Taylor Swift #5 all fans wanted were tour tix, not another anti-hero remix.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the Live in Paris videos is what made me really appreciate Lover. Those versions of Cornelia Street and DBATC are stunning. I'm not a huge fan of original Lover though. I do really like the titular song though.

Reactions: 2
Reputation as the worst album when Lover exists 🙊 nooooo.

I seem to dislike the same songs as most others

Shake it off
Bad blood
Stay stay stay
LWYMMD

There is not a skip for me on Folklore or Evermore. Justice for August and Betty, I am shooketh there are people who dont like them.
Lover is my favourite album!! I don’t have a least favourite, I could find ones by other artists but TS’s are all great in their own way and really are an era. The great thing is we all associate each album with a particular time in our life. Oddly, when Me! came out I was in a relationship and I have fond memories of constantly scrolling radio stations with my ex trying to find it on the radio. By the time Lover came out we’d broke up, and Cruel Summer was my go to screaming bridge! Which is odd as Lover is obviously about Joe and falling for him.

Reactions: 3
When people say they don’t like Taylor Swift and then say how annoying shake it off it’s I’m always like I KNOW but come back again after listening to folklore in full 🤣

Reactions: 9
Lover is my favourite album!! I don’t have a least favourite, I could find ones by other artists but TS’s are all great in their own way and really are an era. The great thing is we all associate each album with a particular time in our life. Oddly, when Me! came out I was in a relationship and I have fond memories of constantly scrolling radio stations with my ex trying to find it on the radio. By the time Lover came out we’d broke up, and Cruel Summer was my go to screaming bridge! Which is odd as Lover is obviously about Joe and falling for him.
I'm a misery guts. I dont want happy, bubblegum Taylor. I want angst, depressed, sorrowful, meaningful Taylor. 🙊 hence my favourite albums I guess.

I love whimsical and folksy and heartbreak. I really like Debut where I know people dont.

Lover was just a bit to saccharine for me. With the exception of Cruel Summer and DBATC. So many of the other songs on there are just not of the quality I came to expect from her. Just my opinion though not to say I dont think others should like it. ME!, The Man, London Boy, YNTCD, IFTYE, INTHAF. All skips for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm a misery guts. I dont want happy, bubblegum Taylor. I want angst, depressed, sorrowful, meaningful Taylor. 🙊 hence my favourite albums I guess.

I love whimsical and folksy and heartbreak. I really like Debut where I know people dont.

Lover was just a bit to saccharine for me. With the exception of Cruel Summer and DBATC. So many of the other songs on there are just not of the quality I came to expect from her. Just my opinion though not to say I dont think others should like it. ME!, The Man, London Boy, YNTCD, IFTYE, INTHAF. All skips for me.
I prefer the angsty folksy stuff too and the really hearty/ lovey dovey stuff and not so much the dance/ pop stuff although do have exceptions. I keep listening to Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince atm even though it was never on my radar before.

I prefer the angsty folksy stuff too and the really hearty/ lovey dovey stuff and not so much the dance/ pop stuff although do have exceptions. I keep listening to Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince atm even though it was never on my radar before.
Id say 1989 and Lover are my least listened to. Then probably Midnight and Rep. My most listened to are Red and Evermore. Then Folklore. Then my in the middles are Speak Now, Debut and Fearless.

Reactions: 5
Id say 1989 and Lover are my least listened to. Then probably Midnight and Rep. My most listened to are Red and Evermore. Then Folklore. Then my in the middles are Speak Now, Debut and Fearless.
Yeah I rarely listen to Midnight, Rep and Lover in full and just the same songs I love from there on repeat, whereas the others I listen to in full. Folklore is definitely my most played, followed by Red (but I skip all the pop singles and anything with Ed Sheeran🤣)

Reactions: 2
I went through a huge phase of really not liking I Knew You Were Trouble but then it was the surprise song at Etihad when I saw rep tour and now it just takes me back to dancing with my friends and it just feels nostalgic to me.

I know lots of people love it but I cannot stand Wonderland, no idea what it is. Same for cowboy like me, I just don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♀️😬

I love the entirety of folklore and evermore, except for one song… closure. It’s an immediate skip for me

I get the hate for shake it off, but what annoys me most is that it deserves respect too, which most people don't appreciate. Any other pop song about dancing is simply that, a song about dancing. Shake it off is much more than that.

I get the hate for shake it off, but what annoys me most is that it deserves respect too, which most people don't appreciate. Any other pop song about dancing is simply that, a song about dancing. Shake it off is much more than that.
I agree about the sentiment behind the song but lyrically it’s very weak. I think what irritates me is that she’s capable of such beaut songwriting but a lot of people think she only makes catchy, throwaway pop songs because they’ve only heard the singles - shake it off, bad blood, me, look what you made me do etc.

also just thought I would mention if anyone is looking for some Taylor merch, TaylorandLucas on Etsy have some beautiful sweatshirts. Mine arrived today and it’s soo soft and cosy! I got the all too well jumper and I love it 😍 (I promise I don’t work for them lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I used to LOVE shake it off when it first came out but it’s so overplayed and my son likes the pigs singing it on the movie Sing and therefore I can’t stand it 🤣

• Haha
Can’t believe people are debating whether Lover or Rep is the worst album now that Midnights exists! I skip more than 50% of Midnights 🙈

Reactions: 4
Can’t believe people are debating whether Lover or Rep is the worst album now that Midnights exists! I skip more than 50% of Midnights 🙈
YOYOK
antihero
maroon
Lavender haze
Mastermind
And now vigilante tit because of her performance

are the only songs on midnights listen to

Currently listening to this is me trying and I wanted to add this to the best lyrics list:

They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential

😭😭😭😭😭

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.