Teen Mom UK #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Putting it out there marilyah and her sister (forgot her name) shocked faces at the bunk beds was a lot more genuine and 100x better than Chloe’s shock over the proposal
Have we seen the proposal or have I missed one?

Sometimes it is just lazy parenting. It’s easier to stuff a dummy in a child’s mouth to quieten them down, or to comfort them when you can’t be bothered, and give into their demands/tantrums when you attempt to remove it, despite the damage it can do to their developing teeth etc.
I used to know a parent who literally called her child’s dummy a “shusher” and laughed about it

Reactions: 3
Sorry to bring this up again …

And I hope people don’t come for me because I’m not trying to make her look bad but does anyone else think amber is wanting a diagnosis, so that her kids behaviour doesn’t look like a reflection of her parenting?

don’t get me wrong there could be more to it with B but even dating back to the first seasons I’m sure he was under 2 and she couldn’t control him and would cry constantly. Let him drink coke and eat sweets because he cried for them and then would question why he’s so hyper.

Leaving him with the dummy for years not really maintaining boundaries and discipline until he was bigger (even then they showed her doing the naughty step once or twice and ever since she tells him stop, he doesn’t listen and she sits there stressed); I feel like he’d be her scapegoat and even the way she’s saying Hudson is copying Brooklyn rather than maybe I should put stricter boundaries and structure in place, use the dummy less, better diet, tackle misbehaviour.

I feel like it’s easier to label the older son a ‘problem’ or give him a condition if that makes sense? I mean obviously as parents we have to explore if it could Be more and I commend her for doing so; but if there isn’t anything there or even if there is I still feel that a better home life and stability and consistently following through on boundaries would make a lot of difference. I hope her and Ste make changes to the way they raise them as she’s not a bad mum but I do think she’s overwhelmed & could do with parenting classes (and Ste too).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19

And I hope people don’t come for me because I’m not trying to make her look bad but does anyone else think amber is wanting a diagnosis, so that her kids behaviour doesn’t look like a reflection of her parenting?

don’t get me wrong there could be more to it with B but even dating back to the first seasons I’m sure he was under 2 and she couldn’t control him and would cry constantly. Let him drink coke and eat sweets because he cried for them and then would question why he’s so hyper.

Leaving him with the dummy for years not really maintaining boundaries and discipline until he was bigger (even then they showed her doing the naughty step once or twice and ever since she tells him stop, he doesn’t listen and she sits there stressed); I feel like he’d be her scapegoat and even the way she’s saying Hudson is copying Brooklyn rather than maybe I should put stricter boundaries and structure in place, use the dummy less, better diet, tackle misbehaviour.

I feel like it’s easier to label the older son a ‘problem’ or give him a condition if that makes sense? I mean obviously as parents we have to explore if it could Be more and I commend her for doing so; but if there isn’t anything there or even if there is I still feel that a better home life and stability and consistently following through on boundaries would make a lot of difference. I hope her and Ste make changes to the way they raise them as she’s not a bad mum but I do think she’s overwhelmed & could do with parenting classes (and Ste too).
Didn’t they have a lady come in and try to help? They also went to couples therapy didn’t they?

Reactions: 1
Didn’t they have a lady come in and try to help? They also went to couples therapy didn’t they?
I vaguely remember those things but the therapy was more to do with him cheating and their past issues with each other. Plus since that season look how toxic it’s been in different ways;they repeated the same behaviour right after and every season since then 😩 every season they say they’ll argue less, focus on co-parenting blah blah but there’s still clearly issues with their foundation and how the kids carry on is a reflection of their home environment. They need parenting classes or supernanny (jk about supernanny btw) or both 😂

Reactions: 2
Just caught up on the show. Ste And Darren are absolutely awful dads. They’re abusive in front of their children, they are just horrible people. Stop bloody shouting in front of your children just because you don’t agree with what their mum has to say.

Manley is immature and pathetic, speak to your child’s mum ffs, you were grown up enough to have two children, act like a bloody adult. I don’t think Mia is innocent, and I do think there is more behind why Manley doesn’t want to speak to her, however for the sake of your daughter you have to be the bigger person and at least have a conversation.

