Taylor Swift #8 This thread is about you. You know who you are. I love you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With the caveats that I don't know her and never will, I'm not psychic etc... I don't think she will ever have kids because she loves her art and performing for massive crowds more. I may very well be proven wrong but it's just the impression I get.
I think having kids in her situation would be difficult to navigate. They would never have normal lives.

Reactions: 7
'Give you my wild, give you a child
Give you the silence that only comes when two people understand each other'

This to me says I dont really want to but I would. On the children front.

Also lol at the second part, when Youre losing me is you dont understand me.

I havent actually posted since listening to it. It made me feel a bit ick tbh. I gave you everything, and you were indifferent to me. As Ive said before she is deeply insecure. Her love language is definitely words of affirmation. Its clear it is when she is constantly striving for more awards and accolades.

It strikes me that she perceives the relationship was dying when maybe it was just out of the honeymoon phase?

I am all for if a relationship isnt giving you what you need then dont stay in it but I truly believe dating Tay Tay would be hard work. Thats not me being misogynistic but she is not easy going. She is highly strung.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I agree with those saying she seems to be too focused on her work to want kids right now but then at the same time she clearly has a certain view idealistic (but very messy view) of how relationships should be/progress and I think marrying and having kids is very much part of that

I always find it a bit funny when people say that x or y shouldn't be speculated about, especially on gossip forums. She has that Apple playlist that hasn't been updated since 2020 and includes Halsey's song More which is about miscarriages she experienced

It strikes me that she perceives the relationship was dying when maybe it was just out of the honeymoon phase?
I always had the impression that she enjoys the honeymoon phase and the possibly rocky rollercoaster phase that comes after the honeymoon phase in relationships and views that as "love" rather than wanting something stable... very teenager type of stuff

Reactions: 12
It made me feel a bit ick tbh. I gave you everything, and you were indifferent to me. As Ive said before she is deeply insecure. Her love language is definitely words of affirmation. Its clear it is when she is constantly striving for more awards and accolades.

I think she says that she did give everything but I hear some self reflection in that song. She repeats that she was trying to tell him in her body language and actions and references that she did everything but actually say the words about how she feels.

There are other songs where she details her short comings in her relationship (The Archer and Afterglow).

That said, I do agree with others that she is not mature at all. She very much is frozen in time from when she became famous and that must be hard to live with in terms of being in a relationship with her.

Reactions: 11

I am all for if a relationship isnt giving you what you need then dont stay in it but I truly believe dating Tay Tay would be hard work. Thats not me being misogynistic but she is not easy going. She is highly strung.
I think you are so spot on here.

All relationships become ordinary at some point but there is a beauty in that too. I think she is constantly chasing something and I'm not sure she knows what. I can imagine her becoming bored and seeking reassurance from Joe via flirtations with others that he eventually just got tired of.

The lyrics from Bejeweled always stuck out to me and I know they weren’t necessarily about Joe (although I do feel in at least part they were) "And when I meet the band
They ask, "Do you have a man?"
I can still say, "I don't remember"". They stuck me as kinda manipulative, threatening and immature even on my first listen months ago before this break up. I love the song but I distinctly did not like those lines!!

She would no doubt benefit from therapy (like every single person on the planet) to understand herself more.

Reactions: 20
I think she says that she did give everything but I hear some self reflection in that song. She repeats that she was trying to tell him in her body language and actions and references that she did everything but actually say the words about how she feels.

There are other songs where she details her short comings in her relationship (The Archer and Afterglow).

That said, I do agree with others that she is not mature at all. She very much is frozen in time from when she became famous and that must be hard to live with in terms of being in a relationship with her.
See, that's the thing. She could definitely be accused of playing the victim in YLM but it's the first definitely-about-Joe song where she's really been critical of him at all (false god maybe, but even then not even). She's self-critical in a lot of other songs about him (those you mentioned plus daylight, me!, Lover, peace, the great war, end game etc). It's maybe a case of the analogy in Tolerate It - use my best colours for your portrait.

I get that she does 'play the victim' in a lot of other other break up songs, but we don't know how much of that is true. She could well have been the victim 100%. There are a lot of crappy men out there.

Reactions: 3
See, that's the thing. She could definitely be accused of playing the victim in YLM but it's the first definitely-about-Joe song where she's really been critical of him at all (false god maybe, but even then not even). She's self-critical in a lot of other songs about him (those you mentioned plus daylight, me!, Lover, peace, the great war, end game etc). It's maybe a case of the analogy in Tolerate It - use my best colours for your portrait.

I get that she does 'play the victim' in a lot of other other break up songs, but we don't know how much of that is true. She could well have been the victim 100%. There are a lot of crappy men out there.
Yes, that’s a very interesting take that I hadn’t considered. It is the first time she has been (openly) critical of him; she had him on a pedestal throughout their relationship. That wasn’t healthy.

I see the song detailing a relationship falling apart and poor communication but I’m aware I could be projecting my own experience of relationships.

Reactions: 10
I think it’s out of respect of not speculating on such a thing. A friend of hers who is quite open about the miscarriage she had has also referenced the song, suggesting it may be have been written for her
I've said before that I've had miscarriages (looong time ago). They are horribly common but seem to affect some women moreso than others (my mum and eldest sister both had 2 also). I was lucky to be pregnant again twice before either of those pregnancies would have been full term. My first miscarriage was my first pregnancy, which definitely made it worse because I didn't know if this was going to happen again and again. Thankfully I never had recurring MC because it genuinely would have broken me.

