Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgot to say my friend was taken off Paris waitlist a few days ago! Shes has no intention of going to Paris in a few days lol but maybe its a sign it will start happening for the other dates as we get closer!
That's what happened for Denver and Mexico City. Some people actually got off the waiting list the very day of the concert.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Travis might have one or two functioning brain cells after all if he's feeling insecure, he probably finally finished listening to TTPD (there were some big words there).
Didn't Travis go to University of Cincinnati? He graduated in 2022 with a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies degree

Reactions: 2
I’m not giving Travis a pass for making gross remarks just because he was in his early twenties. Lots of people are married, have children at that age. Regardless, he was a grown man and comments like that aren’t okay regardless of age.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can't read Taylor. Is this forum more pro or anti Joe? (I like him, tbh. Stayed classy and he seemed her type - artsy, posh. Like "love song" prince and princess).
Anyway, other celebs would be ridiculed for showing up seemingly tipsy so many times during official galas. Taylor gets a pass. She really is papped at least half the time inebriated.
Is it Taylor's rebel phase? Pure innocent gossip here.
I have no idea where she'll go next and why she didn't re-record Reputation. (I admittedly love half of the songs).
TK seems hugely successful but red-neck and.. fame hungry not in his sport - which is deserved but with podcasts. Are you smarted than celebrity is his new idea? Joe, then Matty then Travis. No alone time and downgrade when it comes to IQ unlike fame.
On Matty - I believe TS likes to write dramatic songs and Joe wasn't one. I also don't know but didn't she at least kind of dropped him because fans hated him? So I wouldn't bet my life if he ghosted her. He was bad PR.
The tour sounds grueling but the new album should have been shorter. I also sense lots of repeats from previous album. I believed it'd be more intellectual judging by the name and promo. Victim narrative is here to stay.
However, the touring its the duration, oh boy, it must be so exhausting.

Reactions: 7
VVLV signed a 2 year contract extension today. He’s now signed through the season that ends in early 2028. Not sure what to think of the engagement ring rumor. His last relationship lasted 5-6 years without an engagement. He’s be wearing a pinky ring. Maybe he had a new ring designed for himself. Who knows?
I’m obsessed with the calling him VVLV 🤣💀

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m not giving Travis a pass for making gross remarks just because he was in his early twenties. Lots of people are married, have children at that age. Regardless, he was a grown man and comments like that aren’t okay regardless of age.
It's not so much age, but more so that the climate has changed so much. This was pre the Me Too movement etc.
We are all far more informed and educated on issues and I don't think comments he made 12-13 years ago should be held against him forever.

Reactions: 12
I can't read Taylor. Is this forum more pro or anti Joe? (I like him, tbh. Stayed classy and he seemed her type - artsy, posh. Like "love song" prince and princess).
Anyway, other celebs would be ridiculed for showing up seemingly tipsy so many times during official galas. Taylor gets a pass. She really is papped at least half the time inebriated.
I have no idea where she'll go next and why she didn't re-record Reputation. (I admittedly love half of the songs).
TK seems hugely successful but red-neck and.. fame hungry not in his sport - which is deserved but with podcasts. Are you smarted than celebrity is his new idea? Joe, then Matty then Travis. No alone time and downgrade when it comes to IQ unlike fame.
On Matty - I believe TS likes to write dramatic songs and Joe wasn't one. I also don't know but didn't she at least kind of dropped him because fans hated him? So I wouldn't bet my life if he ghosted her. He was bad PR.
The tour sounds grueling but the new album should have been shorter. I also sense lots of repeats from previous album. I believed it'd be more intellectual judging by the name and promo. Victim narrative is here to stay.
I think a lot of journalists don‘t want the grief of being critical of Taylor even when it’s deserved regarding her bizarre behaviour at award shows.
I get the impression (especially from the TTPD) that after Matty and her split for good, Travis chasing her stroked her ego. It’s also a nice middle finger to her exes and she gets to play out how in love she is and he gets to be known to the world or known as something other than a football player. It was great PR for the breaks in the tour.

Reactions: 10
Taylors line from Fortnight "I was a functioning alcoholic
'Til nobody noticed my new aesthetic" really annoyed me at first because she referred to alcoholism as an aesthetic, something you can opt in and out of if you want to been seen as edgy or are looking for attention. Seeing her drunk again at another public event it's giving "I can give up any time I want" instead. I think she quite likely has an issue but thinks because she's out touring, breaking records and can take breaks from it that she doesn't really have a problem.

Reactions: 22
It's not so much age, but more so that the climate has changed so much. This was pre the Me Too movement etc.
We are all far more informed and educated on issues and I don't think comments he made 12-13 years ago should be held against him forever.
I respectfully disagree. Making comments like he has is never acceptable in my book. It’s not a rite of passage men go through. If my 19 year old nephew was heard making comments like that by myself, his parents or his grandparents he would be torn a new one. Ten-fifteen years ago it was still considered disgusting to make comments like Travis did. At least in my world.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Didn't Travis go to University of Cincinnati? He graduated in 2022 with a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies degree
University degrees don't really mean that your brain actually works. (ETA: If you've ever watched those videos where they ask college students in the States basic questions like world capitals, super basic science while they do a physical challenge you'll know what I mean). Not to mention he was probably given an easy pass because of who he is and Cincinnati is not a top school.

As for giving him a pass because he was young or because it was a different time, nope. If you, as a fully grown person, need society to tell you something mysoginistic and meant to mock and shame people is offensive to stop doing it then you're not a very good person. You just care what others think of you. I know several men who weren't making those comments in 2010 because they knew they were wrong. Full stop. Didn't need a whole global movement to "educate them". Lord when will we women stop being asked to educate grown ass men.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
University degrees don't really mean that your brain actually works.
Agreed - however, i was responding to a poster who said he wouldn't understand Taylor's lyrics as they contained 'big words' and he lacked brain cells.

