Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emerald

VIP Member
I like going into albums blind so I'm enjoying the suspense. It doesn't happen very often. I'd like to press play on Fortnight on the 19th and have no idea what I'm about to hear.

Reactions: 15

bellbells16

VIP Member
Why did she bother flying back from Philadelphia (must’ve been with Kylie and Jason (US version)) so soon then and to LA? Why’s she basing herself out of LA rather than NY rn?
It’s much easier for her to move around quietly in LA. I would imagine that she has music video shoots, tour rehearsals, fittings and maybe other press on going at the moment. Further proof that she really wanted to be seen last year in NYC. She doesn’t want to be seen rn.

Reactions: 14

gossipgal21

VIP Member
The impression I get from Taylor drinking at awards ceremonies and public events etc is…. And please obv take with a huge grain of salt as I’m basically projecting myself on her…. 🤣 as a “pathological people pleaser” I sense she is sometimes quite socially anxious and needs to put on this mask or performative behaviour sometimes in order to be “Taylor Swift” and liked/approved of. Alcohol helps with that as she can relax and turns her into the fun giggly girl.

As someone who never grew up drinking but then discovered it at the worst time (while being severely anxious) I would get drunk at work parties and get a bit addicted to people saying how much more fun I was (like thanks) and so it became a bit of a crutch in that sense. Not in an alcoholic way and I don’t believe Taylor is at all either.

But like anyone, as we’ve already used the example of a lot of people having wine after work during the week or at the weekend, I think it is used as a tool, not the best one if excessive but there could be a lot worse too.

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Taylor’s on her way to LA, presumably for the iHeart radio awards?
---
Hopefully her outfit is better than last years
---
Also just to add I see a few of you girlies liking mine and @ishant’s posts in the Beyoncé thread when Taylor came up 😂 people love nothing more than to compare them!
I like her outfit there. It's very rep and MUCH better than what she wore to the Grammy's. Do we reckon she might walk the red carpet with Trav?

I just don't get Beyonce. I tried to listen to the new album but just thought "meh". I think it's her voice. It doesn't do anything for me. Not a fan of warbling either. Also don't like Ariana's voice or (going old school here) Celine Dion's, Heather Mills, Mariah Carey etc. I get that they all can sing but they leave me cold.

I didn't like Bey's version of blackbird because it just wasn't different enough (I've since realised she kept McCartney's guitar which explains a lot). I just think if you're gonna cover something iconic you need to make it different and better. I didn't want to comment on the Beyonce thread because I just don't know enough about her. I had been reading on some thread (on here, I think) about a month ago that apparently she is kinda dim which is why she doesn't give many interviews. This doesn't really ring true to me, but it seemed like such an odd thing to say (several posters were saying the same thing) that it shocked me a bit.
---
Loads of people saying the album is incredible though, like I said, she's just not my taste voice-wise. I can definitely see her winning AOTY next year (partly down to the jay z thing) but also because it's a departure from her usual.

• Heart

tellmewhy

VIP Member
If Taylor looks pregnant then by any account I’m about 6 months overdue….
I was so worried about these photos and the comments that would follow. We know from Miss Americana she pulls herself apart and whilst people are generally being complementary, I can imagine even seeing people saying ‘this has made me feel better about myself’ or that she has a ‘normal body’ could still be triggering.
I know people in this group have said things and I stayed quiet but I just don’t think we should be commenting on people’s bodies full stop. No body is good or bad, it’s just a body.

• Heart

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I like The Man 🫣 I really enjoy shout singing along to the bridge. Also it’s fun to run to.

