Taylor Swift #48 What Just Happened

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so glad this thread exists because I don't think I can spam my friends with this stuff constantly šŸ¤£. It's nice to feel excited about something that is only for pleasure and a sense of belonging (is this how sports fans feel??!). Thank you for all the commentary and entertainment!

I'm not surprised that the Paris crowd was a bit more subdued than in other countries. Aside from culture, the majority of the crowd will be French speakers who likely don't speak amazing English, if at all. Even as a native English speaker, I struggle to remember and sing Taylor's songs because they're so wordy, so I imagine it's near-impossible for many French people. It is true that she's not as big in France (I live here and have a spare ticket for Lyon that literally no one I know IRL wants), but I imagine the majority of people at the shows are reasonably big fans given the high ticket prices.

Were people giving out bracelets and hospital bands?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Guyssssss I want to talk about the salute. I am of the firm belief that TSMWEL is about Joe, so maybe Iā€™m delulu. But do we think thereā€™s a possibility that the salute is another duck you to the fans ?? Like ā€˜look, I can do a salute and march on stage and youā€™re not going to call me a Nazi, are you? Are you??ā€™. The more I look at it, the more it feels like that to me. If itā€™s not thatā€¦ I maintain the point that itā€™s totally hypocritical for fans to wet themselves over her salute and stop reading it as a racist act (itā€™s not a racist act, but it sure was when MH did it).
No doubt in my mind TSMWEL. Jehovahā€™s Witness suit, tried to buy some pills, rusting my sparkling summer (broke up just before summer), in public showed me off, wouldā€™ve died for your sins. Salute really just pulls it all together lol

Reactions: 10
I NEED the TTPD boots - totally practical for the school run obvs. Very reminiscent of Madonna and her early era
Lovely aren't they. I'm basically not allowed to own anything white (far too clumsy), but I want them! I also absolutely love the Lover boots from last night!
---
I'm so glad this thread exists because I don't think I can spam my friends with this stuff constantly šŸ¤£. It's nice to feel excited about something that is only for pleasure and a sense of belonging (is this how sports fans feel??!). Thank you for all the commentary and entertainment!

I'm not surprised that the Paris crowd was a bit more subdued than in other countries. Aside from culture, the majority of the crowd will be French speakers who likely don't speak amazing English, if at all. Even as a native English speaker, I struggle to remember and sing Taylor's songs because they're so wordy, so I imagine it's near-impossible for many French people. It is true that she's not as big in France (I live here and have a spare ticket for Lyon that literally no one I know IRL wants), but I imagine the majority of people at the shows are reasonably big fans given the high ticket prices.

Were people giving out bracelets and hospital bands?
My partner literally hates me talking about it at this point. Just doesn't understand. And apart from my brother (who is a big fan but has still not listened to TTPD), nobody else I know really cares. I love having this thread to come back to.

It was great last night reading here while watching the stream!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
No doubt in my mind TSMWEL. Jehovahā€™s Witness suit, tried to buy some pills, rusting my sparkling summer (broke up just before summer), in public showed me off, wouldā€™ve died for your sins. Salute really just pulls it all together lol

Matty doesnā€™t take drugs. The pills arenā€™t about him - heā€™s clean. Thatā€™s what cements it for me. And Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t publically praise the album if she was exposing him for buying drugs. It just makes zero sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Honestly don't stress. I have an outfit but worrying that it is far too OTT, so I have just ordered a t shirt that I'll wear with some shorts if I don't feel comfortable on the day.

Are you thinking theme, or more casual?
I wanted to do a fearless theme (gold sparkly dress and cowgirl boots) but Iā€™ll be around 22 weeks preg and donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be comfortable enough šŸ˜¢ my bump isnā€™t toooo big atm and Iā€™ve weirdly lost weight everywhere else (trying to not think about how thatā€™s probs due to not drinking for 3 months šŸ˜‚)

I definitely know I want to dress up but a skirt/crop top is out of the question. I think I want a bodycon dress as a loose one would probably just drown me out. Iā€™m going to search vinted this afternoon and see what I can find, Iā€™m usually a 12/14 but Iā€™m hoping a 14/16 would still fit me in 6 weeks maybeā€¦ugh itā€™s stressful.

Iā€™m also going in August but Iā€™ll then be about 30 weeks and that is most definitely a problem for future me.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Watched the live stream with my daugther last night, worth the late night on a school day! But she's now expecting a new eras movie with the updated set list, do we think she will do the whole cinema release again?

Don't think I'm quite over last night yet, and had the worst sleep, no surprises there. Think I'll just have it on in the background tonight, and only 'actively' watch surprise songs and TTPD again. Someone mentioned possibility interchanging Long Live and Enchanted, I'd be happy about that, but can't see it happening.
I'm still not over losing loml so soon, it was my no1, but in a way it's a blessing in disguise as if she hadn't played it before my date and then didn't play it at my date, I'd probably have been a tinsy bit disappointed, so at least now I can manage my expectations (and don't tell me it might be replayed, don't want my hopes up lol).

She really is something else, looked and sounded phenomenal, you could see the break did her the world of good, she just seemed to be loving it and "fresher" rather than going through the motions (I know, give it time). It's got me super excited for UK/Ireland, just over a month. Eeekk.