Cincinnati is not a top school.
University of Cincinnati is ranked #142 out of the 439 National Universities in the US.

As for giving him a pass because he was young or because it was a different time, nope. If you, as a fully grown person, need society to tell you something mysoginistic and meant to mock and shame people is offensive to stop doing it then you're not a very good person. You just care what others think of you. I know several men who weren't making those comments in 2010 because they knew they were wrong. Full stop. Didn't need a whole global movement to "educate them". Lord when will we women stop being asked to educate grown ass men.
I just think cancel culture and forever holding someone to what they said as a 21-22 year old is pointless I guess 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I think this forum is pretty balanced and has a bit of everything. Most of us recognize Taylor is a regular flawed human being, albeit a very talented one. Some of us prefer one boyfriend/ex, others prefer others. It's overall pretty respectful. As for pro or anti Joe I think most people thought he was a bit bland but he was what she needed at that period of time.

Speaking of Joe, where's our girlie @Folkevermore? Haven't seen her post in a while.
---
Agreed - however, i was responding to a poster who said he wouldn't understand Taylor's lyrics as they contained 'big words' and he lacked brain cells.

University of Cincinnati is ranked #142 out of the 439 National Universities in the US.

I just think cancel culture and forever holding someone to what they said as a 21-22 year old is pointless I guess 🤷‍♀️
It's me, hi, I'm that poster, it's me 👋🏻 And I suppose I shouldn't mock Travis 's smarts but I've never heard him sound eloquent or smart and he's never even fully listened to his "significant other's" albums in full, doesn't know the basic lyrics of popular songs etc. I just seriously doubt TTPD is his thing/at his level.

And sorry but if you're from the US you know that it's not a very good school in terms of academics. Like most universities in the top 101-200, it has some good programs and their grads go on to have good jobs and all, but it's just not a school I'd use as proof of someone's smarts. I also doubt he was attending all classes what with training and games. So it's a bit sus.

I'm not saying cancel. I'm saying hold someone who was an adult to adult, responsible standards. Don't brush things under the rug cause he was 20. ETA: especially when there's no proof he thinks different since just last year he was making inappropriate "jokes".

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I should add that Sabrina's set was pretty short. She only has the one album after all.
this just reminded me of when my friend (die hard fan) told me she actually has five albums?! yeah I had no idea either lol it feels like she just spawned into a main pop girly

• Haha
Reactions: 6
this just reminded me of when my friend (die hard fan) told me she actually has five albums?! yeah I had no idea either lol it feels like she just spawned into a main pop girly
I stand corrected!! Okay but even she must not like those previous 4 much because all her set was from Emails I Can't Send.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t think anyone here is saying he should be cancelled. Just that both things can be true at the same time, he was young & dumb and that being young & dumb isn’t a great excuse for that garbage.

Reactions: 15
And sorry but if you're from the US you know that it's not a very good school in terms of academics. Like most universities in the top 101-200, it has some good programs and their grads go on to have good jobs and all, but it's just not a school I'd use as proof of someone's smarts. I also doubt he was attending all classes what with training and games. So it's a bit sus.
Oh really?! I was just going by what I read online I guess -

'In the 2023 U.S. News & World Report rankings, University of Cincinnati was listed as tied for 203rd best global university out of 2,165 institutions and tied for 142st of 394 U.S. national university. (U.S.)'

The university is classified among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity". According to the National Sciene Foundation, UC spent $480 million on research and development in 2018, ranking it 54th in the nation.'

Reactions: 1
University degrees don't really mean that your brain actually works. (ETA: If you've ever watched those videos where they ask college students in the States basic questions like world capitals, super basic science while they do a physical challenge you'll know what I mean). Not to mention he was probably given an easy pass because of who he is and Cincinnati is not a top school.

I agree there is a difference between educated/schooled and Intellectual.
Travis might be school smart (I remain unconvinced) but he doesn't come across as intellectual.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if he had a football scholarship? I keep hearing he's smart but I've seen no evidence of it.
He had his scholarship stripped from him for smoking pot in NOrleans at the Sugarbowl , then made the U of Cincci Honor Roll the next year and only then got back on the squad . He was a few credits short when he was drafted to the Chiefs but eventally finished it

He plays dumb a lot of the time but he is football smart and that is why he has broken all the records as he runs off the play. If he keeps going for 3 more years he will have all the TE records apart from 2 - TD in a season with Gronk ( 19 ) where he is 2nd and total yards with Tony G (15000 yds ) where he is 4th and he will catch Antonio Gates in 3rd next year
---

I agree there is a difference between educated/schooled and Intellectual.
Travis might be school smart (I remain unconvinced) but he doesn't come across as intellectual.
Perhaps.

However, he it seems he is empathetic, and educated on social issues etc....

Didn't he kneel during the American national anthem a few years back to show his support against police brutality against black people? He has also educated himself on racism and social injustice in the US and spoke out along with Patrick Mahomes when so many others were staying quiet . He has spoken out to support BLM too.

I don't think it's fair to say he is 'lacking in brain cells' etc. He is informed on so many social issues and is clearly not afraid to take a stand and go against the grain -

'Kelce has used a handful of occasions to show his willingness to take stands, even if it means placing himself in the crosshairs of the US’s political right. Just weeks after American conservatives mounted a boycott against Bud Light because it published an advertisement featuring transgender social media influencer, Dylan Mulvaney, Kelce agreed to appear in a commercial for the beer maker.'

To me, the above outweighs any ignorant/ misinformed comments he made at 21 years old.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.