With the alchemist, I think agree it will be about making something that wasn’t golden, golden (eg her relationship with Joe). But more in the way of when you are in love you ignore all the flaws and problems then when you look back you realise it was never as great as you thought.
I don’t not like The Man, but the staging of it in the eras tour and the speech before it makes me cringe SO BAD

Tadpole

There were so many videos of empty seats at Sydney shows. What happened? Something about flights getting cancelled?
Was that maybe the day of the storms (when Sabrina couldn't perform). Could you imagine, after all that, and then on the day not to get 😭

As an aside, my daughter just told me, her (newish, swiftie) friend, has a second Long Pond Studios vinyl, that he was keeping for someone that wouldn't sell it on and would appreciate it fully, so he's selling it to her (me, lol), for face value. I think I'm as excited as she is. He's only 15, and was second in the queue on release day, he's a die hard!

• Heart

wordzalad

VIP Member
I could believe the scarf theory if it wasn’t for would’ve could’ve should’ve. Give me back my girlhood?
I think girlhood as in he ruined her girlish idea of love. If that makes sense… but I get how it can be read in other ways.

Lilykins

VIP Member
That's a good point, yeah, he weirdly tried to make it about him when it wasn't.

I work with basically all men teams so I'm sadly very used to it and didn't even clock that Travis had done it. It's like they can't possibly understand anything unless they relate it back to themselves 🤡

Oh and I also want to know why he was being interviewed/if it was just about Taylor. But I'm also too lazy to look it up myself/too scared of making the algorithm think I care about Travis Kelce. I've only just managed to get it to stop shoving him to me at every turn.
He does this thing called Kelce jam. A kind of music gig/festival in Kansas - i think it raises money for his charity.

Edited to add - I think Joe didn’t want to be asked about Taylor because he didn’t want it to look as if he was making his career off the back of her name. Travis already has a successful career in a completely different field so clearly doesn’t have those fears. Is my take anyway.

enkaym

They went in broad daylight and sat outside when they could’ve stayed inside the restaurant. They wanted to be seen
Exactly, how can anyone say they didn't want the paps when they are sat outside? Taylor Swift doesn't sit outside unless she wants to be seen.

Being very pessimistic here but imagine she feels pressured to remind everyone she exists, god forbid she go away for a few weeks and someone else steal the spotlight!

ls240898

VIP Member
So cute! Post a pic when you get it.

I was out on Monday and went to get a coffee, I was wearing my “pathological people pleaser” jumper from TheSundayDream and the girlie behind the counter complimented it and knew it was a Taylor song. Then Speak Now TV came on, clearly she put it on for me x

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I’ve heard the scarf metaphor thing but when I listen I still just take it literally, I don’t really wanna think about it in the context of her virginity, it feels a little creepy 😬 I like the whole pics of him wearing her scarf ages later theory so I’ll stick with that.

• Haha

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Just popping on here to say that I’ve just watched the Rep tour again and that it is still great - so go watch it ❤

I did that classic thing of ‘I’ll put it on as I potter and tidy’ and then basically reenacted the whole thing 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

ls240898

VIP Member
Wonder why she didn’t go when she won 3 awards?
With respect it’s not like iHeart radio awards is a big awards show. She went last year bc she was being honoured with the innovator award, the last time she went in person before that was 2019 when she wore that gorgeous sequinned playsuit - but I feel like she only went because she was launching the Lover era at the time. Then before that, she last went in 2016

QueenBW

VIP Member
You can expect these things but still not have to pretend to enjoy them. We have no idea what the people who were taking photos were saying, the photos could even be one of 1000 that just so happen to make them look fed up.
She's a professional that's kept a straight face even when journalists/paps have yelled asking about her mom's cancer.

He meanwhile always looks like he'd have been at home at the Capitol on January 6 so I won't even mention his mean face.

My point is that it's hypocritical to use media and social media to create frenzies to sell stuff and then be/act/look upset when those people you've used want to take a photo.

And of course if she actually wanted to not be bothered she wouldn't be at Nobu, sitting outside. It's all a fame game and people fall for it, thinking he's protecting her cause she got upset. Kind of funny to see.

• Haha
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Travis just doesn’t give refined or distinguished. It’s straight caveman vibes to me.