Taylor Swift #9 We did it, Joe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kelsea Ballerini or another female country artist for me. Dolly Parton as a wild card answer. Why not.

Reactions: 7
Off topic but karlie’s husband posted a ‘11 years together’ video of him and karlie… wonder what the Kaylors make of that 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I expect we'll hear from Ticketmaster Ireland again tomorrow? About whatever exactly that was 🤷‍♀️.

I know it's her, and I know it's 2023. Except I don't actually know anything I just think I know. But I have reasons for thinking what I think I know.

Reactions: 5
She does the 10 min version anyways, and I remain skeptical about the super long ovation. Maybe she did it once but I've had friends go to the Atlanta, East Rutherford, and Foxborough shows (not the same friend of course haha) and none of them mentioned a massive ovation. Maybe they have the concert amnesia thing.
There’s not a 5 or 7 minute ovation. I’d guess maybe 60 seconds, before she plays “The Man.”

Reactions: 2
I cannot explain what I would give to have Style TV ft Harry…imagine the internet if it happened

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Kelsea Ballerini or another female country artist for me. Dolly Parton as a wild card answer. Why not.
I’ve been manifesting Kelsea on a debut vault song for the longest time!
Personally I’d love to see her work with Brandi Carlile or Hozier.

Reactions: 11
I don’t even like that one!🙈 she tried to do way too much with it. It’s what turned me off the whole reputation era!
I like most of her videos, but I’m not a huge fan of the new Karma video. Some of the individual images and scenes are really cool, like her holding the lightbulb filaments, her in the hourglass, and her as a mountain range, but I feel like the video as a whole lacks cohesion and doesn’t tell a story. Or maybe I’m not smart enough to figure out what the story is. I would have liked to see some of those cool ideas developed a bit more. I think my favorite videos are Wildest Dreams and Blank Space. I also really like Ready For It?

Reactions: 8
I like most of her videos, but I’m not a huge fan of the new Karma video. Some of the individual images and scenes are really cool, like her holding the lightbulb filaments, her in the hourglass, and her as a mountain range, but I feel like the video as a whole lacks cohesion and doesn’t tell a story. Or maybe I’m not smart enough to figure out what the story is. I would have liked to see some of those cool ideas developed a bit more. I think my favorite videos are Wildest Dreams and Blank Space. I also really like Ready For It?
The Karma video seemed like a last minute rush to me, it’s like we need a video let’s stick you in front of a green screen and have you do the bare minimum

I’m curious about the dislike for her music videos, I haven’t ever really watched one and thought ‘that’s good or bad’
so I’m wondering what makes a video unlikeable?

Reactions: 12
I also really like Ready For It?
I LOVE this video. And the song. Look What You Made Me Do is my fave video. I thought it was so clever and it still holds up well today. Clearly a Rep girl, except for the abomination that is Gorgeous 😖 cannot stand that song!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I LOVE this video. And the song. Look What You Made Me Do is my fave video. I thought it was so clever and it still holds up well today. Clearly a Rep girl, except for the abomination that is Gorgeous 😖 cannot stand that song!
I love Rep too! And agree that Gorgeous is one of the weakest songs on that album. I totally agree that LWYMMD is a fantastic video. She completely took charge of the narrative with it. Just brilliant.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She’s sexy when choreographed sometimes, like the vigilante tit performance but in her natural state she is beautiful and goofy
I have to disagree on that 🫣 whenever I see clips of the vigilante tit performance I cringe. Just don’t think it works she’s very wooden at times

Reactions: 11
I was thinking of other female singers I’d want her to collab with and it’s actually quite difficult, like I love Sabrina carpenter but I think it would really shine a light on the fact Taylor isn’t the best singer. I’m not saying she’s bad but I think she has to be careful when choosing someone to collab with. Male voices work with hers, I think her and Hayley Williams will sound good together and I love her and phoebe bridgers voices together

Reactions: 9
I love Rep too! And agree that Gorgeous is one of the weakest songs on that album. I totally agree that LWYMMD is a fantastic video. She completely took charge of the narrative with it. Just brilliant.
I’m a rep girlie through and through and adore the music video’s especially LWYMMD…it was so clever 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know they’re marmite but I just love her videos with “bits” in - like to be fair I didn’t mind the anti hero video because it had that bit with her future kids . I love when her videos have some humour to them . The weird imagery / sexy videos are where she loses me - like Karma and Lavender Haze !

LWYMMD is the best video she’s done imo - the imagery is awesome , the bit with the multiple Taylors is clever and hilarious . The dancers in I Love TS t shirts , the grave for Nils Sjojberg (or however you spell it) … they’re the kind of things I like when it comes to Easter eggs … not dates in Roman numerals or counting the number of clouds 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In my opinion, the videos she directed weren’t that great. All too well 10 min video wasn’t ground breaking for me.

I believe she should leave that to the professionals. Blank space and look what you made me do were great! There was a good flow and cohesiveness there.

A good music video is not just about the storyline and Easter eggs. Hers are just that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know they’re marmite but I just love her videos with “bits” in - like to be fair I didn’t mind the anti hero video because it had that bit with her future kids . I love when her videos have some humour to them . The weird imagery / sexy videos are where she loses me - like Karma and Lavender Haze !

LWYMMD is the best video she’s done imo - the imagery is awesome , the bit with the multiple Taylors is clever and hilarious . The dancers in I Love TS t shirts , the grave for Nils Sjojberg (or however you spell it) … they’re the kind of things I like when it comes to Easter eggs … not dates in Roman numerals or counting the number of clouds 🤣
Her videos aren’t fun anymore 😭 the die hard swifties just go “OMG A DOG - A DOG BARKS - BARK IS PART OF TREE - SHE STOOD UNDER A TREE IN BLANK SPACE - 1989 CONFIRMED”

chill TF out

• Haha
Reactions: 24
In my opinion, the videos she directed weren’t that great. All too well 10 min video wasn’t ground breaking for me.

I believe she should leave that to the professionals. Blank space and look what you made me do were great! There was a good flow and cohesiveness there.

A good music video is not just about the storyline and Easter eggs. Hers are just that.
I think this is a good observation - I do love the Taylor Swift empire and what it represents for women - directed by, written by ,owned by ,performed by. However there is grace is knowing that you could work with a really cool and talented creator who is at the top of their craft and make something better for it. Same as the music creation and what we've said about Antonoff. If she wants to freshen up her career and keep it moving forward I think she'd really benefit from widening her net and not keeping it all 'created by Taylor'.
---
Her videos aren’t fun anymore 😭 the die hard swifties just go “OMG A DOG - A DOG BARKS - BARK IS PART OF TREE - SHE STOOD UNDER A TREE IN BLANK SPACE - 1989 CONFIRMED”

chill TF out
Also this made me LOL. 'TREE has fOuR lEtTeRs and there are 4.4 seconds left if you divide all the 1989 tracklist by 13 - WE'RE GET TV SOON SHE'S GOING TO ANNOUNCE IT IN FOUR DAYS GUYS\'\][////§§§'

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.