Taylor Swift #9 We did it, Joe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once dreamt that Taylor Swift was my sister. We hung out in her house. She had a pool.

It really was such a nice dream.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I once had a dream that I broke into her house (completely mad eup house) and her lyric book was on the table and I got caught stealing it 😫🫣😳

I woke up in a sweat 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That's funny because in my dream I hadn't locked her back door. She wasn't cross but she was checking i knew how the keys worked and the importance of locking doors.

I hope I haven't accidentally revealed something disturbing about my psychology by sharing this.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That's funny because in my dream I hadn't locked her back door. She wasn't cross but she was checking i knew how the keys worked and the importance of locking doors.

I hope I haven't accidentally revealed something disturbing about my psychology by sharing this.
I’m worried my dream has revealed that I’ll take anyone back if they’ve had a wash and tidy up their Nissan Micra 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I once had a dream I met her and we had a chat and she tried to set me up with her cousin but it turned out it was my ex. We awkwardly had a date with her and I can’t remember what is name was but it was some random actor (they were dating) and we went to a soft play 😭.

It was horribly uncomfy. 🤣

• Haha
Currently looking at potential outfits for Swiftogeddon and I'd love a sparkly sequin dress but the thought of the itchiness after dancing for hours is putting me off 😫
Try to find one with lining inside, then they're not particularly itchy. I wore one from H&M for a NYE party and never felt uncomfortable. Or leave the sequins for the bottom, a sequin skirt is usually not as itchy as a dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Taylor Swift #10 Matty was driving the getaway car, but they didn’t get far

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve had a lot more people telling me they like Taylor swift since midnights came out, which is strange. I’d have assumed folklore or evermore would have been the album to sway people
I think Folklore and Evermore have a lot of songs that either fail to be catchy - which is sort of the problem I have with Taylor in general tbh, the scream along lyrics aside - or they require you to be in a certain mood. Midnights has a lot of songs you can just play on repeat and not really have to connect with the overall message/mood which makes it a very easy listen

I think Folklore and Evermore have a lot of songs that either fail to be catchy - which is sort of the problem I have with Taylor in general tbh, the scream along lyrics aside - or they require you to be in a certain mood. Midnights has a lot of songs you can just play on repeat and not really have to connect with the overall message/mood which makes it a very easy listen
I broadly agree. I think a fair few of her songs only become catchy after several listens, which I guess means they're not really that catchy!

It took me a long time to get into folklore and evermore, there weren't really any songs that stood out to me on the first listen unlike on the poppier albums.

Reactions: 3
I broadly agree. I think a fair few of her songs only become catchy after several listens, which I guess means they're not really that catchy!

It took me a long time to get into folklore and evermore, there weren't really any songs that stood out to me on the first listen unlike on the poppier albums.
I definitely struggled more (and still do) with evermore. I thought it was maybe because it was a lot at once and the first time Taylor had really done the one album right after another thing, I had only just gotten to grips with the flow of folklore and how different it was and then got slapped with evermore only a few months later.

Also did folklore / evermore really get any radio play in the UK at all? I always feel like the Swifties are diehard over those two albums but most casual Taylor fans I know have never even heard of them. In contrast, Midnights singles have been on Radio 1 NON STOP!

I think TikTok also has a lot of influence in making Midnights so big this time around. All the viral dances and videos. TT wasn't as big back in 2020.

Lots of the people who became fans recently don't know anything about folklore, evermore, debut, speak now 🤣 they know some red because of Red TV, 1989 because of , again, songs that went viral recently like Wildest Dreams and Cruel Summer.

The amount of my friends and colleagues
who are now trying to tell me that Taylor has good songs and she’s really talented, knowing I’ve been a fan for 10+ years … I’m like YEAH I KNOW!

• Haha
I once had a dream I met her and we had a chat and she tried to set me up with her cousin but it turned out it was my ex. We awkwardly had a date with her and I can’t remember what is name was but it was some random actor (they were dating) and we went to a soft play 😭.

It was horribly uncomfy. 🤣
The soft play part killed me 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Loving hearing about all these Taylor dreams!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Also did folklore / evermore really get any radio play in the UK at all? I always feel like the Swifties are diehard over those two albums but most casual Taylor fans I know have never even heard of them. In contrast, Midnights singles have been on Radio 1 NON STOP!
I remember Greg James playing cardigan and saying “it’s alright but it’s not one of her best is it”😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I remember Greg James playing cardigan and saying “it’s alright but it’s not one of her best is it”😂
I actually didn’t love it when I first heard it but over time it’s become one of my top 5 easily. Some of her best lyrics.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I was a little underwhelmed by cardigan at first … I think the main lyric sounded funny to me. Like ‘when I felt like I was an old cardigan under someone’s bed’ …

Can’t say I’ve ever felt like an old cardigan Taylor?

It’s grown on me though and I can now look past the dodgy metaphor 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.