Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emerald

VIP Member
Hi I am travelling back to my hotel and have so much to say BUT I SUNG "WE WERE IN PARIS" AND I WAS IN PARIS. I WAS THERE.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

emerald

VIP Member
I'm going to read the previous thread as well but here is what I want to say right now.

1. You all probably know I am not TTPD's number one fan but the set BANGS. I honestly can't pinpoint my favourite song off it, its bulletproof. I loved that skit before Broken Heart. Singing WHO'S AFRAID... OF LITTLE OLD ME and the Smallest Man bridge is exactly as good as you think it is.
2. All Too Well 10 and Don't Blame Me are worth admission alone. My favourite sets overall were either Red or TTPD. Or 1989. Or rep. :ROFLMAO:
2.5. Midnights set is honestly kind of a snoozer and I left before Mastermind (and the Metro was still rammed, unfortunately. I might ditch Midnights altogether in August) I love the album but it's hard going after such a long gig. I hate to say but the everlore set is better for being shortened too and I still think it was a bit long :oops:
3. I had a restricted view so I couldn't see the back of the stage or the backdrop but it was still good! I mostly watched Taylor perform on the diamond. The venue was like the o2 at London for comparison.
4. Interesting you say that the crowd seemed subdued @QueenBW because I thought the same. I am a reserved person and don't like making a scene, and I've been to concerts with friends who jump and scream and it just ain't me LOL. But that being said I was still CARRYING my section and I'm not the loudest person in the world. It was a bit weird! I was the only one did the "1,2,3,4" part in Broken Heart (I thought we'd all be doing that :ROFLMAO:) and I was just about caterwauling through Smallest Man and Paris but apparently the actual Parisians weren't feeling it that much. Even Cruel Summer was quiet! Might've just been my restricted view section? There was no daft screaming along like you've seen on TikTok though which is a positive. My voice is gone though, I can tell.
5. There weren't many dazzling outfits TBH, most people were dressed casually like I was. You won't get dirty looks for being comfortable.
6. I recommend sitting down during the gaps between Eras if you have a seat.
7. The merch lines were STUPID long before the concert. I went after I bounced when Bejewelled ended and I was the only person there.
8. Since I saw Paris in Paris I am never allowed to complain again. :sneaky:

It was great gig. I think the everlore and Midnights sets stop it from being perfect but when it's good, it's really fuckin' good.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

maee

As much as I'm a rep girlie I'll actually be kinda pissed if she drops it to soon 😂

Side note I got the job- guess I really can do it with a broken heart 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Lovely

Chatty Member
@emerald, I have to tell you that your Paris posts have completely inspired me to start doing fun things by myself again. I used to love having adventures alone, but I let my anxiety take over a bit after having a couple of panic attacks in public. I think I'm going to take myself to a museum or art gallery on my day off next week (baby steps!) and I'm now really determined to get my confidence back. So, thank you! ❤

I'm also now seriously considering just throwing all my money at StubHub and buying a single ticket to Edinburgh or maybe Cardiff. I'd convinced myself that I was OK with not going, but now I feel like I might really regret it. I'd only been looking on the 'official' sites for resale tickets and not had any luck, but it seems like there are quite a lot available if you're willing to spend a silly amount of money...

• Heart
Reactions: 33

emerald

VIP Member
@ls240898 my dad is my favourite person on this earth so I'd definitely be dragging him around on tour with me 😂

I have to tell you something. My ticket actually cost me £87. But that's fine, it was worth it for Hey Stephen and Maroon. View wasn't the best, I've never stood at an arena sized show before (seats for arenas or stadiums and I queue and dash to the front for smaller venues) so that was a new experience for me and one I won't be running to repeat (unless it was on the cheap side like tonight, the ticket face value was 113 Euro so I effectively got it at discount). I could see her when she was on her plinth thingies though. And the screens of course.

I legged it after the surprise songs and got to my hotel just after 11 because I have to be up at 6 to leave and I still need to pack. 💀

Also, yes, crowd was much louder and there was some dancing going on (not as much I thought there would be though). I was once again carrying Hey Stephen in my vicinity. Honestly, my talent knows no bounds. Shame I wasn't wearing my Fearless shirt.

That was fun though 😈
1000002602.png

1000002603.png

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
12 points to Israel from the UK phone vote. And over 300 points in total from the public. I know it shouldn't be political, but still. What is wrong with people? Actual boak.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

ScottsTots044

Chatty Member
I’m 5 minutes away from inviting my ex to the eras your so I can turn and face him when the smallest man who ever lived is played

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

gossipgal21

VIP Member
My outfit is gonna be super casual and comfy but my bejewelled headband did arrive today which I am looking forward to wearing ✨

IMG_2141.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Greatbutton

Chatty Member
Managed to get £40 tickets off of stubhub tonight in the middle of the Fearless set and made it in for a really great lower bowl view. Highly recommend people if you're in Paris for n3/4 to keep an eye on there for price drops. They are doing zero ID checks and stubhub generally has the best buyer protection of the resale websites.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Told my non swiftie friend this and she sent me back a baffled Snapchat, yous will get it.
I’ve just been to primark to do some eras outfit shopping. Got to the till and the woman said ‘you’re going to the eras, aren’t you’ and now I feel like I’ve nailed it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

emerald

VIP Member
fingers crossed for you! What sort of price are you aiming for? I’m still obsessively refreshing from my sofa in the uk like I have a shot at going 😂 but will keep an eye out for you!
Under £100. I just like the challenge of it more than anything 😂

If all else fails I'm having a nice cocktail al fresco in Paris 🇨🇵
1000002565.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24