Teen Mum UK #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If my daughter had been 14 seeing an 18 year old I’d have strung him up. Disgusting as 18 is classed as an adult why would you want a school girl. I didn’t know this fact before

Reactions: 22
If my daughter had been 14 seeing an 18 year old I’d have strung him up. Disgusting as 18 is classed as an adult why would you want a school girl. I didn’t know this fact before
Lol same my mum would have banned him from the house at the very least 😅

4 years isn't a lot of time at all BUT the difference between a 14 year old and 18 year old is completely different than the 4 years between say a 21 year old and 25 year old.

Bet she loved being able to say her boyfriend is 18 and get booze/cigs but, and I know this is going to sound harsh, but what did he see in her? She wasn't even doing mock exams at that age yet! 😣

Reactions: 22
Exactly! It’s not about how many years, there’s 10 between myself and who i’m seeing but we’re both consenting adults. She was a child ☹☹

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Exactly! It’s not about how many years, there’s 10 between myself and who i’m seeing but we’re both consenting adults. She was a child ☹☹
When I was 14 my first boyfriend was 18. I’m an adult now, married with children and when I think back to me being 14 it makes my skin crawl. I thought I was so cool having an older boyfriend who drove when in reality I was literally being groomed. It was only when I turned 18 that I thought about it and couldn’t even begin to imagine myself with anyone younger🤮

• Sad
Reactions: 25
View attachment 486811
Is she having a laugh. She lives in social housing and has a failing business and a boyfriend in prison. None of these things scream ‘rich’ to me.

I saw this aswell. Everything you say is definitely true, but also she needs to get a grip and stop being so materialistic. Concentrate on being a mum rather than being obsessed with making a million. As if "coming from money" is the proof of having good parenting.

Reactions: 14
Really cba seeing Chloe crying about not having an abortion on Facebook and instagram🙄 you didn't have one so what's the big deal?? A lot of people have abortions and it's the right thing for them🤷‍♀️ think it privately but I think it's insensitive for MTV to make into a storyline for views

Reactions: 28
i honestly think that chloe was so so brave sharing that, like she didn't have to she could've so easily left that out, but i bet that'll help a lot of people in that situation - think she deserves some serious respect for that

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I haven’t watched it yet but I personally like they’ve shown it. Becoming a mum is a big choice, especially as a teen. So many teens may feel pressured to have one and Chloe shows that you can still have a successful life being a teen mom, she has her own house and still works. It also shows that it’s okay to have one if it is your choice, as abortions just aren’t talked about much at all and when they are, it’s mostly in a negative way

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Really cba seeing Chloe crying about not having an abortion on Facebook and instagram🙄 you didn't have one so what's the big deal?? A lot of people have abortions and it's the right thing for them🤷‍♀️ think it privately but I think it's insensitive for MTV to make into a storyline for views
Because abortion is a taboo subject and it shouldn’t be. People are constantly complaining TM doesn’t show the realities of being a teenage parent and pregnancy. That’s the reality for a lot of teenage girls when they’re faced with an unexpected pregnancy, making that decision. But then most people won’t say they considered an abortion, they then advertise being excited and how everything is perfect. I like the fact that she’s spoke out about it and that MTV have shown it, it shows a personal side to her we don’t see through the heavily edited episodes.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Because abortion is a taboo subject and it shouldn’t be. People are constantly complaining TM doesn’t show the realities of being a teenage parent and pregnancy. That’s the reality for a lot of teenage girls when they’re faced with an unexpected pregnancy, making that decision. But then most people won’t say they considered an abortion, they then advertise being excited and how everything is perfect. I like the fact that she’s spoke out about it and that MTV have shown it, it shows a personal side to her we don’t see through the heavily edited episodes.
I completely understand that! But personally I don't fancy watching a video of someone crying about how grateful they are that they didn't have an abortion. I feel like it's a sensitive topic and you need to fully explore both sides of the coin rather than using a 2 minute clip on your social media to get people tuning in for the show🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 18
I completely understand that! But personally I don't fancy watching a video of someone crying about how grateful they are that they didn't have an abortion. I feel like it's a sensitive topic and you need to fully explore both sides of the coin rather than using a 2 minute clip on your social media to get people tuning in for the show🤷‍♀️
Exactly, fair enough if you are covering it in a balanced way but this will just be a 30 second sound byte to make people tune in to see if there’s more when I bet the conversation on that clip is all they show

(I thought about aborting 2/3 of my kids as it wasn’t a good time but I don’t regret having them even though it’s been really hard)

Reactions: 3
This is such an insensitive post. Abortion is such a taboo subject and MANY women get shamed for having one. The fact Chloe is brave enough to admit that she considered it deserves praise. She's probably received messages from people who are against abortion, slating her for even having considered it. I think it's so brave that she's speaking out about it. It should be spoken about! If Chloe speaking out even helps one woman build up the courage to go and have one, because that's the right thing for them, then good on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This is such an insensitive post. Abortion is such a taboo subject and MANY women get shamed for having one. The fact Chloe is brave enough to admit that she considered it deserves praise. She's probably received messages from people who are against abortion, slating her for even having considered it. I think it's so brave that she's speaking out about it. It should be spoken about! If Chloe speaking out even helps one woman build up the courage to go and have one, because that's the right thing for them, then good on her.
Agree I don’t think it is such a blasé choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It didn’t advertise an abortion as being the only decision that should be made. It’s her experience which is personal to her. Young girls should also be able to watch that program and know that having a baby isn’t the only choice they have. That even those who do go on to have their kids, that they didn’t just rush into either decision. It’s a small clip from an extended episode, it isn’t a storyline they’ve come up with out of nowhere, the series is based around the girls stories, that falls into Chloe’s. At least you know now that you don’t want to watch Chloe talk about the fact she considered having an abortion, that the episode isn’t for you. ☺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't see how this is insensitive? Representation of abortion isn't someone crying about how grateful they are that they haven't had one, it's showing someone who's grateful that they did?🤷‍♀️ I'm glad she made the right choice for her but for many people abortion is their best choice and personally I don't think her crying about how 'not many people come out of there with a baby' was an appropriate representation😂 No criticism to Chloe herself because of course it's valid for her to feel like that, I just feel like too often MTV cover subjects like this badly.

Reactions: 17
Yeah, I can see both sides of it. I had an abortion a couple of years ago following an assault and I was made to feel as though I couldn’t mourn this baby because I had chosen to abort, it wasn’t a miscarriage or a still born (And I can’t begin to imagine the pain of either of those.) But, I did hurt and I did cry over my choice although it absolutely was the best decision for me. I can understand Chloes pain and even though she didn’t have one, it’s an awful thing to even consider, because even when it is the 100% best option, anyone with a smidge of empathy will go through the notions.

So, I can understand people wishing if they were going to represent abortions and show them as an okay thing, they had chosen someone who actually had one, however I am glad that Chloe is representing them in a way of saying they aren’t a bad thing to consider. You aren’t a bad person if you have one or consider one and back out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.