Taylor Swift #9 We did it, Joe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her videos aren’t fun anymore 😭 the die hard swifties just go “OMG A DOG - A DOG BARKS - BARK IS PART OF TREE - SHE STOOD UNDER A TREE IN BLANK SPACE - 1989 CONFIRMED”

chill TF out
sorry this absolutely killed me 🤣 completely agree, the “Easter egg” swift-tokkers arms must be 100m long with how far they reach for some clout

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The easter egg hunters make tiktok unbearable. They all grasp at straws to try be the first person to find an easter egg in the hopes Taylor will see and it baffles me. She’s probably laughing her arse off at how far some reach and come out with and thinks some folk are mental. Just enjoy the art for christ sake.

Reactions: 9
I feel like music videos in general are bit redundant now … do kids still sit and watch music channel? I used to when I was a teen but not sure if that’s a thing anymore with streaming.

Ive never really been wowed by any mv though, Taylor or not. I do like ATW 10 min because I find Sadie Sink so beautiful and think she plays her role very well.

I know she has all the money in the world, but when I watch MVs like Bejeweled I kinda just think eh, that probs cost you a bomb and took a long time to make and other than the SN Easter eggs even swifties probs will only watch it one or twice 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Jack Antonoff and Taylor is an interesting duo. Together they come across as children who screech, laugh and make petty comments about anyone who’s wronged them.

I think the music videos are just a means to seed easter eggs now, which means the end result comes across as entirely random. ATW10MV was great because it delivered a video relevant to the song, which is what music videos used to be for :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10
Jack Antonoff and Taylor is an interesting duo. Together they come across as children who screech, laugh and make petty comments about anyone who’s wronged them.
This is why she needs to write with Aaron more and ditch jack for a while…I am not the biggest folklore/evermore fan but it’s some of her fest work lyrically

Reactions: 13
I loved her old music videos. Mine, our song, blank space etc. But like people have said they just aren't relevant now with the exception of ATW10.
I feel like we were robbed of a getaway car one though.

I think her older music videos really suited the songs they were written about, which is where she’s not hitting the mark for me now. Old school Taylor Swift MV are my faves - maybe it’s the nostalgia talking, but Love Story, Teardrops on my Guitar, You Belong With Me, Picture to Burn, even Our Song with the princessy blue silver dress and hair. Iconic. I also liked the simplicity of Back to December and White Horse. I think the last music video of hers I loved was Blank Space and Wildest Dreams.

Reactions: 6
Do you think she would ever do 'Id Lie' as a surprise song.

Just realised its on spotify as a podcast 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Okay, this is a fun question I think: which artist/songwriter would you love to see Taylor songwrite/compose with?

I'd love to see what she'd do with Dermot Kennedy or Dan Smith from Bastille.
My unpopular opinion is that all of her collabs aren’t that good and I’m never excited when she does one 😬 the best ones IMO are when she or the other person is minimal in the background e.g cowboy like me, TIWYCF. Though I do have a soft spot for EHC, I wouldn’t miss Ed if it was a solo song.

Reactions: 6
Might be a vault on debut? Hope so.
It better be ! It’s one of her more well known unreleased songs and has a bit of a cult following , I hope she’d recognise this and release it like she did with the 10 min version of all too well !

although we all wanted Let’s Go (Battle) on SNTV and she’s ignored that , so 🤷🏻‍♀️

personally I’d love Permanent Marker on Debut TV , and I Heart ? too

Reactions: 4
It better be ! It’s one of her more well known unreleased songs and has a bit of a cult following , I hope she’d recognise this and release it like she did with the 10 min version of all too well !

although we all wanted Let’s Go (Battle) on SNTV and she’s ignored that , so 🤷🏻‍♀️

personally I’d love Permanent Marker on Debut TV , and I Heart ? too
Yes to I Heart? 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My unpopular opinion is that all of her collabs aren’t that good and I’m never excited when she does one 😬 the best ones IMO are when she or the other person is minimal in the background e.g cowboy like me, TIWYCF. Though I do have a soft spot for EHC, I wouldn’t miss Ed if it was a solo song.
I didn't mean Collab tho. I specifically meant and wrote writing/composing a song together. Like she does with Aaron for example. There's no "feat. Aaron Dessner."
---
Might be a vault on debut? Hope so.
Manifesting this. I'd Lie is actually the first Taylor Swift song I ever heard and it made me an immediate fan.

Dark Blue Tennessee and Just South of Knowing Why have to be on debut, I want it to have the most vault songs! I wonder if Battle has a co-writer and that’s why it isn’t on Speak Now.

Reactions: 3
Dark Blue Tennessee and Just South of Knowing Why have to be on debut, I want it to have the most vault songs! I wonder if Battle has a co-writer and that’s why it isn’t on Speak Now.
I’m hoping debut comes with a whole additional albumms worth of vault songs, there’s so many good ones! Some of the ones I want the most:

- dark blue Tennessee
- just south of knowing why
- sweet tea and gods graces
- by the way
- I’d lie
- your face
- your anything
- I heart ?
- permanent marker
- beautiful eyes
- my cure
- never mind
- thirteen blocks
- writing songs about you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.