That's the point that JB was making - Cora had gone to whatever bar on Harcourt St and he didn't want to go there because they always get mobbed. He wanted to go somewhere else but gave in because he wanted to meet her. Smacks was bulling because he didn't want to be there and he was being asked for selfies.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.