Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
Her country music days were the highlight for me and where she’s at her best. Not that I didn’t enjoy 1989, reputation not so much.
Sadly she moved to generic pop for the money and will probably continue to do so until the money train stops.

openbook1

VIP Member
I go through phases on playing that on repeat.

Anyone else actually love the Reputation album? I hugely appreciate how banging it is but from what I gather it was not critically praised or a fan favourite?
I think Rep has A LOT of filler songs - I feel like it is fine to have one song on the album that is thematically cheesy like "We Are Never Getting Back Together" but Rep has many of them (for me)

- Ready For It (Good for the concert but eh, not a great song Taylor wise)
- End Game (cringey)
- Look What You Made Me Do (I like the MV but the song is not great)
- Gorgeous
- This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
- New Year's Day (awful and bland)

The rest are good but not my favourite.

newtoyou

VIP Member
Her lawyer's given a statement to deny Borchetta's claims that she was given every opportunity to have her masters. I dont trust either of the SBs

"Scott Borchetta never gave Taylor Swift an opportunity to purchase her masters, or the label, outright with a check in the way he is now apparently doing for others," Swift's attorney Donald Passman said.

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I enjoyed the documentary but agree with others here who said that the whole thing felt very planned. To me, it felt very carefully crafted and staged. She wasn’t really “letting us in”. She didn’t really address any of the alleged missteps that she’s made in the past. It was a PR piece to make us feel sorry for her and buy more albums.

Celebrity navel gazing at its’ finest!

StarryEyed

Chatty Member
I do think though with the politics and if true her sexuality that it was awkward with her coming out with her real beliefs as it heavily conflicts with the core of her fan base due to her country background. The rest of them were able to talk about these subjects without alienating their audience

openbook1

VIP Member

Deany644

If Mariah Carey would learn to accept the fact that she is 49 and not 19, that would help. The woman refuses to age with any class or dignity and her career has suffered because of it. She is one of the defining voices of a generation and she most certainly could dominate the charts again if she would chose grown up material that was catchy. Kelly Clarkson does it all the time. Surely Mariah could manage it just once.

And the only thing I'll say about JLo is she needs her looks to stay relevant because she can't sing or act well at all. Bless her heart.
Tbf Mariah's album caution is really good. Yes her voice is amazing but she has issues she always faces backlash because she doesn't sound the same as she did when she Frist came out. Everything you have said about Jennifer love tits is true.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Favourite song of all time!?

Clean, back to December and how you get the girl always come into my head first 😂 there are so many from her old albums I LOVE
but the new album is a big no.
I’ve only listened to it fully once 🤦‍♀️

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
This may seem like a really stupid question but where can I purchase it from? The link on insta takes you to her store which says USA purchases only. Checked on iTunes and amazon , no listing as yet. Am I too early or is uk release different 🤷‍♀️

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Where’s shawn mendes at!!!
Fake GF has spoke up, little Shawn has done a duet with her and nothing. 😏

openbook1

VIP Member
She might have been here for a while or they might be old photos as some of her vocals for evermore were recorded in the UK, I think at one of the Mumford and Sons band member's recording studio
Yes you are right, she did use one of the member's studios for Evermore.

leigh213

VIP Member
Hannah hart was also in it if anyone cares, seeing as this is a youtube forum.
I saw that too, and that's the only other person I knew besides the obvious ones. I feel a bit out of the loop if it was chock full of people I had a hard time identifying them.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
No wonder Scott Squared are trying everything to stop her and silence her. I can't even imagine the amount of money they're gonna lose/miss out on from this. I know that most people will still listen to the old versions (as will I), but I guess that's not where the money is. I reckon whoever said the songs will be as identical as they can be is right. She'll probably change the deep cuts a little more?
Well, Scooter "bought" them for $300 million, I think. He had to have financial help for it. That is a hell of a lot of money. Taylor's catalog makes up most of Big Machine's revenue. Without her music, they are nothing. She was the biggest artist on their roster.

Yel

Chatty Member
It's the best song from this era so far, not that it says much. The only one from lover that after one play I want to hear again.

Not sure if it's amazing like many are saying. I think it's missing something - give Robyn half an hour and we'd have a smash. But this is just a buzz track. I think she should ditch the 18 tracks and just include the 10-12 jack produced ones if this is anything to go by.

"They see right through me" yes so many do ;)

Still shameless the selling of blank pages to write a journal, that's the kind of thing a gleamer would do. 30 whole pages from her diary, gee thanks.

Yel

Chatty Member
I am pretty sure she is going to come out. She did another performance last night with a Pride speech. When she talks about pride she uses inclusive pronouns such as we and I.
I'm still not convinced, seems like another vehicle to further herself. Just a popular cause to latch onto.

I hope she's not got some big detailed master plan to come out. Rita ora "coming out" with her tone death BI song didn't help her career.
I think with the politics stuff she got slated for not having anything to say about politics
Makes no sense that she suddenly became political at the time where most plebs are fed of celebs preaching their opinions as if they're wise sages. Everything's so ill thought out with Taylor these days.

Yel

Chatty Member
it comes with a magazine with diff content, and other products too. It is a very kpop thing to do. Kpop singers release up to 20 deluxe versions which is mad. I am not a fan of this marketing technique but if fans buy it, then it won't stop. With 1989, she released 4 different versions with different Polaroid inside.
Oh totally, I just found it a bit comical Taylor pointing out the background text colour was different. I don't mind so much someone like Kylie and using her fanbase like this else she wouldn't ever get her albums out.