Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QueenBW

VIP Member
You guys are the sweetest and the second best thing about loving Taylor's music (right behind Taylor's music, which I'm sure you all understand ❤). You really did cheer me up.
---
Was discussing engagement rings with my boyfriend last night. In my rep/lover era after all x
Love this for you, girl! Do send us the inspo photos and hope Taylor gets Rep TV out right on time for you 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

slugella

VIP Member
I always saw Sweet Nothing as a cute song, because of the "outside they're pushing shoving" before the "You're in the kitchen humming, All that you ever wanted from me was sweet nothing".

I interpreted it as people are always wanting more from her, but he just accepted her and she could be herself, and can admit to him that she's "too soft for all of it".

Eta: I think without some of the other lines in the song, the "All that you ever wanted from me was sweet nothing" could be a negative thing, but with the rest of the song it kinda makes it a positive. Just my interpretation anyway - it's interesting how it can mean different things to different people!

• Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I really dislike the man, it’s not the feminist anthem she thinks it is
for someone so talented she looks so unnatural on stage, it’s wild. I’ve been watching a lot of Queen performances lately though and nobody even comes close so I guess I’m biased. I’ve just never seen someone so obviously rehearsed when they perform down to little things like waving and facial expressions. I think I’ll just stick to the recordings 😂

ishant

VIP Member
Just booked a hairdresser for the morning of my show!!!!! I’m so excited and can’t believe it!

• Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Started Era Tour movie and I remember why I listen to her with my eyes closed 😂. Everything is so so calculated and looks incredibly rehearsed. Nothing natural about it. Please never be an actress Taylor 😂😂

I’ve just got to The Man so a LONG way to go, I don’t know if I’ll last.
Edit: I know everyone rehearses but she’s so wooden and obviously hitting marks it’s incredible.

• Haha
  • Heart

JombleWomble

VIP Member
Taylor said in her Person of the Year interview that she doesn't drink while she's touring. I know her public image is carefully maintained but I don't see any reason to not believe her about this. The tour is so physically demanding that you wouldn't wanna do it the day after a few cocktails would you? I really can't blame her for letting her hair down when she has a break. I don't think she ever appears wasted anyway. I'm not there though so could be totally wrong 😂

I think the comments about alcoholism in lockdown are facetious. She reminds me of the "wine mum" stereotype in the way that she mentions drinking as a way to seem relatable and fun. I know everyone handles things differently but in my (sadly quite extensive) experience people who have admitted to a struggle with alcohol don't talk about it in that "oh isn't it quirky" kind of way that Taylor does.

I like her outfit there. It's very rep and MUCH better than what she wore to the Grammy's. Do we reckon she might walk the red carpet with Trav?

I just don't get Beyonce. I tried to listen to the new album but just thought "meh". I think it's her voice. It doesn't do anything for me. Not a fan of warbling either. Also don't like Ariana's voice or (going old school here) Celine Dion's, Heather Mills, Mariah Carey etc. I get that they all can sing but they leave me cold.

I didn't like Bey's version of blackbird because it just wasn't different enough (I've since realised she kept McCartney's guitar which explains a lot). I just think if you're gonna cover something iconic you need to make it different and better. I didn't want to comment on the Beyonce thread because I just don't know enough about her. I had been reading on some thread (on here, I think) about a month ago that apparently she is kinda dim which is why she doesn't give many interviews. This doesn't really ring true to me, but it seemed like such an odd thing to say (several posters were saying the same thing) that it shocked me a bit.
---
Loads of people saying the album is incredible though, like I said, she's just not my taste voice-wise. I can definitely see her winning AOTY next year (partly down to the jay z thing) but also because it's a departure from her usual.
I know Beyonce is an amazing singer but like you say, she just leaves me cold. I think with Taylor you get a glimpse into the inner workings of her mind, her songs feel (rightly or wrongly) deeply personal. I just don't connect with Beyonce.... I was excited for this new album but it's fallen flat for me... but her albums do tend to for me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think she's so big, like icon level, that her music just doesn't seem personal enough for me. I'm always aware of the amount of production that's gone into her work.

HotDawg

VIP Member
I need to book 1 final day of annual leave from work by the end of this month and I chose 19th April. No reason for that date, no reason at all. 😏

• Heart
  • Haha

ishant

VIP Member
I got these hair slides yesterday and the blue glitter dress! It’s midnighty and it’s not what I was planning for but I like it and look nice in this type of blue hopefully it will fit!

does anyone know if the dancing tights Taylor wears are good in terms of tummy control etc? Also what are they like with sizing?

IMG_5808.jpeg
IMG_5809.jpeg

• Heart

Realitybites

VIP Member
Random one but my fiancé is coming with me to the tour and he’s agreed to dress up as long as it’s subtle (🤣) I’m thinking of getting him a top with either Taylor’s version or ***my names*** version on the back but has anyone else got any ideas?!

PS I’ve gone to so many Star Wars conventions with him so a few months ago he came with me to watch the tour in the cinema because he didn’t want me going alone and wanted to repay the favour however I may have accidentally forgot to tell him it’s 3 hours long.. his face in the cinema when Taylor did her speech saying ‘a three hour show covering 17 years of music’ his face was literally a picture 🥲 his reaction was literally:
If he’s a Star Wars person what about ‘Karma’s on your scent like a bounty hunter’ with a pic of Boba Fett or the Mandolorian on it?

• Heart

wordzalad

VIP Member
I like some of Beyoncé’s songs but I’m not a huge fan. I can respect she’s got a great voice and is a excellent performer but I’m not 100% taken by her, same with lots of artists.

I don’t get people who think you have to hate one to like the other.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Kinda, yes. She's definitely more discreet about him though. This article sums it up.

But on top of this you have dozens of songs she wrote about him telling the world how gorgeous, smart, lovable, complicated, normal and good at sex he was.
I don’t know why but I really giggled at the fact you added ‘good at sex he was’ at the end 😂 (yes I am 12)

• Haha

JombleWomble

VIP Member
I hate it when people at work ask me about my partner or personal life.
Like, mind your business.
No joke, my manager tried to invite himself to my wedding. Even if I had a guest list of 200 he wouldn’t make the cut
I'm the same. If a friendship grows organically over time then cool, but you're not entitled to details of my personal life just because we work at the same place.

Also, the people interviewing Joe weren't even his colleagues who he spent loads of time with, they were interviewers he may not have even met before. I suppose the "normal person" equivalent would be like if I went to pitch something about my work to someone from a different organisation. In that situation some small talk is fine but intimate questions about my life and relationship? Nah. I don't think Joe was being rude. I think he just made it clear where his boundary was and he stuck to it.

Joe and Travis clearly have different boundaries when it comes to discussing their relationship with Taylor. I don't think either one is right or wrong. They're just different because they're different people.

• Heart