Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tellmewhy

VIP Member
the woman works so hard and as far as we know, doesn’t drink when she doesn’t have a break between shows, which means she’s going quite long periods of time without drinking. The award shows, football games and this holiday are what she chooses to do when she does have a break so I honestly don’t blame her for wanting to drink at those events.
I guess it’s like how a lot of brits (not saying it’s just a British/UK thing) have a wine on a Friday night to celebrate the week being over. I really don’t think it’s that deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

ishant

VIP Member
I could believe the scarf theory if it wasn’t for would’ve could’ve should’ve. Give me back my girlhood?
No, see, I don't think 'girlhood' is virginity per se at all. Here I believe it's more the loss of innocence, joy, naivety. It is the first *man* she was involved with and definitely sexual to an extent with. And then you grow up but realise it was fucked to give this time to someone much older than you.

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
I find it really disappointing that Taylor is rewriting the history of songs she wrote, that are meaningful to her and others, just for album promotion and social media fodder.

Maybe it’s just meant to be lighthearted but I know that a certain, very vocal sector of the Swifties will take it seriously and as more reasons to hate on Joe and indulge Taylor. It’s childish, and as a long time fan it makes me think of less of her. I’m not the biggest fan of Lover as an album, but girl what are you doing turning the whole damn thing into misery gossip fodder. Is it because she didn’t get her Grammy?
---
ETA: I realize this is massive. I'd give you all a high five for reading and a snack if I could.
B! I’ve been away awhile but we are still connected by the brain, we just posted more or less the same thing 😂

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member

Shots fired, however I agree 100%
Whilst I agree…. Feels a bit disingenuous considering. Sure it’s recycled etc but it’s still making fans buy more no?

IMG_4551.jpeg

• Wow

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Sad that my predicted favourite song didn’t make the poll. I have high hopes for The Alchemy. I’m very heavily leaning into the theory that it will be about Taylor being the alchemist in her relationship with Joe (alchemy being the magical power to turn an ordinary metal into gold) and that she realises that she was the alchemist all along. All of the previous references she made to gold (and there are many!) were because she made him and their relationship golden, it was her creating the gold, not just being in the presence of gold.
Does that make sense? I can never tell if I’m articulating my thoughts properly!
God I bloody hope not. The womans ego knows no bounds if so 😂

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
The eras tour isn’t ever going to end at this rate. It’ll just ever-evolve as she releases more albums.
we’re all still gonna be discussing our next eras tour dates and tips on how to get tickets in 2050

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
As someone with issues in this area shall we say, yes it’s very triggering. I saw the photos of Taylor and I think she looks great but I knew Twitter would be having a field day. Like even if you are for some creepy reason desperate to see her have children with Travis, to speculate is gross.
Not that I’m saying you were!
Do people really think that she would get pregnant when she’s still on tour until the end of the year?
let’s be real, she’s gonna be using multiple types of birth control

JLXRD

VIP Member
I don’t not like The Man, but the staging of it in the eras tour and the speech before it makes me cringe SO BAD
The speech makes me cringe in the same way the ‘every day just like clock work’ speech she did when she was younger on tour 🥲

I don’t like the scripted speeches tbf, I much prefer at a show when artists just talk to you ad hoc but I get her show is more of a spectacle as opposed to other artists I’ve seen where they just chat a bit inbetween.

Robot Lady

VIP Member
Sad that my predicted favourite song didn’t make the poll. I have high hopes for The Alchemy. I’m very heavily leaning into the theory that it will be about Taylor being the alchemist in her relationship with Joe (alchemy being the magical power to turn an ordinary metal into gold) and that she realises that she was the alchemist all along. All of the previous references she made to gold (and there are many!) were because she made him and their relationship golden, it was her creating the gold, not just being in the presence of gold.
Does that make sense? I can never tell if I’m articulating my thoughts properly!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

JLXRD

VIP Member
I don’t get why everyone thinks they need to ‘prove’ why Beyonce is better than Taylor. Hating Taylor is some peoples full time side hustle though, go on any post featuring her on Facebook and the comments will be about how undeserving and untalented she is so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Never see these arguments comparing male artists really tho do ya… interesting.

Merpedy

VIP Member
The apparent revision of her most uncomplicated songs makes me roll my eyes, in an affectionate sort of way.
I find it more annoying because there’s some songs that haven’t yet been tainted by her relationships for me and now she’s gone and done this

I saw someone suggest that she could have used this as a way to show off the songs and sounds that may have inspired the album and I found that way more interesting than a playlist of songs we have all listened to a million times 🤷🏼‍♀️
Give a taste of the sound of the album without actually releasing a single and that

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
We can update the register with the secret songs and then do a poll asking who got the best combo and immediately bully them off the thread (if it's not me).

I am in my mid 40's. Wtf is wrong with me?!

• Haha

ls240898

VIP Member
We’re about to be fed guys!! TTPD in 2 weeks, tour back in 5 weeks for MONTHS! The de-tay-dration period is almost over

• Heart

ishant

VIP Member
My head is buried firmly in the sand on what the hell im going to wear for my June LDN date as I’ll be about 5.5 months pregnant and so far pregnancy has not been kind to me 🥲

I really want to plan a fun outfit now but I’m too worried it won’t fit or I’ll hate it so it’ll probs be a mad dash for me in the few weeks beforehand. That being said I love seeing all your outfit planning posts 🥰 gives me some inspo for when I eventually sort myself out!!
Omg I saw this for all the pregnant girlies!!!
IMG_5548.png

• Haha

londongirl2001

VIP Member
This thread is fascinating to me as a Taylor newbie, because all I know about her is what I loosely followed via gossip news over the years: (ex) boyfriends, feuds with other celebs, lawsuits, money, intense fandom that over-identifies with her, etc. I have never watched a music video or interview with her. Now that I’m listening to some of her music (still mostly to newer songs starting with 1989) I think it’s a shame there’s such a massive circus around her (possibly created by herself in part?), because her artistry can absolutely speak for itself.

emerald

VIP Member
Putting Lover on the "denial/ignoring red flags" playlist. Girl.

I suppose it's the "highly suspicious that everyone wants you" lyric but oh my God.

• Wow
  • Haha

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
Dear Judas from the tomb

I AM DEAD

please someone remember to bring it back for next years Easter festive title
i mean:
the jokes weren't funny he took the money
i looked around in a blood soaked crown
stained glass windows in my mind i regret you all the time
right there where we stood was holy ground

taylor could write both testaments but jesus and his mates couldn't write karma is a cat 💔

• Haha
Reactions: 16