Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Els c

Re the squad I think it was a bit of both. Taylor looked popular and some of them gained exposure. Zendaya and hailed definitely made snarky comments about it later. I think Taylor has also said she regrets it..

NightCircus

Who was it that said Taylor was Regina George? I forget, but that's exactly how it all came across during that era. I like the current, more chilled out low-key Taylor much more.

Deany644

I'm still not convinced, seems like another vehicle to further herself. Just a popular cause to latch onto.

I hope she's not got some big detailed master plan to come out. Rita ora "coming out" with her tone death BI song didn't help her career.

Makes no sense that she suddenly became political at the time where most plebs are fed of celebs preaching their opinions as if they're wise sages. Everything's so ill thought out with Taylor these days.
I think becuase everyone was having a dig I even saw people saying that she has a duty as a us citizen to be politically active. Or she is just fed up with the way the America is heading.

BasilRathbon

I agree with everyone who is disappointed with recent albums. Red and 1989 were so good, wasn't a fan at all of Reputation and haven't bothered much with Lover yet.

Not a fan of The Man, not one of her strongest. I think the message could have been better as I don't doubt that she has had to deal with misogyny, and it's definitely double standards with male/female celebs but I feel she could have portrayed this better in the lyrics if she wanted to go down that road.

However, the bit about running faster and not getting as far as if she were a man (can't remember the lyrics lol something along these lines) didn't really sit right with me as I don't think it's true - she's one of the most famous current artists there is, regardless of gender.

Overall though I do like Taylor. And I know the Kim/Kanye drama was ages ago and feels like old news but good for her that it's finally come out after the backlash she got. Intrigued who leaked it..
Is it just me or does Taylor Swift look creepily like Rylan Clark in her video for The Man?

Yel

Chatty Member
I actually think her “raw” footage is probably more staged than everything else.
This. The most "candid" moments in the doc - talking about trump, being political or her relationship all felt very well rehearsed.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm glad she didn't actually mention scooter (auto correct came up with scatter 🤢), although him pretending to be all innocent and surprised by a backlash after he posted that he bought Taylor still pisses me off.

Halsey’s speech was good too. I confess I don’t know much about her.
Probably for the best, she's pretty problematic - the embodiment of woke tumlbr. Although I've ignored her after that racist shampoo stuff.

fiffle-faffle

No body, No crime is such a weird one but I can’t help but find it incredibly catchy 😆

I’m right in thinking she’s the mistress herself right??
I think that because of the whole life insurance policy line.
But then who is 'she' in 'She thinks I did it but she just can't prove it'?

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I'm glad she didn't actually mention scooter (auto correct came up with scatter 🤢), although him pretending to be all innocent and surprised by a backlash after he posted that he bought Taylor still pisses me off.

Probably for the best, she's pretty problematic - the embodiment of woke tumlbr. Although I've ignored her after that racist shampoo stuff.
I find Halsey annoying, same with Camilla. Don't get me started on Billie Eilish. I didn't realise she is only 17. Thought she was in her 30s and she seems like an utter prick.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Gosh, I just adore her. This piano rendition of Lover is so good. And I swear she is looking the most healthy she ever has. Her face looks fuller, in a good way, and so glowing. I recall in her ELLE 30 things interview that she alluded to having an eating disorder during the 1989 era.

newtoyou

VIP Member
Yeah I understand that. But why the line ' Good thing his mistress took out a big life insurance policy'

Why, as a friend of Este's, would that be a good thing?

Edit....hmm I guess it could then point the finger at the mistress for a motive.
I thought it meant that Taylor was going to kill the mistress next. So good thing she has a life insurance policy so her family can cash it in?

Yel

Chatty Member
Glad everyone else is on board with seeing Tay just use anything for her own personal gain. She's ruthless and constantly scheming, just what I want from my popstars and bond villains. I would admire her if she actually bothered to but the effort into the music.

They'll be a Katy duet soon enough.

EVERY guest on the couch was so enamored with her and they were all fangirling
The "panic!" guy seems half fangirling, other half scared of her.

Had no idea her bf was in the favourite, thought he was some unknown actor.

Her fan base are everything https://www.teenvogue.com/story/taylor-swift-fan-account-twitter-creator-israeli-military-prison

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
If she’s about to come out, this is already a long build up 😂
Maybe she just decided she had enough of the gay badgers in her country and decided to speak up (and make that cash at the same time!)

newtoyou

VIP Member
I'm starting to really stan for her

Although people need to stop encouraging her to release the man! I still think Ms swift who was meeting record execs at 13 shouldn't be talking about getting there quicker and theres been a handful of articles giving it way too much credit.

I half want London boy to be a single just for the video.

Hasn't she said she won't release cruel summer as it's the winter?
I always get a bit of second hand embarrassment when she does hand movements 🙈

But yeh I think she implied she couldn’t release Cruel Summer now.

I’m starting to wonder if she’s not gonna do singles anymore.

openbook1

VIP Member
I was listening to Hoax and noticed the lyric "my barren land." That phrase is sometimes used by women who cannot have children. It is very personal but I wonder is that what Taylor means?