Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
This comment is fact and I've just realised it. Thank you.

I live for the bridges. Even the non ranty ones. I knew you were trouble, I did something bad, all too well and sooo many others have great bridges...

I probably love them so much because I'm super argumentative. It's the lyrical equivalent of an "and actually..." 🤣
The All Too Well bridge is stronger than actual Brooklyn Bridge

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Don’t really care if she is or not, it shouldn’t really matter. Il talk about her when there’s something to take about but “is she gay” isn’t it. ?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I've had evermore on non stop since she released it. My appreciation for Taylor has been latecoming. On the whole I fgjnd her a phenomenal talent. The poignancy of folklore is irrevocably tied up with the sadness of 2020...my all time favourite songs on that album are epiphany.. Judy hauntingly perfect and this is me trying... I like that it's whimsical and irreverent too however. Evermore is just as gorgeous... Coney Island takes my breath away as does tolerate this and the sage wisdom infused in happiness... These albums have sustained me through all this covid sh*t, I hope ddhe wins all the accolades for them..
If you're late to Taylor you might not get all the references to her exes/older songs in Coney Island. There are loads.

The podium bit is Calvin (she didn't mention him in grammy speech, hah!, and the too polite to leave me), the birthday cake is Jake Gyllenhaal (didn't show up to her 21st), accident is Harry Styles (they reportedly had a snow mobile accident (also referenced in out of the woods) as is the rogue who coaxed you into paradise bit I think, blue skies to grey is John Mayer (dear John). I think the song is basically saying "these events were such a big deal to me back then but it feels like such a non event now, sorry if I acted badly, meh, I don't care any more". I just love the tapestries she weaves. She's ridiculously clever.

Reactions: 17

Polkadot123

VIP Member
The All Too Well bridge is stronger than actual Brooklyn Bridge
All too well is a bloody masterpiece. And deserves all the recognition.
And I would say Jake G is an idiot but we all got an amazing song out of it.

Did anyone see he posted a pic a few weeks back of when he was little with glasses. And all the comments were just 'you used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin sized bed'

• Haha
Reactions: 16

newtoyou

VIP Member
100% believe it. It happened years ago and the only reason it was made so public in 2017 was because he decided to sue her for losing his job so she counter sued him for 1 dollar. Her and her team only complained to his workplace at the time, and didn’t try and sue him or whatever. I really thought she was amazing at the trial.

Reactions: 16

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
I'm 41 and I looove Taylor. I think she's incredible in every way. I've read every post in this thread today, lol.:sleep:

Prior to the Red singles (I particularly loved trouble) I just assumed she was a generic country pop princess and she wasn't on my radar. But I liked her style (and the fact that she was gorgeous and sexy but without needing to be half naked or dance like a stripper) and her songs were both catchy and clever, (even 'we are never', which at first listen comes across as fun but vacuous pop, but it's genius).

As this thread goes back years there were some, as expected, comments about her being a bit whiny etc and LWYMMD being awful, criticism of Reputation, disappointment that Kanye references were made in so many albums, the documentary being a bit staged etc.

I think that none of us can REALLY understand what she went through in 2016. The cancel culture is sickening (albeit warranted in some cases of genuinely atrocious behaviour (Trump being a fine example)), but Taylor's life got turned upside down and she was entirely innocent. At worst, she was guilty of maybe not telling Kanye where to go in the first place. And guilty for complaining about it, because nobody likes a woman who whines. On the leaked footage you can tell she's very uneasy with the whole phonecall. She knew well that he was top level narcissist and she was guarded. Not guarded enough though, admittedly. They tried to RUIN her. Calvin too (he's very unsavory, isn't he?). She got death threats. She had been on top of the world at that stage. And people just assumed she was the one lying. Even years later.

So I get why she released Reputation. She was scarred and really fucking angry about it. The fact that she came back at all is brave af. I actually love the album AND LWYMMD. I love that it's dark, bitter and feminist, but actually under all that, it's a love album. Her performance of I did something bad on the rep tour is like musical theatre. Fantastic. I even like End Game.

Me! is awful, but it sounded much better in the documentary and I get why she kinda ran with it. It was the anthesis to Reputation.

I love many of the songs on Lover but it had a level of disappointment for me because it wasn't quite the album I knew she should and could make. We just needed a global pandemic for that...

I particularly resonate with her because I can be reactive and my own worst enemy at times. If I'm pissed off I literally don't have it in me to go with grace, so MTR totally strikes a chord in that way. Afterglow is me too. Particularly with PMT.

I think Evermore might just pop Folklore for excellence. Both stunning albums. Imo her best ever lyric is on champagne problems. I believe she has found proper love with Joe. The end of the video for Willow, where they walk out of the barn(?) makes me think they are definitely married. I don't know what happened with Karlie but I don't think she's gay. Bi possibly. I think Gold rush is about her and it's not a complimentary song.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Oh and re: the whole Gaylor thing...

Why would she lie? She's 31. She has already burnt her bridges with a big % of country fans with her comments to trump. Her music has gotten increasingly feminist. She had $350 million in the bank BEFORE folklore. She literally has nothing to lose. I don't understand why people think she would need to hide her sexuality now. Yes, some of the folklore/evermore songs have gay connotations, but she has also categorically told us she loves a London boy.

Oh and he can be a London boy without living in London if he's actually from there. Random comment above. I could move to Japan. I'd still be Irish.

Most teenage girls tell each other how hot they are on social media. Reading into things like that is just reaching imo. The photo of herself and Karlie 'kissing' may be exactly that and they may have been a thing, but also some girls do that when they have a few drinks in them. When I was mid 20s there were 2 girls I worked with who kept kissing me and each other on the lips at the Christmas do. Wasn't my bag but didn't want to be rude.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Chateau Marmont

So impressed with the new version of Love Story. It's more tightly produced with punchier, more polished vocals and blows the original out of the water despite how slight the differences seem on the surface.

