Taylor Swift #5 all fans wanted were tour tix, not another anti-hero remix.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @ginandlipstick

Midnights is released.
USA struggles to get tickets to the Eras tour
When will any other dates be released?

Watch this space.

Reactions: 2
Some stadium sales were through Seat Geek, a few on the West coast I think. They have also been cancelled. Feel like this suggests there’s other issues than the Ticketmaster debacle

I have never seen general sale get cancelled before… wtf is going on?

This is such a mess and could have been avoided if she had not allowed resale or dynamic pricing. Also why on earth would you enter the code AFTER the queue… that makes no sense at all. It should be that the code was required to enter the queue and that would resolve the issue of 12.5 million more entering the q without a presale code?

It just seems so poorly thought out for such a huge tour. Disappointing from Taylor and TM.

Reactions: 12
How much input/involvement does Taylor have in this? So bad they have cancelled general sale!!

I mean I would say yay for the thread title - but this is not a good situation.

I have no idea how the presale code/queue worked, but surely it would have made more sense for the codes to be entered before joining the queue and having the presale code generate another code to be sent to the person’s phone to rule out bots/people without presale codes joining queues?

And wouldn’t it have been easier to have people who were purchasing tickets be able to join different queues based on which show they wanted to see?

This is going to cause such a massive divide in her fandom - the fans that are devoted to her no matter what and the fans that are rightly feeling anger/disappointment.

Reactions: 4
It is all a bit odd, they say they gave out 1.5 million codes but 14 million or whatever were on the site?! I think the capital one stuff is really irresponsible to be honest, encouraging people to get accounts for pre sale access is weird. I do like her music a lot but can't help but feel she knew this would happen but at this point likes the headlines about how in demand she is. She knows fans will still stick by her. I know ticketmaster has had a lot of controversy but she knew demand would be ridiculous couldnt she have done a glasto od ed and make tickets non transferable? Also yes why so many bloody remixes!

Reactions: 6
People obviously are entitled to feel disappointed and upset however I think some of the anger is slightly misdirected. 98% of this tit show is on ticketmaster and ticketmaster alone. Taylor’s silence isn’t necessarily her just ignoring things. I imagine there’s things she can’t legally etc but I imagine her team and ticketmaster are sorting thing behind the Scenes and something will be said in a day or two. Whilst there is the image of her running all way to the bank I do think she’s probably just as pissed off this has been a tit show as fans are. I do think she cares about her fans at the end of day more than some artists out there.

People (particularly atm the US fans) need to direct their anger towards those who can make a difference like local government. They’re the ones who can finally do something about the monopoly they have and enforce resale regulations. I do think this could be the start of something bigger. (Uk gang there have been debates in parliament in regards to resale which I’ll link later but some are a few years old but it has been discussed)

Reactions: 7
People obviously are entitled to feel disappointed and upset however I think some of the anger is slightly misdirected. 98% of this tit show is on ticketmaster and ticketmaster alone. Taylor’s silence isn’t necessarily her just ignoring things. I imagine there’s things she can’t legally etc but I imagine her team and ticketmaster are sorting thing behind the Scenes and something will be said in a day or two. Whilst there is the image of her running all way to the bank I do think she’s probably just as pissed off this has been a tit show as fans are. I do think she cares about her fans at the end of day more than some artists out there.

People (particularly atm the US fans) need to direct their anger towards those who can make a difference like local government. They’re the ones who can finally do something about the monopoly they have and enforce resale regulations. I do think this could be the start of something bigger. (Uk gang there have been debates in parliament in regards to resale which I’ll link later but some are a few years old but it has been discussed)
Hmmm I agree about the queue issues etc but she had the power to say no to dynamic pricing and not allowing resale for more than face value.

Other artists have done this (Ed Sheeran). I think that she does care about her fans, but she could definitely be doing more to make this a better experience for them.

Reactions: 17
Absolutely she could have chosen not to opt in to the dynamic greedy pricing set up...its so unfair on the people who took time off work to sit besude thrir laptoos, bought her merch and are genuine fans ...its a real turn off to her personally and I love her music ...

Reactions: 8
Resell should only be allowed at the original value (obvs including to cover credit card or selling fees or whatever )

What’s this dynamic pricing about?
It’s where prices can fluctuate due to popularity. Harry had it for love on tour some fans ending up paying two/three times as much than people who’d purchased ten minutes before them. It’s ridiculous but unfortunately some people are thick and desperate enough to pay it.

I am seeing different stories for Taylor though. Some say she opted in and others say she didn’t.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Thing is if she had opted out then it wouldn’t be happening - and I can’t believe she opted out and TM have done it anyway because she could create legal issues for them.

There is definitely dynamic pricing because some people got nosebleeds for $60 and then people who got into the queue later got the same type of seats for over $200.

I’ve also seen on Tik Tok that there are VIP packages on sale for seats with restricted view but not at a reduced price which to me is insane. In my mind the VIP packages should also mean you are getting a good seat as they are $$$.

I can’t defend her on this pricing situation. I want to, but I do feel she and TM have taken advantage of the love fans have for her knowing people will panic buy these tickets at whatever cost. They’ve also not stopped resellers from taking advantage when they could have. It’s just sad to see and even if Taylor does care about her fans it feels manipulative.

Reactions: 13
I can’t defend her on this pricing situation. I want to, but I do feel she and TM have taken advantage of the love fans have for her knowing people will panic but these tickets at whatever cost.
This. 100% this. She is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams. She'd still become the most selling / fastest selling artist, whatever records she wants to break would still have been broken.

Its about greed and money money money. I feel like even those who got the tickets will be going to the concert with a sour taste in their mouth.

Its really put me off even attempting to get tickets to be honest.

Reactions: 21
I can’t comprehend how any artist could opt-in to dynamic pricing, especially multi-millionaires like Taylor Swift. This whole situation is honestly giving bad vibes and portraying her in a really bad light - coming from a long standing Taylor stan since way back in 2007!

I hope she pulls something out the bag to correct the mistakes. Whether they are her fault or Ticketmaster’s - she is the ultimate owner of responsibility here since it is her tour.

Also sorry to the US fans but as a UK fan I’m hoping these duck-ups ensure the UK/Europe sale is much more plain sailing!!

Reactions: 17
This. 100% this. She is rich beyond most peoples wildest dreams. She'd still become the most selling / fastest selling artist, whatever records she wants to break would still have been broken.

Its about greed and money money money. I feel like even those who got the tickets will be going to the concert with a sour taste in their mouth.

Its really put me off even attempting to get tickets to be honest.
Me too and I’m so sad because it’s the first time I will be able to afford to see her, and was willing to splash some cash for a better seat, but the whole thing has made me feel icky about it… I think I just expected more from her and now feel a bit let down.

I know that’s crazy and probably naive of me, especially after the vinyl drops and the crazy merch prices but I had tried hard to convince myself that was more her label and not her.

It’s definitely exhausting always rooting for anti hero 😂

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.