Taylor Swift #9 We did it, Joe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She sings Lover every show, and that's also a mega-Joe song and her voice doesn't break and she doesn't cry. She's a professional, she could sing any and all of her songs, but, imo, it's more that she chooses to bury some songs and swap them to send messages. Ever the Easter Egg master.
To be fair from the videos I’ve seen of her singing it on tiktok and twitter she looks very emotionally checked out/like she’s dissociating when singing lover. I imagine she’d do the same for any of the other Joe heavy songs when it comes to having to sing them for the obvious live album she’ll release at the end

Reactions: 11
JMO but I think she was gunning for the Song of the Year Grammy with Lover and wrote it for that express purpose. I don't think it has any special meaning to her, it was just a love song she wrote for a Grammy and a bump in streaming every year during wedding season.

Reactions: 8
JMO but I think she was gunning for the Song of the Year Grammy with Lover and wrote it for that express purpose. I don't think it has any special meaning to her, it was just a love song she wrote for a Grammy and a bump in streaming every year during wedding season.
She said while she wrote it , she imagined a couple alone swaying on the dance floor at the end of the night . I think you’re right - it’s a generic love song . Probably helped she was in love while she wrote it and could access those emotions , but it’s not as specific about Joe as some of the songs other songs on both Rep and Lover

Reactions: 10
The “leave the Christmas lights up til January” lyric has always bothered me. No one takes them down in December 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The “leave the Christmas lights up til January” lyric has always bothered me. No one takes them down in December 🤣
There is not a person in the world Id leave my christmas decorations up until January for. Theyre making my skin crawl 3 days after theyre up 😂

Boxing day = tit back in the loft.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
There is not a person in the world Id leave my christmas decorations up until January for. Theyre making my skin crawl 3 days after theyre up 😂

I’m too busy vegetating to even consider taking down decorations 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t mind the name as much having seen the doc and knowing she’s talking about everyone wanting her to be America’s sweetheart, and obviously named after the song. Could’ve been better choices though
The funny thing is that she wanted to be and played the ‘Americas Sweetheart’ role for years while it served her. Then she ditched that persona and victimised herself again when she/her PR saw that people always only expect good from a ‘sweetheart’.

Don't ever move to Mexico. Many people leave them on until Candlemas (February 2nd 🤣).

I'm surprised Brazil is selling the tickets physically. I'd have assumed it'd all be online like everywhere else.

ETA: asked a Brazilian friend and apparently they don't have regular Ticketmaster for this sale and even if they were using the online sale some people wouldn't trust it because scalpers hack accounts and then you get to the venue and someone already used your ticket.

Guess Ticketmaster isn't all evil after all, I'd rather deal with its stupid fees and it falling than scalpers with guns.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Don't ever move to Mexico. Many people leave them on until Candlemas (February 2nd 🤣).

I'm surprised Brazil is selling the tickets physically. I'd have assumed it'd all be online like everywhere else.

ETA: asked a Brazilian friend and apparently they don't have regular Ticketmaster for this sale and even if they were using the online sale some people wouldn't trust it because scalpers hack accounts and then you get to the venue and someone already used your ticket.

Guess Ticketmaster isn't all evil after all, I'd rather deal with its stupid fees and it falling than scalpers with guns.
Yes, Brazil has a tradition of still selling a small percentage of the tickets for big concerts in person at the venues. I'm so glad I'm not in Rio right now, because I'm sure I would have never been able to get tickets, as I never did for any concerts there hahaha. The only friends who managed to get it this time did it through the pre-sale for the people who bought Loverfest tickets.

Reactions: 5
I've always thought in the back of my mind that we should go back to buying tickets at box offices and over the phone instead of giving robbing bastards Ticketmaster money but I think I've changed my mind reading that.

Reactions: 9
With the way concert queuing culture is now, I’d have no chance if it wasn’t for Ticketmaster
---
GUYS this happened right before she announced something for the US! Imminent I think

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Urgh I cant really afford it right now. Not with school holidays looming and splurging £150 on Matt Rife tickets last week.

However I will sort something out 😂

With the way concert queuing culture is now, I’d have no chance if it wasn’t for Ticketmaster
---
GUYS this happened right before she announced something for the US! Imminent I think
She just announced three more dates for LatAm

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.