Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He acted really stifling at that event, let her breathe Travis bloody hell man. Acting like he’s in the club as well when it’s a gala dinner is all kinds of ick, where’s your table manners! Guess they both think they’re invincible/ untouchable nowadays and act however they want!

Reactions: 13
I hope she doesn’t marry Travis. Judging by what we can see from the outside ofc, I don’t think they’re good together. Their relationship feels so “I really need this rn” and nothing more romantic than that. Taylor is just living one of her teenage fantasies once again her unhealed trauma doesn’t let her let go of. Like she did with the squad for example. She thinks she heals parts of herself by doing things she wasn’t ‘fortunate’ enough to experience as a teen, but does she truly want them now?? She won’t know ‘cause she consciously doesn’t ask herself that. I mean, she’s 30+ and still writing about adolescence and school… she is still hostage to certain emotions, but maybe she names that “I am hurt and flawed and I’m just being true to myself”. A convenient mindset if you want to avoid therapy like she does, but you do you girl, I guess. 🙄 I believe her perfect partner is someone tall (lol), wealthy (obvs), kind and elegant who actually knows Aristotle. She won’t find him if she gives in that easily. She should try therapy and being single. Even when she was single for a minute, she did it so people would stop saying she dates too much???! and tried to fill the void with a squad!? WTF Anyway, she’s older now and she should know better.

Reactions: 15
It's not so much age, but more so that the climate has changed so much. This was pre the Me Too movement etc.
We are all far more informed and educated on issues and I don't think comments he made 12-13 years ago should be held against him forever.
fans hold things Matty said 10+ years ago over him so Travis should be held to the same standard imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think this forum is pretty balanced and has a bit of everything. Most of us recognize Taylor is a regular flawed human being, albeit a very talented one. Some of us prefer one boyfriend/ex, others prefer others. It's overall pretty respectful. As for pro or anti Joe I think most people thought he was a bit bland but he was what she needed at that period of time.

Speaking of Joe, where's our girlie @Folkevermore? Haven't seen her post in a while.
I’m still here! I’ve been following the thread but haven’t had much time to post because I just got two cats!
(Also I find it hilarious that you think of me when Joe is mentioned - I’m truly the chair main of the Joe Alwyn Defence Department 🤣)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m still here! I’ve been following the thread but haven’t had much time to post because I just got two cats!
(Also I find it hilarious that you think of me when Joe is mentioned - I’m truly the chair main of the Joe Alwyn Defence Department 🤣)
we need to see the cats!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aligning himself with Bud light after the whole Mulvaney fiasco was a pretty stupid move by Travis. None of those things make up for the fact he’s a misogynistic prat. But thats another topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh really?! I was just going by what I read online I guess -

'In the 2023 U.S. News & World Report rankings, University of Cincinnati was listed as tied for 203rd best global university out of 2,165 institutions and tied for 142st of 394 U.S. national university. (U.S.)'

The university is classified among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity". According to the National Sciene Foundation, UC spent $480 million on research and development in 2018, ranking it 54th in the nation.'

It's stronger at the doctoral level, yes, which is common with some other schools at the 100-200 ranking, part of what bolsters them in rankings is that they have strong post grad programs. But at undergrad, for example your SAT scores can be pretty average and your GPA can be not perfect and you can still get in. Which would be impossible at a school in the Top 50 for example.

Reactions: 4
Yes, cat pics Please!

Awww I second @ishant 's call to see the cats! Are they named Taylor-y names?

And of course you're the Chairman of the JADD!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
He acted really stifling at that event, let her breathe Travis bloody hell man. Acting like he’s in the club as well when it’s a gala dinner is all kinds of ick, where’s your table manners! Guess they both think they’re invincible/ untouchable nowadays and act however they want!
They out on a double date Friday on the quiet

She was sat in a chair and waving a towel while he was running after the actioneer driving up the price and then playing football with Pat catching balls leapng over people at the other end of the suite once agin to raise money at $10 k a ball while she was sat with Briitney . And him and Pat gave a speech about Reid/Veech

And then spent the next day playing golf / following someone playing golf
---
Perhaps.

However, he it seems he is empathetic, and educated on social issues etc....

Didn't he kneel during the American national anthem a few years back to show his support against police brutality against black people? He has also educated himself on racism and social injustice in the US and spoke out along with Patrick Mahomes when so many others were staying quiet . He has spoken out to support BLM too.

I don't think it's fair to say he is 'lacking in brain cells' etc. He is informed on so many social issues and is clearly not afraid to take a stand and go against the grain -

'Kelce has used a handful of occasions to show his willingness to take stands, even if it means placing himself in the crosshairs of the US’s political right. Just weeks after American conservatives mounted a boycott against Bud Light because it published an advertisement featuring transgender social media influencer, Dylan Mulvaney, Kelce agreed to appear in a commercial for the beer maker.'

To me, the above outweighs any ignorant/ misinformed comments he made at 21 years old.
And his own charity is about getting underprivelidged kids into STEM and feeding them breakfasts daily

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
this has really confused me … dare I ask why? not trying to derail the thread at all but I genuinely don’t see an issue w this.
Without derailing the thread, many people were horrified by Bud Light using Mulvaney in the first place because of what their act is. Sales of bud light plummeted because of it and I bet they paid Travis handsomely to try and get their reputation back.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's stronger at the doctoral level, yes, which is common with some other schools at the 100-200 ranking, part of what bolsters them in rankings is that they have strong post grad programs. But at undergrad, for example your SAT scores can be pretty average and your GPA can be not perfect and you can still get in. Which would be impossible at a school in the Top 50 for example.
He had load of other offers but he followed his brother to Cinnci

Reactions: 2
I agree there are different ways to be smart, Travis doesn’t come across as someone who spends his leisure time reading but he’s obviously very talented and knows what he is doing on the field which I would argue takes a different kind of ‘smart’.

I think drive and ambition wise he’s a good match for Taylor. I don’t think he’s not smart just a very different kind of smart.

You could argue Taylor isn’t smart, her lyrics and song concepts point to the fact she is intellectual and well read but I wouldn’t call her intelligent in the simplest meaning of the word (like drs, lawyers, scientists level smart). she also has been famous since she was very young so her world view is stunted and I don’t think she has much of the real life ‘smarts’ many average people do, like knowing how to do a lot of things for yourself independently etc.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.