I very much felt at the time that mc was treated like a dirty little secret, which honestly doesn't do much to stop women blaming themselves. I had no issue talking about it or telling people who made comments asking if we were thinking about having kids etc. I also felt so bad because I realised how little I understood about what my sister had gone through before me. You don't know until you know, unfortunately.

I know Taylor does sometimes write songs from other peoples perspectives, but I firmly believe that's not the case with BTTWS. It's too spot on. The song exists. Not that it needs headlines in newspapers but I don't think it's wrong to discuss what it's very likely to be about. I know it makes a lot of other posters uncomfortable though.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think you are so spot on here.

All relationships become ordinary at some point but there is a beauty in that too. I think she is constantly chasing something and I'm not sure she knows what. I can imagine her becoming bored and seeking reassurance from Joe via flirtations with others that he eventually just got tired of.

The lyrics from Bejeweled always stuck out to me and I know they weren’t necessarily about Joe (although I do feel in at least part they were) "And when I meet the band
They ask, "Do you have a man?"
I can still say, "I don't remember"". They stuck me as kinda manipulative, threatening and immature even on my first listen months ago before this break up. I love the song but I distinctly did not like those lines!!

She would no doubt benefit from therapy (like every single person on the planet) to understand herself more.
I’ve been listening to Taylor at lot at the gym since the tour started where my mind kinda wanders and I’ve been pondering that myself lately…that she couldn’t handle the relationship being out of the honeymoon phase, but also wondering if through her song writing that she built Joe up to be something he actually wasn’t and then she was left disappointed?

This whole thing is going to give her a ton of new content for albums to come versus continuing to write love songs about Joe. I wouldn’t be surprised if she self-sabotaged a bit for the songwriting inspo.

Can’t see her having kids soon, she will 100% tour internationally. The only thing that will stop that is her moms health, which seems to be good, thankfully. But I wouldn’t be surprised by an engagement or quickly wedding to Ratty. She is the definition of dickmatized at the moment.

Reactions: 12
Yes, that’s a very interesting take that I hadn’t considered. It is the first time she has been (openly) critical of him; she had him on a pedestal throughout their relationship. That wasn’t healthy.

I see the song detailing a relationship falling apart and poor communication but I’m aware I could be projecting my own experience of relationships.
I forgot the parts where she's called him poor and depressed, in fairness. But that's not criticism. It's sympathy.

A friend that works with one of Mexico's big concert venues claims Taylor is going to Mexico City in August but I feel like tickets should be out by now in that case?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A friend that works with one of Mexico's big concert venues claims Taylor is going to Mexico City in August but I feel like tickets should be out by now in that case?
This is making that weekend in croke park more likely...

Tickets will take 5 mins to sell. No rush. Think of how quickly football matches sell out.

Reactions: 4
I've said before that I've had miscarriages (looong time ago). They are horribly common but seem to affect some women moreso than others (my mum and eldest sister both had 2 also). I was lucky to be pregnant again twice before either of those pregnancies would have been full term. My first miscarriage was my first pregnancy, which definitely made it worse because I didn't know if this was going to happen again and again. Thankfully I never had recurring MC because it genuinely would have broken me.

I very much felt at the time that mc was treated like a dirty little secret, which honestly doesn't do much to stop women blaming themselves. I had no issue talking about it or telling people who made comments asking if we were thinking about having kids etc. I also felt so bad because I realised how little I understood about what my sister had gone through before me. You don't know until you know, unfortunately.

I know Taylor does sometimes write songs from other peoples perspectives, but I firmly believe that's not the case with BTTWS. It's too spot on. The song exists. Not that it needs headlines in newspapers but I don't think it's wrong to discuss what it's very likely to be about. I know it makes a lot of other posters uncomfortable though.
I definitely agree, I think it’s something that so many women go through and it should be talked about more. I’m sorry you experienced that ❤
I think the reason it’s a grey area is because she’s never publicly spoken about it, and it’s a deeply personal thing that some women feel comfortable talking about, and some don’t.
I personally would rather not use it as a gossip point, out of respect for her privacy (especially in regards to how it may have played into the breakdown of her relationship), however I can see why some people would see it differently.

Reactions: 6
This is making that weekend in croke park more likely...

Tickets will take 5 mins to sell. No rush. Think of how quickly football matches sell out.
Oh absolutely, I don't doubt the tickets will sell even if the concert is announced with a week left to go, but I meant more in terms of standard wait times between ticket sales and concert dates.

So maybe there will be international dates announced soon. I'm keeping a skeptic but hopeful outlook on the Mexico news cause she's never been and my friend has accurately told me when Billie Eilish and others have booked but I'll believe it when I see it.

Fingers crossed for all you Europe and UK and Australia Swifties!!

Reactions: 5
I read online that artists are taking longer to announce dates in areas like Mexico because the exchange rate is so bad that they could end up losing money/incurring more costs if they announced it too far in advance? Not sure how true!

I am still standing by her doing South America and Australia before she comes to the UK/Europe

I am still standing by her doing South America and Australia before she comes to the UK/Europe
I’m sure there was something recently about her team negotiating a booking in Australia for summer

There’s also this rumour (unsure if it’s been debunked yet tho):

Reactions: 2
I’m sure there was something recently about her team negotiating a booking in Australia for summer

There’s also this rumour (unsure if it’s been debunked yet tho):
I can’t see her doing arenas in Europe but maybe she isn’t so certain of her popularity there? If I’m correct she’s only done stadiums in North America, UK and Oceania?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.