Teen Mom UK #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. I don’t mind her getting help from her parents. It’s the way they helped plus Jordan was working full time whilst she wasn't when they got the house but then she’ll talk about how hard she’s worked for it.
I’d like her a lot more if she acknowledged her privilege
Have you seen she’s just done an ad for Tesco! That’s quite big guns. I’m really surprised. She must have really good engagement?

Reactions: 4
I mean I wouldn’t call it an ulterior motive. Manley has M most weekends, unless it’s the holiday and they seem to split it more. Mia has M through the week, yes she goes to school but she’s still allowed a break🙃 I’d still want that time too if I was her. And let’s be honest could you imagine the tit storm Manley would bring if Mia said M doesn’t want to stay with you this weekend. She doesn’t want to stay at Erin’s. WW3 would kick off!
I didn't say she wasn't allowed a break.
I merely was in agreement with what somebody else pointed out, which is Mia's miss goody two shoes act so to speak most definitely alot of the time will have an ulterior motive, as with Mia it's most definitely me myself & I then Marlyia.
And I'm not saying Mia doesn't love Marlyia, but it was evident why she had her in the first place.
I also find it hilarious since your comment, everybody is now jumping on the bandwagon with the single parent posts 💀

Reactions: 4
The thing with Chloe. She's wearing designer bracelets which I'm gonna assumed are genuine. She must have had a fair few thousand in advertising deals. Surely anyone with any sense would be paying their mortgage off or moving whilst the money is good. I don't think she's very clever upstairs. I'd have thought her parents would have been advising her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
As someone who was in a settled relationship with a child and home, then a single parent for years and then back to a settled relationship again.. I personally found it easier being a single parent 🤪 I think it’s harder work having to look after the husband/man than a child 🙄😂 I loved being a single parent (not that I don’t love my partner lol or that I wanna be single again) but I loved how I could design mine and my child’s life how I wanted, just had to think of us two and only worry if we were happy and could do things that suited us.. I didn’t have to consider another adult or feel like I had to do things a certain way and by a certain time. Everyone’s experience is different though, everyone’s personality, their children and partners are diff too.. there’s good and bad sides of everything ✌🏻 It def shouldn’t be seen as a competition or a ‘who’s life is harder?’ type thing cause everyone experiences life completely different . I personally just wanted to say I was less stressed as a single parent 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You have NO IDEA what it’s like being a single parent. I’ve been both - married for most of my children’s lives and more recently single. Being a single parent is the hardest, most gruelling, exhausting thing I’ve ever done. I thought I knew what it would be like because my husband travelled a lot for work, worked long hours and wasn’t hands on with the kids. No. I had no idea what it was like.

Nothing frustrates me more than people parenting in relationships thinking that single parents have it easy because we get ‘time off’ from our kids. That ‘time off’ (and I agree 3 days a week is decent fir your friend - I get 24 hours twice a month) is NEEDED. The rest of the time we do absolutely everything alone - practically, physically, mentally, emotionally. All housework, childcare, life admin, paying bills, every decision every worry every sleepless night every bad day - everything that a couple shares, we do alone. Some days when I’m so exhausted from work I’d give my right arm to walk into the kitchen and see someone else has put a plate in the dishwasher or signed the kids’ reading logs or emptied the bin. But EVERYTHING is on me. The ‘time off’ from our kids makes up for every time you get to have a shower in peace because your partner is there. Every time your partner does a household task so you don’t have to do it. Every time your partner makes you a cup of tea. Every time the kids need something and there are two people to take it in turns getting up.
This. 100%.

I was with my partner from 17 to 30, two children.
Nothing, and I mean nothing can prepare you for being a single parent. How I have survived the last 12 months I will actually never know. It's mentally and physically exhausting.

Reactions: 7
As someone who was in a settled relationship with a child and home, then a single parent for years and then back to a settled relationship again.. I personally found it easier being a single parent 🤪 I think it’s harder work having to look after the husband/man than a child 🙄😂 I loved being a single parent (not that I don’t love my partner lol or that I wanna be single again) but I loved how I could design mine and my child’s life how I wanted, just had to think of us two and only worry if we were happy and could do things that suited us.. I didn’t have to consider another adult or feel like I had to do things a certain way and by a certain time. Everyone’s experience is different though, everyone’s personality, their children and partners are diff too.. there’s good and bad sides of everything ✌🏻 It def shouldn’t be seen as a competition or a ‘who’s life is harder?’ type thing cause everyone experiences life completely different . I personally just wanted to say I was less stressed as a single parent 😂
My Mum was a single parent for a long time and she always says it was easier on her own because the guy she married after that was so useless and just got in the way 😂 I mean look at how useless Jordan is to Chloe. And like you say easier not to have to compromise in many ways. I completely agree as well that I don't think it's right to say anyone is 'wrong' in this context tbh, everyone has a different experience, what one person finds hard another won't find so hard so who's to say someone else is wrong.

