Teen Mum UK #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I can see both sides of it. I had an abortion a couple of years ago following an assault and I was made to feel as though I couldn’t mourn this baby because I had chosen to abort, it wasn’t a miscarriage or a still born (And I can’t begin to imagine the pain of either of those.) But, I did hurt and I did cry over my choice although it absolutely was the best decision for me. I can understand Chloes pain and even though she didn’t have one, it’s an awful thing to even consider, because even when it is the 100% best option, anyone with a smidge of empathy will go through the notions.

So, I can understand people wishing if they were going to represent abortions and show them as an okay thing, they had chosen someone who actually had one, however I am glad that Chloe is representing them in a way of saying they aren’t a bad thing to consider. You aren’t a bad person if you have one or consider one and back out.
Im sorry you had to experience something so horrible ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah, I can see both sides of it. I had an abortion a couple of years ago following an assault and I was made to feel as though I couldn’t mourn this baby because I had chosen to abort, it wasn’t a miscarriage or a still born (And I can’t begin to imagine the pain of either of those.) But, I did hurt and I did cry over my choice although it absolutely was the best decision for me. I can understand Chloes pain and even though she didn’t have one, it’s an awful thing to even consider, because even when it is the 100% best option, anyone with a smidge of empathy will go through the notions.

So, I can understand people wishing if they were going to represent abortions and show them as an okay thing, they had chosen someone who actually had one, however I am glad that Chloe is representing them in a way of saying they aren’t a bad thing to consider. You aren’t a bad person if you have one or consider one and back out.
I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through this.

This is the point I am trying to make although you worded it far better than I did - MTV are representing that abortions are "ok" and nothing to be ashamed of and I think that's a step in the right direction. The fact she didn't go through with it doesn't make her story any less worthy - she's showing that abortions are not to be ashamed of.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can see both sides of Chloe’s story here. I think it’s positive it’s being spoken about as nothing to be ashamed of however Chloe’s life is not necessarily everyone’s experience of teen motherhood. I considered an abortion with my son many years ago when I was a teenager but ultimately didn’t go through with it. Instead I ended up with severe PND, struggled to bond and although I’m of course grateful I didn’t go through with it, life wasn’t easy and still isn’t as I still harbour a lot of guilt for those thoughts.

I think it’s a very difficult topic to get right and do well so hopefully this is at least the start of positive discussions surrounding choice but being MTV I don’t hold out hope it’s more than a fleeting comment or brief topic with little informative information and more of an enticement to get people to watch the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t know what everyone’s issue is with Chloe’s discussion on considering an abortion. How are people expecting to see the other side (where people do have an abortion) on a programme that is about having a baby...

Reactions: 12
I suppose because you can have other children and also have an abortion? Not that I am saying Shannon should of, but take her situation for example. I don’t doubt Charlie may of brought it up to her. It’s not an impossible situation. 😅

Oh I’m not sure what that seat is. My sons is a car seat that converts to a booster seat when needed (So the back will expand each time his head touches the top and eventually you take the back off. If these aren’t safe please do let me know and I’ll buy another. It’s Joie.) but Carter does look very small in it bless him. How old is he? Not old enough for forward facing surely?!

Oh I’m not sure what that seat is. My sons is a car seat that converts to a booster seat when needed (So the back will expand each time his head touches the top and eventually you take the back off. If these aren’t safe please do let me know and I’ll buy another. It’s Joie.) but Carter does look very small in it bless him. How old is he? Not old enough for forward facing surely?!
I love the joie brand! We personally have an Axkid which we love. I suppose the safety depends on how old and big your little one is but I’m sure you take it seriously unlike some of these idiots 🙈! He deffo isn’t old enough for forward facing and that seat is way to big for him. He’d fly out of that in the event of a crash! Sorry I’ll end me rant now before people direct me to netmums 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have the same type by joie,they're safe just as long as the booster isn't used till they're older.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
She must have plenty of photos ready to cover in emojis
I hate how she says partner too like a partner is someone you’re in a serious commitment relationship with, he’s just your ratty boyfriend hun 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Does Megan still do her lash business. She seems to post the same photo every time, her business page doesn't have a variety of pics just the same one over ans over. And apparently she's moved place now and isn't in that hut

Reactions: 6
Does Megan still do her lash business. She seems to post the same photo every time, her business page doesn't have a variety of pics just the same one over ans over. And apparently she's moved place now and isn't in that hut
Lack of new photos is probably due to having to close during the pandemic

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.