Taylor Swift #8 This thread is about you. You know who you are. I love you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my mind Joe wouldn’t commit unless she stopped working and wanted to start a family and he be the typical breadwinner and Tay just didn’t want that. I think she probably does want a family but I don’t think she’s ready to quit everything to do that (not saying she should, more that that was Joes want). Again, completely fabricated in my mind 🤣

Reactions: 5
Is there anyone other than the blind hardcore Swifties that actually believes You're Losing Me is a Midnights vault track? It's so obviously written in the past two months max. It probably does include things she felt and thought months ago, but no way was it written then. It's got the rawness of heartbreak and while it's supposed to be about that point pre-breakup where you're not yet broken up but headed there, she made it sound too final. Like she knew they'd break up, "my heart won't start anymore for you". Yet when tour started she was still singing Invisible String and by most accounts, she thought it was a break. And then the way she's acting now? Really not the way someone who's out of a breakup they'd decided on long ago acts.

i still think she was dumped and this, like the Ice Spice thing, is her way to control the narrative. She always has to win and have the last word.

I wonder if she thinks that therapy would ruin her gift. Because Blondie needs therapy. She does seem to realize or at least acknowledge some of her negative patterns but it's like only when she's happy and stable can she actually see them but still not do anything to break out from the patterns. Otherwise she's like, sure I'm a pathological people pleaser but I'm also the best thing at this party. Her ego comes swinging.
---
Also, really hope that by July she's done with the Karma Remix. Cause I'd be upset if she does that instead of OG Karma. The remix is just bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
although she's not on the list of artists for the barbie movie soundtrack, i was expecting hits different to be included with the kens lyric? feels like the perfect time to release 1989 tv with the pop sound and have a few 'vault' tracks that are really barbiecore (?) too.

Reactions: 8
although she's not on the list of artists for the barbie movie soundtrack, i was expecting hits different to be included with the kens lyric? feels like the perfect time to release 1989 tv with the pop sound and have a few 'vault' tracks that are really barbiecore (?) too.
The promo I saw for it implied more names would be released, and I had the same train of thought.

Reactions: 4
Going off topic but I've been trying to avoid seeing too many clips of the tour as I want it to be more of a suprise when I (hopefully) finally see it in the UK. The people who went on opening night had it best, must have been amazing not knowing what to expect of set list/stage set up etc.

Listening to Hits Different and the line "Moving on was always easy for me to do" really makes me laugh coming from Taylor. It is not something I think of when it comes to her 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Going off topic but I've been trying to avoid seeing too many clips of the tour as I want it to be more of a suprise when I (hopefully) finally see it in the UK. The people who went on opening night had it best, must have been amazing not knowing what to expect of set list/stage set up etc.

Listening to Hits Different and the line "Moving on was always easy for me to do" really makes me laugh coming from Taylor. It is not something I think of when it comes to her 😂
I think she's referring to the previous 2 relationships. Not Gyllenhaal, Styles, Jonas or Mayer.

Reactions: 3
I think if she tours internationally some of the secret songs will become set songs and she’ll make some of the set songs secret songs

Reactions: 7
That whole Ice Spice speech is lies. I don't believe a word of it.

She's done this for one very obvious reason.

She thinks her fans are stupid. This is a real low and I think really shows the sort of person she is.

Also Joe looked amazing at that private dinner thing on Thursday....

Reactions: 16
Is there anyone other than the blind hardcore Swifties that actually believes You're Losing Me is a Midnights vault track? It's so obviously written in the past two months max. It probably does include things she felt and thought months ago, but no way was it written then. It's got the rawness of heartbreak and while it's supposed to be about that point pre-breakup where you're not yet broken up but headed there, she made it sound too final. Like she knew they'd break up, "my heart won't start anymore for you". Yet when tour started she was still singing Invisible String and by most accounts, she thought it was a break. And then the way she's acting now? Really not the way someone who's out of a breakup they'd decided on long ago acts.

i still think she was dumped and this, like the Ice Spice thing, is her way to control the narrative. She always has to win and have the last word.

I wonder if she thinks that therapy would ruin her gift. Because Blondie needs therapy. She does seem to realize or at least acknowledge some of her negative patterns but it's like only when she's happy and stable can she actually see them but still not do anything to break out from the patterns. Otherwise she's like, sure I'm a pathological people pleaser but I'm also the best thing at this party. Her ego comes swinging.
---
Also, really hope that by July she's done with the Karma Remix. Cause I'd be upset if she does that instead of OG Karma. The remix is just bad.
I defo think it was recorded post break up. But it wouldn’t surprise me if some lyrics were written when they were going through it, because she keeps lyrics for ages sometimes.

