Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I understand the reasoning behind dynamic pricing, where the artist would rather make the money from those seats than letting touts buy them and sell them on but there just has to be a better way - like reserving the best seats for verified fans
I don’t see it that way. I see the industry being pissed off that touts have been selling tickets at 4, 6 or 10x face value and decided they want a slice of that pie themselves. Everyone profits - the artist, the promoter, Ticketmaster themselves.

The only people who lose are the public.

if you’d told me five years ago that the gig industry would beat the touts by becoming the touts I wouldn’t have believed you.

Reactions: 22

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I can’t defend her on this pricing situation. I want to, but I do feel she and TM have taken advantage of the love fans have for her knowing people will panic but these tickets at whatever cost.
This. 100% this. She is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams. She'd still become the most selling / fastest selling artist, whatever records she wants to break would still have been broken.

Its about greed and money money money. I feel like even those who got the tickets will be going to the concert with a sour taste in their mouth.

Its really put me off even attempting to get tickets to be honest.

Reactions: 21

ls240898

VIP Member
Just saw this tweet... Gross but not surprised. Her greed has been very obvious the last few years.

No one should be a billionaire. Yes she’s hard working and so talented but as you said it’s gross. I know she does charity work/donations but she could give more away clearly

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
“I love my fans, please don’t hate me it’s all big bad TM fault because they don’t love you.”

That’s all I read there. Older but just never wiser, very fitting.

Reactions: 20

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
I thought Taylor had shown such growth as an artist and media personality during the Folklore/Evermore era but she's irritating me beyond belief during the Midnights campaign and her obsession with All Too Well being a film and not just an extended music video. Not just because I felt the album was awful (just my personal opinion, I know a lot of people do like it) but the desperation, oh my! Not a good look.

I have gone from being an admirer to heartily sick of her. I hope it's okay to say that here, as this thread is not marked as appreciation.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

sleepingpanda

VIP Member
it’s me…hi 👋 I’m new to this thread

I am a UK swiftie and no word of a live I’ve been on tik tok since 630 and Jesus holy mother of Mary…SHE NEEDS TO RELEASE INTERNATIONAL DATES ASAP!!!

Also side note the vigilante shit performance…gotta ask joe where are you honey imma need you to fight me for your Mrs

• Heart
  • Haha

penny1992

Chatty Member
I love Taylor's music but not so much the person these days. She has questionable morals (who she works with), seems desperate and greedy.
In the director on director video she says she would never work with anyone sadistic or abusive... She worked on David O Russell's movie Amsterdam... He has a horrible reputation for being abusive on set. She's a hypocrite.

• Heart

disneys

VIP Member
I do like the idea of a surprise song again but think guests will be very few and far between considering some of her support acts are big names and collaborators- Phoebe, Haim etc. Can see her bringing out Justin Vernon, Jack and Aaron though
Nooo way , she loves bringing artists out and singing their songs with her . She’ll have someone out with her almost every night , I guarantee . She’s done it for the last three tours and the fans love it , she loves it , can’t see it stopping
---
I hope she doesn't just perform the popular songs. I've seen John mayer and he changes his set list every night which is cool.
John Mayer being mentioned in a positive way on a Taylor Swift thread

• Haha

grannypants

Chatty Member
why am I so excited for the opening night of the tour? I’m sitting in my house in rainy England with no eras international dates in sight...

and yet I’m getting butterflies at the thought of her singing cruel summer tonight

wtf is wrong with me

• Heart
  • Haha

mendelsz

Look at the replies to the original tweet and this quote tweet, mannn - surely you can be a fan like most of us are and admit that she is not deserving of billing with JAMES CAMERON, RYAN COOGLER etc?? A Swiftie on Reddit said “I once made my family a meal, I’ll call Gordon Ramsay”

Name dropping random prestigious films and filmmakers in interviews and attending premieres isn’t taking time to learn the craft. That’d entail actually expanding you body of work before spending huge sums of money on trying to buy your way into an Oscar nomination in one of the few categories that aren’t ruled by big names.

Taylor’s self directed music videos are nice but that’s just that, just because she watched movies to get inspiration doesn’t mean she’s “studying”. I’d respect it a lot more if she branched out into directing for other artists or doing actual short films that don’t envolve her already acclaimed musical career. ATW is a very to the point, lyric by lyric music video, would it have the same reception if it wasn’t tied to a fan favorite song and iconic pop culture relationship?

Nothing is more respectful to the craft than to understand that just because you have the access to some of the most talented professionals in the industry and best equipment money can buy/rent doesn’t mean you should get an Oscar.

mendelsz

Ugh I just want this campaign to end, it’s so embarrassing and a disgusting display of how far money can get you in the industry. It irks me so much mostly because it’s in the short film category and that’s the one category where smaller filmmakers stand a chance to be recognized.

Reactions: 18

UsernameOfDreams

It's a cute video. That's it.
She fancies herself a great director, but the truth is her videos are incredibly basic and exactly what you'd expect. Everybody loved the ATW music video and I was cringing throughout, just by how a direct play on the lyrics it was. Where's the nuance, the artistic vision? It was literally two actors reenacting the lyrics.
She's an amazing singer-songwriter, but a good director? Absolutely not.

On that note, I am a bit gutted "Carolina" didn't get as Oscar nomination, it's a beautiful song.

ls240898

VIP Member
I am so so jealous. That setlist surely can make everyone happy?! Something from every era but a focus on the four untoured albums. Justice for Miss Americana and the heartbreak prince stans finally! Some of her best best fashion, can’t wait to see who designed these as it’s normally Jessica Jones

Attachments

• Heart

hol20x

VIP Member
I want international dates (Ireland pls) but at the same time I'm so scared of the ticket stress. 😭

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
She's overexposed again, sadly. It's the same thing that happened post 1989. People start to get sick of her because she does have a strange "Pick Me" energy even when she's almost inarguably the most successful solo artist of her generation.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I left an extremely toxic relationship this year. Bejeweled arrived at the same time as me re-finding my confidence. It matches TOO well 😂😂

• Heart

disneys

VIP Member
“You drew up some good faith treaties / I drew curtains closed , drank my poison all alone”

“Give me back my girlhood it was mine first”

“I looked around in a blood soaked gown and I saw something they can’t take away”

“did all the extra credit then got graded on a curve”

“I wake up screaming from dreaming one day I’ll watch as you’re leaving and life will lose all its meaning”

some of my favourites . It makes me laugh when people say Midnights isn’t lyrically strong . It’s not as obvious poetry as folklore and evermore but it’s Taylor Swift so it’s still strong lyrically , what she can do with song lyrics is phenomenal .

glitteringblitz

I wish she was actively promoting the album. I get that she's put up social media boundaries and whatnot, but with basically everyone else promoting their music that way it feels like something is missing. She used to be all about fan engagement and now she isn't doing that (which is her choice & clearly is doesn't have to as her music is selling great & charting very well) but now she pretty much only pops up when she want people to buy things. The difference is pretty glaring and comes across poorly in my opinion.