In your face, Scooter.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

openbook1

VIP Member
One of the things I love about Taylor's music is her "rant" style bridges... they are quite unique to her!

They are in:
The Other Side of The Door (legendary)
Out of the Woods
Getaway Car
Cruel Summer
Death By A Thousand Cuts
August

Not sure if Evermore Has one?
Probably the one in Champagne Problems or in Ivy when she sings: "
So yeah, it's a fire
It's a goddamn blaze in the dark
And you started it
You started it
So yeah, it's a war
It's the goddamn fight of my life
And you started it
You started it."

Highly recommend listening to the songs in that order. You will have a serotonin rush, lol.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
No, I thought the same. Kinda disappointed, ngl.
Guess she really doesn't want to give people a reason to ever listen to the original again lol.

yep. recording them exactly the same renders the masters worthless and ultimately scooter makes no money from them! it's perfect revenge! 😁

Polkadot123

VIP Member
I'm 29 and in a very happy relationship.
But can't wait to shut myself away and blast the fearless album out screeching along feeling like a teen again 🤣🤣
Such a soft spot for fearless as it was the first one that really made it to England then she rapidly started getting huge everywhere.

• Heart
  • Haha

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Her MySpace posts had some stupid weirdly sexual postings to friends that everyone was doing at the time— I’m about Taylor’s age and most teenage girls’ pages had posts like that. It’s just cringey but not a hint at hidden teenage lesbianism imo.

The rumours and conspiracies about Dianna and Karlie were kinda funny at first, but tbh after all that’s gone down in the world recently I am kind of over conspiracies and these elaborate ‘here’s the proof!‘ screengrabs and essays on all the ~signs~ and the hints Taylor supposedly drops and what the big bad PR are trying to hide. Sorry, it just seems so wrong now and frankly... it’s stupid. Especially when you see how easy it is to manipulate with hand picked quotes and whatnot. For example, the quote from the Miss Americana documentary that a poster used above, well if you watch the video it’s not entirely accurate and you can even tell the video itself edits what Taylor says for the sake of flow. It’s just about making people feel they’ve spotted the TRUTH and are on some weird treasure hunt to expose, what exactly. They want so badly to believe that big Powers (PR in this case) are keeping the truth from the masses and they have proof.

As for Joe, I can hardly think of one young male celebrity who hasn’t had gay rumours. It’s tired.

If you actually care about queer visibility there are plenty of out celebs who you can support, Taylor has said clearly she is straight. Find another hobby.

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I hope Taylor is happy with whoever she's with. I don't think she's had an easy time in the music industry. I know a lot of people, including myself, used to see her as someone who'd drag 'poor, innocent' men in her songs (early teenage internalised misogyny) but then grew up and realised that if men have one thing, its the audacity and they probably did all treat her like shit 😂. I've always loved her music but now I love her as a person and hope she's content. Of course she isn't perfect but I think the way she's been treated in the industry is horrible and I'm glad a lot of the people, especially girls, who used to drag her are now embracing her.

lalalanded

VIP Member
Everybody in the industry knows that her and Joe are a PR relationship. She swings the other way. I would be very surprised if she takes Joe down the aisle.
This rumour has been around for so long, I just don't see it myself. Having said that, Joe has the sex appeal of a damp towel for me. She could do so much better!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Yes, although I was a bit gutted in a way as some of the stories behind the songs were so vanilla, I was hoping for a bit more scandal!
It bothered me because she obviously had these rehearsed things to say about the songs but she was being evasive and it ended up just being, IMO, really dull. I felt like sometimes Jack would push the conversation in an interesting direction and Taylor would just be like “...” and go back to talking about things in a way she’d kind of already thought out for her fans on Tumblr to easily digest. To me the more honest descriptions were of hoax and peace. I found out later that she directed it, and that made sense. I think the special needed a director or a moderator because Taylor lives too in her head and too aware of outside perception to pull off in depth discussions about her music on camera IMO.

I thought similarly when she recently talked about Coney Island... I personally think it’s a stunning song and one of her best ever... and she’s like, oh I imagined it’s about someone who after many years sees they’ve taken their long term partner for granted. Again making it about a detached story. I’m like... Taylor... this song has such literal references to you and your past and your past muses. Why make it so boring with this boring ass description?

Pinkii

VIP Member
I love that she keeps outing him in a respectful way.

what an arsehole of a man really, how other artists work with him knowing he has done this and will do the same to them is beyond me.

Yel

Chatty Member
I actually thought she was super conservative for ages so was surprised when she and her mum posted about voting for the more liberal candidate.
I loved her suddenly voicing a political opinion the moment the tour was over and she had already snatched the money from all the republican states.

She's so petty - knew the Spotify ban had to be lifted now streaming is so important and chose the release of Katy Perry's witness as the day to make her back catalogue streamable.

Not sure what's happening with Lena, Jack and Lorde. If she loses Jack new music could be a while away.

Reputation tour made money, but way short of estimations.

She could still be in hiding for a long time before there's any news or music. Glad her polaroid advert (that's actually a fuji something) isn't playing on youtube every 5 minutes.

openbook1

VIP Member
I just want to say I am really grateful to have this page. There are so many wonderful people. I am currently not working, my husband is very busy WFH so sometimes we don't talk much during the day and it can get quite lonely. I feel less alone on here, as cheesy as it sounds 🥺

Woops. Was meant for the covid page lol but counts for here too I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 10