• Heart
I've been a single parent. My ex left me for someone else when my baby was weeks old and we also had a 5 year old. I loved it. He has them 3 days a week so I never felt hard done by. I'm with a new partner now and I still have the best of both worlds. Everyone's situations are different x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You have NO IDEA what it’s like being a single parent. I’ve been both - married for most of my children’s lives and more recently single. Being a single parent is the hardest, most gruelling, exhausting thing I’ve ever done. I thought I knew what it would be like because my husband travelled a lot for work, worked long hours and wasn’t hands on with the kids. No. I had no idea what it was like.

Nothing frustrates me more than people parenting in relationships thinking that single parents have it easy because we get ‘time off’ from our kids. That ‘time off’ (and I agree 3 days a week is decent fir your friend - I get 24 hours twice a month) is NEEDED. The rest of the time we do absolutely everything alone - practically, physically, mentally, emotionally. All housework, childcare, life admin, paying bills, every decision every worry every sleepless night every bad day - everything that a couple shares, we do alone. Some days when I’m so exhausted from work I’d give my right arm to walk into the kitchen and see someone else has put a plate in the dishwasher or signed the kids’ reading logs or emptied the bin. But EVERYTHING is on me. The ‘time off’ from our kids makes up for every time you get to have a shower in peace because your partner is there. Every time your partner does a household task so you don’t have to do it. Every time your partner makes you a cup of tea. Every time the kids need something and there are two people to take it in turns getting up.
I have to say that I found it easier being a single parent, my ex didn't really help or bother much and used to make things worse. I found parenting alone alot easier, so I guess it's different for everyone x

I don’t think Manley has M much if at all it’s Maggie who looks after her at the weekend Manleys story’s always him driving like a dick going for food with his road men and having that manly takeaway food he NEVER posts M not that that means he doesn’t have her but the mundane crap he puts up and the times he’s out and about I think he pops into Maggies now and then and sees the girls

Reactions: 10
Totally agree with the comments saying everybodies situation is different.

Some people work , some stay at home, some have exs helping out , other kids don't even know both their parents, some people have a large family to support etc.....

We could all list off many hypothetical or personal situations as we want but it's not as black and white as saying coupled parents are better off for having 2 or single parents are lucky to have a break.

(I've been in both situations but again that's my personal experience)

Reactions: 10
Agreed. I don’t mind her getting help from her parents. It’s the way they helped plus Jordan was working full time whilst she wasn't when they got the house but then she’ll talk about how hard she’s worked for it.
I’d like her a lot more if she acknowledged her privilege
Yes. It’s normal for parents to help, most definitely and, indeed it’s what decent parents should do but I’ve never come across another 17 year old (as she was then) who managed to get her mum to buy her a new Mercedes for her first car!

Couldn’t agree more with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes. It’s normal for parents to help, most definitely and, indeed it’s what decent parents should do but I’ve never come across another 17 year old (as she was then) who managed to get her mum to buy her a new Mercedes for her first car!
IIRC Chloe was still at home this point so it was supposed to be a shared car for both of them but Chloe ended up using it more. I’m not sure if I got that right

Reactions: 6
We won't be seeing any of marley in the next couple of episodes lol. Her segment will be her modelling shoot, her race and then her engagement paris trip. Marley where to be seen 😭😭🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We won't be seeing any of marley in the next couple of episodes lol. Her segment will be her modelling shoot, her race and then her engagement paris trip. Marley where to be seen 😭😭🤣🤣
I genuinely want to know when do they even have Marley, he’s in school now so that’s 6 hours a day five days a week, she does shoots, race and goes on holiday often with Jordan when I followed her barely any photos of him. So when do her and Jordan actually be parents? I’m just assuming it’s both there parents have him

Reactions: 14
I genuinely want to know when do they even have Marley, he’s in school now so that’s 6 hours a day five days a week, she does shoots, race and goes on holiday often with Jordan when I followed her barely any photos of him. So when do her and Jordan actually be parents? I’m just assuming it’s both there parents have him
I rekon this is why she doesn’t want more kids at the mo because she knows how easy her life is and when she has another one it will be harder as the baby will be with her 24/7 and will be harder to get babysitters . I actually think Chloe is really lazy but pretends she’s isn’t 🤣

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.