• Heart
I wanted to do a fearless theme (gold sparkly dress and cowgirl boots) but Iā€™ll be around 22 weeks preg and donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be comfortable enough šŸ˜¢ my bump isnā€™t toooo big atm and Iā€™ve weirdly lost weight everywhere else (trying to not think about how thatā€™s probs due to not drinking for 3 months šŸ˜‚)

I definitely know I want to dress up but a skirt/crop top is out of the question. I think I want a bodycon dress as a loose one would probably just drown me out. Iā€™m going to search vinted this afternoon and see what I can find, Iā€™m usually a 12/14 but Iā€™m hoping a 14/16 would still fit me in 6 weeks maybeā€¦ugh itā€™s stressful.

Iā€™m also going in August but Iā€™ll then be about 30 weeks and that is most definitely a problem for future me.
I have a gold sparkly dress and almost cowboy boots so I know the look well. At 22 weeks you might feel comfortable enough - and I think because of the frilly parts over the tummy it shouldn't be uncomfortable at that point - just go looser maybe? I got mine for super cheap from vinted so definitely look there!

30 weeks, I'd say aim for more of a RED theme and wear a t-shirt with a whitty comment about a bump?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Matty doesnā€™t take drugs. The pills arenā€™t about him - heā€™s clean. Thatā€™s what cements it for me. And Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t publically praise the album if she was exposing him for buying drugs. It just makes zero sense.
She said he tried to buy some pills - maybe he was struggling with the backlash and almost relapsed? He didnā€™t really publicly praise the album either, it was just a ā€œIā€™m sure itā€™s goodā€ on that video and a strategic ā€œa source close to Matty saysā€ in the press

Reactions: 15
Don't think I'm quite over last night yet, and had the worst sleep, no surprises there. Think I'll just have it on in the background tonight, and only 'actively' watch surprise songs and TTPD again. Someone mentioned possibility interchanging Long Live and Enchanted, I'd be happy about that, but can't see it happening.
I'm still not over losing loml so soon, it was my no1, but in a way it's a blessing in disguise as if she hadn't played it before my date and then didn't play it at my date, I'd probably have been a tinsy bit disappointed, so at least now I can manage my expectations (and don't tell me it might be replayed, don't want my hopes up lol).

She really is something else, looked and sounded phenomenal, you could see the break did her the world of good, she just seemed to be loving it and "fresher" rather than going through the motions (I know, give it time). It's got me super excited for UK/Ireland, just over a month. Eeekk.
This is what I thought. She looked a little tired by the end of the last run so I am so happy she has had the time off. I also think adding TTPD has really refreshed it for her, and I felt she loved every single minute of it. (I could be wrong, she can do it with a broken heart you know).

This is what I thought. She looked a little tired by the end of the last run so I am so happy she has had the time off. I also think adding TTPD has really refreshed it for her, and I felt she loved every single minute of it. (I could be wrong, she can do it with a broken heart you know).
She did say when she was doing the mashups she wanted to add a little fun in to it. Iā€™m sure itā€™s tedious performing the same thing (bar surprise songs) 3/4 times a week for months on end. She seemed excited!

She did say when she was doing the mashups she wanted to add a little fun in to it. Iā€™m sure itā€™s tedious performing the same thing (bar surprise songs) 3/4 times a week for months on end. She seemed excited!
She really did. I think the mash ups quite excited her, but the set list change has given it some life for her again. I could not imagine doing the same thing that many times for that long a time.

Also, as much as the mash ups were fun - but I'm happy to see she went back to basics last night and I do hope that stays. Repeat songs though pleaseeee!

Also, as much as the mash ups were fun - but I'm happy to see she went back to basics last night and I do hope that stays. Repeat songs though pleaseeee!
losing four songs at a time wasnā€™t it for me šŸ˜­

• Heart
Iā€™m so stressed about my eras tour outfit that itā€™s actually making me dread how quickly itā€™s coming around šŸ˜« anyone else in the same boat? I want to be excited but all I can think about is how unprepared I am.

using this post as accountability to get my arse in gear - please all hold me to it that I will at least order something this weekend šŸ« 
Me too! Dedicating this Sunday evening to it though!!

losing four songs at a time wasnā€™t it for me šŸ˜­
No definitely not. My date is sooo long away still that I fear for what I'll end up with on my night. I love so many, but I'll end up with ME! (I don't hate it, but I also don't want it).

Reactions: 3
I got a Shein order delivered yesterday and it was all tit šŸ« šŸ« šŸ« 
Oh no!! Iā€™ve a few things in my basket at the moment šŸ™ˆ one is a karma esque jacket which looks good but may also be too hot. I might just go back to basics and order a few shirts a la red era instead!

Oh no!! Iā€™ve a few things in my basket at the moment šŸ™ˆ one is a karma esque jacket which looks good but may also be too hot. I might just go back to basics and order a few shirts a la red era instead!
From the sounds of it there is a nice balance between all out outfits and chilled outfits. Which is nice!

Reactions: 2
smallest man is definetely about Matty, he ghosted her didnā€™t he

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.