I also find the concept of midnights interesting now because she decided to write about the past rather than her recent experiences. Maybe because her recent experiences were her and Joe falling apart and obviously couldn’t release an album about that.

cant remember where i saw this - maybe twitter - but the karma ft ice spice trademark was apparently filed months ago (jan or feb iirc) so before the split announcement and before all the tit w matty

• Wow
cant remember where i saw this - maybe twitter - but the karma ft ice spice trademark was apparently filed months ago (jan or feb iirc) so before the split announcement and before all the tit w matty
She knew what Matty had said though so still preemptive damage control.
I think I saw copywrite was in April

It wasn’t Matty that said it, he didn’t say anything about Ice Spice, the podcast hosts did
I refuse to listen to the podcast but per the WashPo, he laughed as the two hosts called her fat Chinese lady, Inuit Spice Girl, and put on derogatory fake accents "imitating" her. And then they asked if they were accurate and he basically said yes, that's what she's like. So it's hardly exculpatory to say he didn't say those things. He might as well have.

It's insane to me how people continue to defend him. Like yeah, free speech, he can say whatever, he can claim it was satire,
but then people can rightfully criticize him and call him a racist. And there's nothing to defend him for on that point.

I really wish we could go back to the days when Matty Healy wasn't a part of this thread but alas.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
That whole Ice Spice speech is lies. I don't believe a word of it.

She's done this for one very obvious reason.

She thinks her fans are stupid. This is a real low and I think really shows the sort of person she is.

Also Joe looked amazing at that private dinner thing on Thursday....
I don’t think she could possibly have pulled off this so quickly. Releasing a new song takes time with all the other work that goes into it.
It may well be that she’s been dating Matty for much longer than we know though.

Sorry I love Taylor but the marriage line in You’re Losing Me gives me mad “nice guys” vibes when you reject them and they’re all like “of course you don’t want to be with me, I’m so disgusting you deserve so much better” and then later call you the most grotesque thing you’ve ever heard because you rejected them 🤣 🤣

Reactions: 19
I refuse to listen to the podcast but per the WashPo, he laughed as the two hosts called her fat Chinese lady, Inuit Spice Girl, and put on derogatory fake accents "imitating" her. And then they asked if they were accurate and he basically said yes, that's what she's like. So it's hardly exculpatory to say he didn't say those things. He might as well have.

It's insane to me how people continue to defend him. Like yeah, free speech, he can say whatever, he can claim it was satire,
but then people can rightfully criticize him and call him a racist. And there's nothing to defend him for on that point.

I really wish we could go back to the days when Matty Healy wasn't a part of this thread but alas.
I’m not defending him, I’ve already commented twice about how I think he’s problematic.

I was just correcting the poster, because it wasn’t him that said it. I also said in my last post that he laughed at what was said and that that was basically condoning it.

I don’t think she could possibly have pulled off this so quickly. Releasing a new song takes time with all the other work that goes into it.
It may well be that she’s been dating Matty for much longer than we know though.
The collab may have been planned for a while and been ready to go but the timing was picked for now specifically for obvious reasons

I find it hard to believe that she would have made this the version with a MV in normal circumstances tbh

Reactions: 8
The collab may have been planned for a while and been ready to go but the timing was picked for now specifically for obvious reasons

I find it hard to believe that she would have made this the version with a MV in normal circumstances tbh
Oh I’m not saying the timing wasn’t planned for a reason. I’m just seeing a lot of people suggesting this plan was super quickly pulled together as a response to the online backlash but that is not physically possible.
---
Sorry I love Taylor but the marriage line in You’re Losing Me gives me mad “nice guys” vibes when you reject them and they’re all like “of course you don’t want to be with me, I’m so disgusting you deserve so much better” and then later call you the most grotesque thing you’ve ever heard because you rejected them 🤣 🤣
And then they quickly meet someone else and marry her straight away. 🤨

• Haha
Its not the collab I'm calling out but the completely over the top speech where she claims she has never met anyone like Ice Spice, that throughout her tour preparations she listened almost exclusively to Ice Spice songs, that it was her dream when Ice Spice asked to collaborate (when its not really a collab at all). That's fake as he'll.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.