Jordan seems to be a much better person than he was. It’s nice to see him making an effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just caught up on the show. Ste And Darren are absolutely awful dads. They’re abusive in front of their children, they are just horrible people. Stop bloody shouting in front of your children just because you don’t agree with what their mum has to say.

Manley is immature and pathetic, speak to your child’s mum ffs, you were grown up enough to have two children, act like a bloody adult. I don’t think Mia is innocent, and I do think there is more behind why Manley doesn’t want to speak to her, however for the sake of your daughter you have to be the bigger person and at least have a conversation.

Jordan seems to be a much better person than he was. It’s nice to see him making an effort.
I don’t think that’s a fair assessment of Darren tbh. What about Sassi? He wasn’t rude. He just said he wasn’t gonna make her a promise to get married and she starts screaming at him

Reactions: 41
If I was amber I’d be very concerned about the boys copying their dads behaviour and think it was normal to yell at her like he does, she’s gonna be in trouble when they are older

Reactions: 25

Why is Darren the abusive one and not Sassi?

Reactions: 28

I know someone who is trying to say their child has ADHD to excuse her bad parenting, ADHD on it's own doesn't make you badly behaved or spiteful, that's ADHD with ODD which is due to an insecure attachment with your parent (usually from bad parenting, not always a parents fault, they just might not know any better).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As much as people love to hate Chloe, at least her and JOOOOORD have the self control to not go at each other like the rest of the mums. And it reflects in Marley's behaviour (from what we see anyway) that he feels safe and secure in his environment.

Every other set of parents think it's OK to have a blazing row in front of a small child. It's not OK for the kids to see that in my opinion. It will end up affecting their behaviour and their own relationships. Kids remember stuff like that for years and it feeds into everything.

Reactions: 29
As much as people love to hate Chloe, at least her and JOOOOORD have the self control to not go at each other like the rest of the mums. And it reflects in Marley's behaviour (from what we see anyway) that he feels safe and secure in his environment.

Every other set of parents think it's OK to have a blazing row in front of a small child. It's not OK for the kids to see that in my opinion. It will end up affecting their behaviour and their own relationships. Kids remember stuff like that for years and it feeds into everything.
I feel like Joooooorrddd just cannot be bothered to argue with her. Although Sassi and Darren scream at each other I think they used to show much more love towards each other than Chloe and Jordan

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just catching up on the new series

Amber ….. big yawn “right is it bed time yet?” ……Amber looks at phone …… “oh god half an hour yet” big sigh 😂😂😂😂sorry but she makes me howl 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I know someone who is trying to say their child has ADHD to excuse her bad parenting, ADHD on it's own doesn't make you badly behaved or spiteful, that's ADHD with ODD which is due to an insecure attachment with your parent (usually from bad parenting, not always a parents fault, they just might not know any better).
Wait a minute sorry to go off topic but are you saying a child with ODD is down to bad parenting?

Reactions: 2
Just catching up on the new series

Amber ….. big yawn “right is it bed time yet?” ……Amber looks at phone …… “oh god half an hour yet” big sigh 😂😂😂😂sorry but she makes me howl 😆
Haha that made me laugh too 🤣 I wouldn't be looking forward to bed time if I was her though , they are in her bed! I know people like to co sleep so not slating that just my opinion is no way would I do it unless they're poorly , I need my own space and time to myself

Reactions: 6
Wait a minute sorry to go off topic but are you saying a child with ODD is down to bad parenting?
No not just, it's usually a combination of genetics, social environmental and insecure attachment. Whereas ADHD and autism are absolutely nothing to do with parenting, environment and attachment.

Also that wasn't meant to offend anyone
No not just, it's usually a combination of genetics, social environmental and insecure attachment. Whereas ADHD and autism are absolutely nothing to do with parenting, environment and attachment.
Also that was meant to offend anyone so sorry if I have, I also don't want to get into a debate about it, I was only mentioning it because people were saying Brooklyns behaviour might be because of him social environment. I'm not a doctor just saying what I've read/heard about ODD. Hopefully we can move on and get back on topic. Sorry! X

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.