Taylor Swift #9 We did it, Joe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My unpopular opinion is more about the die hard swifties who gate keep everything. I was a fan of Taylor for like her first 3 albums, and then went through a hard emo phase where I didn’t think it was cool to like Taylor (sue my 14 year old self), and only recently started relistening after Evermore.

People that think you must know ever abbreviated song title, all the lyrics, and be obsessive about knowing her life to be a fan really put me off Tay as an artist.
I’m a late swiftie I came in around the 1989 era just as all the crap with Kanye was kicking off. I love her but same time that girl needs help. I will never defend her just because I’m a fan. Think the true fans are the ones who call her out

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m a late swiftie I came in around the 1989 era just as all the crap with Kanye was kicking off. I love her but same time that girl needs help. I will never defend her just because I’m a fan. Think the true fans are the ones who call her out
I'm lateish too. Wasn't a country kinda girl. Really liked the red singles but didn't properly listen until 1989 (thought she was singing songs written FOR her).

I do defend her a lot but I think that's partly because I think she gets blamed for a lot of things that aren't her responsibility as such (I would hate to constantly get flack for working with other people who are seen as controversial, I get that there's an element of choice there too though). I also feel very sorry for her because I'm older and I know the joys of an uncomplicated life. The life I have is a lot less glamorous than the one I pictured for myself when younger, but I'm probably happier than I would have been.

I have seen this a few times on TikTok (not English speaking accounts) but think it's bollocks. Doesn't exactly help the whole football season thing.

Screenshot_20230608-082425.png

Reactions: 2
Yeah I doubt those dates are going to be accurate. I can’t see that she’ll do 5 London dates. 2 maximum I think. Also… the ones for Eithad would be depend on when Man City are playing

I don’t think the 1975 would be anyone’s support. I think they turned down being a support act before and they’re meant to be extending their own tour.. Someone’s probably just included that because her and Matty were hooking up.

I think if she does Europe Itll be May-July next year

Reactions: 7
Yeah I doubt those dates are going to be accurate. I can’t see that she’ll do 5 London dates. 2 maximum I think. Also… the ones for Eithad would be depend on when Man City are playing

I don’t think the 1975 would be anyone’s support. I think they turned down being a support act before and they’re meant to be extending their own tour.. Someone’s probably just included that because her and Matty were hooking up.

I think if she does Europe Itll be May-July next year
She did two (sold out) London dates for rep, so I can see 3-4 easily being a possibility because she’s so much more popular now.
I think for red she did about five London shows! It was at O2 arena though

Reactions: 8
My unpopular opinions:
  • I genuinley like Midnights. I see its flaws, there are tracks I skip, but I genuinely enjoy listening to it
  • I haven't listened to any of her albums in full pre-1989. I'll get to the TVs eventually but I just don't like country music 😶
  • I also don't think Taylor was a particularly good singer early in her career (she's improved so much, especially as a live singer, much kudos to her for that)
  • Evermore > Folklore
  • Evermore + Folklore > Debut + Fearless
  • The Rep aesthetic is my favourite (its the elder emo in me 😂)

Reactions: 14
My unpopular opinions:
  • I genuinley like Midnights. I see its flaws, there are tracks I skip, but I genuinely enjoy listening to it
  • I haven't listened to any of her albums in full pre-1989. I'll get to the TVs eventually but I just don't like country music 😶
  • I also don't think Taylor was a particularly good singer early in her career (she's improved so much, especially as a live singer, much kudos to her for that)
  • Evermore > Folklore
  • Evermore + Folklore > Debut + Fearless
  • The Rep aesthetic is my favourite (its the elder emo in me 😂)
Other than her first album, I don’t think her music is very country. The odd song here and there maybe, but my unpopular opinion is that she’s been making pop music since speak now.

Reactions: 10
Other than her first album, I don’t think her music is very country. The odd song here and there maybe, but my unpopular opinion is that she’s been making pop music since speak now.
I'd call it commercial country, which is pretty much indistinguishable from pop music apart from the twang

Actually my unpopular opinion should have been that I think the fake Southern accent Taylor did for the first part of her career was incredibly cringe and I'm extremely glad she dropped it

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My controversial opinion is that I really don’t see her as some sort of genius songwriter. I think a lot of her songs are relatable (and let’s be real it’s hard not to be relatable when the majority of them are about relationships) and she can convey certain experiences through words well… but that hardly makes her a genius at what she does 🤐

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My I refuse to believe is an unpopular opinion is for the most part I HATE the abbreviations 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m assuming it’s a sorry for him being the support act? The 1975 had a cancellation so matty opened
Or to his fans for what we’ve had to go through the last few weeks 😂
I highly doubt it’s a public apology to Taylor.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Or to his fans for what we’ve had to go through the last few weeks 😂
I highly doubt it’s a public apology to Taylor.
I dunno. I suspect he actually (thinks he) is in love with her.

Even the comments years back about how it would be emasculating to be her boyfriend screams typical negging to me.

I think this is why she immediately went in his direction. Joe didn't love her enough so maybe Matty would (ignoring the fact that she probably didn't have feelings for him and he was a bit lot grim).

Reactions: 9

I cannot COPE with this reach, the CURTAINS!!!! (I don’t know how to share these things so sorry in advance 🤣)

also that video on Matty, if directed at Taylor, gives me the ick. Get a grip pal, you’re in your 30s, not a sad emo 18 year old!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My controversial opinion is that I really don’t see her as some sort of genius songwriter. I think a lot of her songs are relatable (and let’s be real it’s hard not to be relatable when the majority of them are about relationships) and she can convey certain experiences through words well… but that hardly makes her a genius at what she does 🤐
I wanna agree and disagree with this. On one part I agree but I also think when she writes with Aaron that’s when she has produced some of her best work.

I cannot COPE with this reach, the CURTAINS!!!! (I don’t know how to share these things so sorry in advance 🤣)

also that video on Matty, if directed at Taylor, gives me the ick. Get a grip pal, you’re in your 30s, not a sad emo 18 year old!!!
I immediately thought curtains was gonna be some Gaylor reach.
---
I'm gonna have to disagree here. A lot of people have written great songs. It's not THAT hard, obviously. But she has written so many great songs that it's not a coincidence. Her songwriting has an imprint that is obvious through all of her work.

I'll ask this question... Who do you consider to be a better song writer than her? I'll maybe give you Mozart, but he wasn't a lyrics guy, lol.
---
The spray painting happened in Dublin. Their support act was ill and cancelled so Matty played by himself instead.
Screenshot_20230608-115102~2.png

The set list of what he played is very interesting though...
Screenshot_20230608-115030~2.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think she's an excellent song writer but the Shakespeare comparisons and insistence she's "underrated" by some people make me wince. Like @Tiggerhappy said there are countless great songs out there, many that won't even be heard by the general public, I don't think Taylor is a once in a lifetime talent. (But I'll re-insist that she is excellent!)

Don't worry about what some music bro thinks about her, she has a ton of awards and is easily the most popular working artist today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
My controversial opinion about Taylor’s personal life is that I think she and MH are probably well suited. I can’t really explain it but I reckon they probably do work well in a relationship. Obviously I don’t know either of them but I’m going off some vibes. For what it’s worth, I don’t like him but I can kinda imagine they’d be happy together.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.