Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To kick start this new thread - here's another video from the psychic guy who accurately predicted the reaction to the album etc - this time on what Matty/Joe think of her, what she thinks of them etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had visitors so wasn't really able to participate in the last thread, and have very mixed feelings about this album generally. So am very late to the general TTPD discussion but weirdly early to this thread.

So far, I love How Did It End, Florida!!!, Who's Afraid of Little Old Me, and So Long, London but I think that's because those are the only songs I can really remember the tunes of! As I was listening, I heard lyrics that I loved elsewhere but the music didn't really make them stick other than those songs.

I have a work trip next week and am very excited about listening to the whole thing on a plane with headphones because, as I think I saw someone said in these threads, this will sound better as a headphone album (it'll be competing with St. Vincent's new album though!).

Reactions: 7
I am going to cackle with laughter every time I read the thread name 😂

As of this morning’s song sorte, my top 5 TTPD tracks are:
loml
So Long, London
TSMWEL
ICDIWABH
BDILH

And my top 5 Anthology are:
The Black Dog
The Manuscript
Cassandra
How Did It End?
The Prophecy

Doing the joint song sorter is still too overwhelming, but my top 5 combined right now is probably loml, SLL, TSMWEL, The Black Dog and The Manuscript

Reactions: 8
Link to previous thread

Someone suggested on the previous thread we could do our top 5 songs from TTPD? ❤
Yay that was my suggestion! 🤗

Top five that I keep listening to are (in no particular order): fortnight, so long London, thanK you aIMee, so high school & down bad.

This is only my second post on this thread but have been lurking for the last week!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My top 5 (for today, anyway) in no particular order:
1. BDILH
2. So high school (this has come as a shock to me because I found it so cheesy at first but now it’s making me want to skip and twirl down the street)
3. The black dog
4. TSMWEL
5. I hate it here

shout out to thank you Aimee who came very close to taking one of the top spots but the wishing her dead part ruined it for me

My top 5 TTPD songs currently:

1. Down Bad
2. Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me
3. Fresh Out The Slammer
4. But Daddy I Love Him
5. Guilty as Sin

Really difficult as I love the album SO MUCH

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Top 5 TTPD

1. Daddy, I love him
2. Down Bad
3. loml
4. Guilty as sin
5. Fresh out the slammer

But actually I love them all other than the last two, The alchemy and Clara Bow it would have been much better to finish on smallest man but I wonder of that felt too confrontational?

Anthology in comparison I have just about 5 favs the rest I'm not bothered about.

1. The black dog
2. Imgonnagetyouback
3. Peter
4. The manuscript
5. How did it end?

Reactions: 5
Current top five that LEGITIMATELY changed everyday
1. But daddy I love him
2. Guilty as sin
3. Fortnight
4. Who’s afraid of little old me
5. The Prophecy

Also I’m sure this has been mentioned but any running swifties this album is a beautiful zone 2 long run playlist, just smashed out 9 miles and my pacing felt amazing 😂

don't know if i have a top five yet, it really does depend on my mood. i can't even rank full albums bc it all depends like there's too many parameters to consider. i saw someone split the album up into different playlists of bangers, sad bops, emosh etc which i might do to help digest it all a bit easier

it was weird though that the first song i cried to was so high school ... yeah don't ask bc i couldn't tell you why lol

Mine are
1. But daddy I love him
2. Guilty as sin
3. How did it end?
4. The smallest man
5. My boy only breaks

Actually, that's lies. I love most of them.
This album is incredible. And a mind duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
don't know if i have a top five yet, it really does depend on my mood. i can't even rank full albums bc it all depends like there's too many parameters to consider. i saw someone split the album up into different playlists of bangers, sad bops, emosh etc which i might do to help digest it all a bit easier

it was weird though that the first song i cried to was so high school ... yeah don't ask bc i couldn't tell you why lol
It's very emotive of that teenage obsession feeling I find. And she does actually sound giddily happy singing it...

• Heart
Reactions: 4
TTPD:
1)I can do it with a broken heart
2)Down Bad
3)Whos afraid of little old me
4)But Daddy I love him
5)Fortnight

Anthology:
1)Peter
2)The Black Dog
3)The Albatross
4)Imgonnagetyouback
5)The Prophecy

Reactions: 3

Do you think it’s the nostalgia element of so high school? Because it gives me a funny feeling, not tears but like a giddy feeling, and I think it’s cos it takes me back to when that sound was everywhere - very Third Eye Blind sounding

Top 5 for today:

1. How Did It End?
2. So Long, London
3. The Bolter
4. WAOLOM
5. TTPD

Changing daily though 😂

The title 🤣 love.

I can’t give a top 5 yet, still dealing with the overwhelm of 31 songs

Do they moderate comments on youtube?
I only ask because I watched the lyric video for guilty as sin and in the comments below nobody is really saying what it's definitely about.

Do you think it’s the nostalgia element of so high school? Because it gives me a funny feeling, not tears but like a giddy feeling, and I think it’s cos it takes me back to when that sound was everywhere - very Third Eye Blind sounding
i can't put my finger on what it is tbh, i think it was a happy cry and it hasn't happened since but that romantising mundane things is something i'm trying to practice a bit more, so maybe that just hit me. i'm 21 and perpetually single so i can't even relate it or a romantic relationship lol (maybe nostalgia - i was an emo listener in school), and think i'm also asking myself if growing up and responsibility means that a romantic partner will never be the most important aspect of my life? curse you covid *googles therapist near me*

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.