Taylor Swift #9 We did it, Joe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see where you're coming from @HotDawg. Like others have said previously, he has the same lived experience of life in the spotlight which has to bond them. Personally, I think he seems a fair creep (had no idea who he was until all this, mind) but where she's so uptight and in control, he seems loose (quite a few screws by the looks of it) but also not intimidated by her.

I wonder too if him being this erratic, rock and roll larrikin is what she thinks she needs after lovely but stable, boring Joe. She appears to want a man who will make public declarations of love. Someone who loves as passionately back as she does.

Just my random ponderings 🤔

Reactions: 5
My controversial opinion is that she completely lacks any sex appeal. I find her dancing extremely cringe and it’s not really very effortless with her. It’s quite the opposite really. What makes it worse for me is that you can tell she clearly thinks she’s the hottest thing on earth, with the strutting and leaning forward. She’s learnt to move a lot better than she did in the early days but yeah…not even just her dancing but her as a person. I’ve always found it difficult to see her as a hottie 🙈 sorry y’all

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Don't worry about what some music bro thinks about her, she has a ton of awards and is easily the most popular working artist today.
The language use here comes off as a bit aggressive/dismissive but this is really it - she’s successful and that’s what matters. A lot of views on music, including the lyrics themselves, are going to be subjective

I don’t necessarily think there has to be a song writer ranking that everyone keeps and I totally look at some songs and think “that’s so smart” but at the same time there’s plenty of other artists that I listen to that I think of the same way

Reactions: 1
Yeah she's just dorky in my book, not sexy. Attractive, yes, but her trying to be sexy is cringe.

Reactions: 16
What makes it worse for me is that you can tell she clearly thinks she’s the hottest thing on earth,
I really really dislike the Champagne Problems ovation part where she looks all smug and drives the crowd on even if they die down. Apparently some of the ovations last up to 7 minutes

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I really really dislike the Champagne Problems ovation part where she looks all smug and drives the crowd on even if they die down. Apparently some of the ovations last up to 7 minutes
Is there footage of the full 7 minute ovation? Or even 5 minute? Cause honestly with a 3+ hour show I doubt it'd be that long. I'm sure it feels that way tho 🤣

On the opinion that she's not sexy, I agree. I think she's absolutely beautiful. Especially in her Midnights era, the hair and the makeup and the clothes have really suited her. The bob in 1989 was also very cute on her. But sexy she's not. But at least she's improved her dancing.

Reactions: 12
She’s sexy when choreographed sometimes, like the vigilante tit performance but in her natural state she is beautiful and goofy

• Heart
she reminds me of a real life hannah Montana minus hiding the secret identity lol I think shes at 33 everything disney wanted Miley Cyrus to be

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She kind of reminds me of Goldie Hawn a bit in that she is beautiful and goofy and natural. I think Taylor is great at comedy in any skits I've seen her in.

My controversial opinion is that she completely lacks any sex appeal. I find her dancing extremely cringe and it’s not really very effortless with her. It’s quite the opposite really. What makes it worse for me is that you can tell she clearly thinks she’s the hottest thing on earth, with the strutting and leaning forward.
This has me 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I agree. it’s very ‘put on’ and I can see right through it. All she has is height. Other than that, I would personally never call her sexy.

Reactions: 4
The language use here comes off as a bit aggressive/dismissive but this is really it - she’s successful and that’s what matters. A lot of views on music, including the lyrics themselves, are going to be subjective

I don’t necessarily think there has to be a song writer ranking that everyone keeps and I totally look at some songs and think “that’s so smart” but at the same time there’s plenty of other artists that I listen to that I think of the same way
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as aggressive.

I think she's a beautiful woman but you either have sex appeal or you don't. And physical looks often have very little to do with sex appeal.

I don’t think she’s commercially trying to be sexy though? Like her target market is women. So I don’t think she’s women’s idea of sexy necessarily but I do think a lot of men would find her sexy. She’s a tall pretty blonde, and she’s certainly not struggled to land a man.

I do think she’s upped her sex appeal and that she looks sexy during the vigilante tit part of the show. Enough that I was a bit shocked by the dance 😂

men deffo find her sexy, theres hundreds of subreddits dedicated to her legs and stuff/men being creepy because she's tall and feeds into their giant fetish :sick::sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Is there footage of the full 7 minute ovation? Or even 5 minute? Cause honestly with a 3+ hour show I doubt it'd be that long. I'm sure it feels that way tho 🤣
Can't remember if it was a Reddit or Twitter thread I read but there has apparently been a 7 min ovation, most now being between 3 and 5 mins. Which is insane, you could fit another song into that or do something that's at least interesting. I find her acting to be grateful to be very fake acting, might go into the whole dancing not being effortless for her stuff as I think that is also partially of the pop star act she has to put on at least partially

My other controversial opinion is that I just don't find her street fashion to be very appealing. Most of the time it doesn't seem to work with her body well or the pieces are not matched well (at least imo)

Reactions: 3
She’s sexy when choreographed sometimes, like the vigilante tit performance but in her natural state she is beautiful and goofy
I agree with this. She can be sexy, but it’s not her natural state.
edit—and it’s an excellent point that she’s not trying to be sexy most of the time, because her target market is women, and her brand is that she’s our “friend”/parasocial friendship. So perhaps it’s a conscious choice not to portray herself as sexy to her fans, except when she’s channeling that kind of vibe for a specific video, performance, etc.

Reactions: 7
I agree with this. She can be sexy, but it’s not her natural state.
edit—and it’s an excellent point that she’s not trying to be sexy most of the time, because her target market is women, and her brand is that she’s our “friend”/parasocial friendship. So perhaps it’s a conscious choice not to portray herself as sexy to her fans, except when she’s channeling that kind of vibe for a specific video, performance, etc.
I think Andrea wouldn’t allow her to be sexy on stage in the past, that’s one reason the vigilante tit performance was so surprising.

I love that she's beautiful but not sexy. Too many female artists are over sexualised and it sends such an awful message to young girls.

Lots of men/women fancy her though because she is beautiful in a very classic way.

Reactions: 17
I don’t think she’s commercially trying to be sexy though? Like her target market is women. So I don’t think she’s women’s idea of sexy necessarily but I do think a lot of men would find her sexy. She’s a tall pretty blonde, and she’s certainly not struggled to land a man.

I do think she’s upped her sex appeal and that she looks sexy during the vigilante tit part of the show. Enough that I was a bit shocked by the dance 😂
Personally I love her music but don’t find her sexy in the slightest. She’s beautiful in a different way, pretty face nice long legs, slim figure. But she’s not got a bum at all, & as already mentioned all the moves she does on stage look un natural & couldn’t be less sexy in my opinion. This is just speculation but I can imagine her being quite the prude, very vanilla in the bedroom, which there’s nothing wrong with of course.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone here watched the chicken shop date with matty healy? It’s so bad. He pushes Amelia into kissing him even though she really doesn’t want to!

ETA: Also another vote for Taylor is dorky not sexy 🤓 She should stick to what’s natural no one asked for this.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
I love that she's beautiful but not sexy. Too many female artists are over sexualised and it sends such an awful message to young girls.

Lots of men/women fancy her though because she is beautiful in a very classic way.
I agree, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to appear sexy but it’s refreshing to have such a popular musician whose brand isn’t focused around that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.