Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shutuplori

So does anyone else think most of those song titles sound unhinged and are they gonna hugely disappointed when there's no drama at all when the album comes out or....just me?

Reactions: 16

Lansam

I don’t post on the threat often (but read it all the time, I’m boring and have nothing to contribute) but I’m going on August 20th!

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Still patiently waiting for some 22nd June or 15th August friends 🥲
We don't need friends. We're getting the best songs and loads of mayhem.

Justin Vernon is gonna come out and they'll do a 10 min mashup of exile and evermore on piano first on my night. And then she's gonna sing IDSB with the whole rep tour routine and outfit and drop the tv. You'll all be raging.

• Haha

MidnightAura

VIP Member
So does anyone else think most of those song titles sound unhinged and are they gonna hugely disappointed when there's no drama at all when the album comes out or....just me?
Many of the titles are just cringy. Daddy I love him. 🤮 Taylor you are a 34 year old woman!

• Haha

ls240898

VIP Member

What exactly about it is for children lol
---
Love this for you, girl! Do send us the inspo photos and hope Taylor gets Rep TV out right on time for you 😉
omg you have no idea. He was saying “I’ve already picked it for you so don’t complain” lol I gave him a few pointers but he showed me this picture as something he was considering at first and loved it because it’s understated. It’s not even stated babe
IMG_8614.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

tellmewhy

VIP Member
I could believe the scarf theory if it wasn’t for would’ve could’ve should’ve. Give me back my girlhood?

Lady_choo

just had my Annual Leave approved for 19 April so I can listen to the new album all day in peace 😁

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
View attachment 2857606
Don’t have threads so can’t see the rest of the post, but what are peoples thoughts on this? I was surprised when Sabrina carpenter showed up advertising them but I suppose you gotta take your opportunities where you can.
I think Taylor’s beef isn’t her friends beef.
also Lana and Sabrina are more work colleagues than friends.
Brittany Mahomes will desperately cling to anything that’ll make her semi relevant

QueenBW

VIP Member
do you think taylor has an issue with drinking? I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having a drink on holiday but there’s been a significant increase in her getting spotted with alcohol since the pandemic. I can’t help but think about the anti hero music video that seemed to hint she had issues with it
I don't know about problem-problem in the traditional alcohol dependence way we tend to think about it. But she does seem to rely on alcohol a lot as a social lubricant (she was always drunk at the football games and she's been drunk at most award shows since the pandemic). Which might in itself be a problem even if she's not abusing it in terms of quantity. If she's dependent on it to feel comfortable in social settings, then that could be classed as an issue.

Obviously we can't know that just from what we see of her life but just wanted to share because we often think about alcohol problems in terms of quantity consumed and that's not the only type of problem.

That said, if I had to spend days on end alone with Mr. Cool As Fuck, I'd also need to have a drink at hand the whole time.

shellie

VIP Member
The new Forbes list came out today and Taylor can now officially be called a Billionaire according to them. She is at #14 with a net of $1.1B.

• Sick
  • Wow

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
SYTL! Glad to see you back and always happy to have a little Brain Trust with you 😁
I’ve been dropping in occasionally to read you guys as ever excellent thoughts but it’s been busy and Taylor’s fake relationship and five stages of capitalism is something I haven’t had the patience for 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
Journalists did the same with Jack Antonoff and St. Vincent-it's such an odd thing to ask! St. Vincent has an album out in April, was asked about Taylor Swift in Esquire and I get asking about the weirdness of St. Vincent co-writing a Taylor Swift song that went number one, but why ask her about Taylor specifically? It's just taking up space in a short, junket interview! (I've copy and pasted the Swift section but if you are interested in St. Vincent, the whole interview is mostly great and interesting and has me very excited for the album)

Another highlight of your CV: you co-wrote ‘Cruel Summer’ with Taylor Swift. It went to Number One this year, four years after being released

I mean, it’s very cool and it’s very indicative of the way people consume music now. Like, it wasn’t a single from that record [the album, Lover]. The fans just decided it was a hit – four records later. It’s crazy. I’ve never experienced anything like it, first-hand. But also I’ve never actually seen it happen before [ever] – except maybe with ‘Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)’ when it was in Stranger Things [Kate Bush’s 1985 song, finding wild new popularity on the back of a pivotal role in the Netflix series]. The fans just decided it was a hit.

Hurray for the fans

Yeah, hurray for the fans.

Where does Taylor Swift’s insane work ethic come from?

You’ll have to ask Taylor Swift.

Taylor can’t come to the phone right now

I think she’s just tapped like that. She’s just built for it.
The definition of terrible journalism, right there. I'd have been so embarrassed to be that journo. And I'd been pissed if I'd been St. Vincent

ls240898

VIP Member
hopefully I’m allowed to go off topic but for all Taylor/taylors teams faults with the vinyls, at least they have all the songs on (and I mean excluding the bonus tracks). I ordered a “limited” vinyl from Beyoncé’s store weeks ago, and when played it’s missing four songs. No tracklist on the back. Said the inserts that contain the vinyls will be printed with artwork, they’re just paper. How embarrassing for a main artist to have a false advertised product! So yeah for all of the vinyl drama with Taylor, at least she doesn’t misadvertise!

• Wow
  • Sad

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Billie eilish can get right off her high horse, yes I agree with everything she said and hate that Taylor puts out these different variants with exclusive tracks, but her using “recycled” materials doesn’t make her superior or in anyway better!! She’s still producing materials, and a lot of the time the term “recycled materials” is just a misnomer and green washing overconsumption!!! Lead by example please Billie

Reactions: 15

Lady_choo

I wonder does she know she’s been over exposed and is choosing to stay out of the spotlight until album release to renew public interest around album release. No need for her to go to awards now.

Reactions: 15