Taylor Swift #33 Travis weren't thinking and I was just drinking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kind of want to order this new one (when it gets to the UK store) and then cancel if there’s another additional variant I like better
---
Different variants with different bonus tracks is pure greed imo. I don’t buy any of the vinyls or CD’s cos I have no way to play them but like aside from it being a cash grab how annoying would it be to have different versions with different songs. Then she’ll probably release a complete collection or something.
*deep breaths, separate the art from the artist*
Olivia Rodrigo did the same thing (they’re on the same label) but it was more of a surprise rather than marketed as “buy this colour and you get this bonus track”

Reactions: 1
It usually takes an hour or so to launch on the U.K. site
Ah thanks, I’ll keep an eye out, I’m so bad for variant collecting - I like to justify it by pretending I’ll split between me and my kids when they move out 🤣

Reactions: 3
I kind of want to order this new one (when it gets to the UK store) and then cancel if there’s another additional variant I like better
I think that’s what I’m going to do.
I’ve already got the CD with the manuscript (I’m one of those ~drive an ancient car with a cd player~ girlies) so I’ll get this vinyl variant and cancel if I like another more

Reactions: 4
I love Taylor’s music but the capitalism really grinds my gears, we’re in a cost of living crisis and she pushes people to buy multiple copies out of fomo
Agreed. I've bought the original TPPD vinyl as we will actually listen to it, but the other variants can do one. Plus, surely it's somewhat cheapening them too, like we now know it's never really 'limited edition/collectible' as that'd mean that they'd be capping their profit margins and that's never going to happen.

I think that’s what I’m going to do.
I’ve already got the CD with the manuscript (I’m one of those ~drive an ancient car with a cd player~ girlies) so I’ll get this vinyl variant and cancel if I like another more
I have a CD player in my car too but generally just like to collect CD variants because it’s cheaper 😂 I do think there will be at least one more vinyl variant

Reactions: 2
Maybe I’m just in a mood as the only reason I’m up to have seen the secret songs is because my dog was insistent on going out at 3am but lmao I would be so bleeping annoyed if I was at a tour stop and she announced a damn vinyl variant like it was some big treat for the crowd.

Reactions: 11
Agreed. I've bought the original TPPD vinyl as we will actually listen to it, but the other variants can do one. Plus, surely it's somewhat cheapening them too, like we now know it's never really 'limited edition/collectible' as that'd mean that they'd be capping their profit margins and that's never going to happen.
The folklore variants sell for over £100 now. Maybe I should just start collecting them as investments and capitalise on the craziness of other swifties.
I spent £120 on lover Paris vinyl (I really questioned if it was the right thing to do but the fomo got too much) and now they’re selling for £500 and it’s absolutely insane

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Screaming, crying, throwing up as I write my stupid little emails that Melbourne got YLM 😭

Reactions: 7
She can play mind games with her exes and the media all she wants but to play mind games with her fans is a little out of order “we’ll talk about it later” and then putting the poet art work behind her only to announce a new variant 😭😭 No Blondie, stop playing with people. Girl is on a power trip for sure.

Reactions: 10
Sorry if this has already been discussed I’m in the of Asda and just saw the post of cd with the bonus track, those of us who have already pre ordered will we have to order this album to get the bonus track?! If so does anyone have any advice on how to cancel the other order? Thank you x

Sorry if this has already been discussed I’m in the of Asda and just saw the post of cd with the bonus track, those of us who have already pre ordered will we have to order this album to get the bonus track?! If so does anyone have any advice on how to cancel the other order? Thank you x
The bonus track is exclusive to the new variant of the album. The one you have ordered will have The Manuscript rather than The Bolter. If you want to cancel go on the uk store and scroll to the bottom, click contact us and there’s a form you can fill in x
Edited to add: the new vinyl won’t have The Manuscript though! So depends which one you like the sound of most 😂

I never really buy the albums, except midnights to get the codes .

I agree with you ..
But don't come for my stanley! 🤣🤣

How is there already a new version of an album that is not yet released, I don't understand
I won’t come for your Stanley if you tell me you didn’t spend £47 on a cup 😉😂 unless you’re as rich as Taylor, in which case, knock yourself out!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Both are bonus track versions but different bonus tracks. The first variant has “the manuscript” as a bonus track, this variant has “the bolter”.
if you ordered through her online store there’s a”contact us” section where you fill out a form. If you ask to cancel they’re usually pretty quick

her playing YLM with the new cover in the background. Also this would be her first “break up” album since Red, very fitting she played it

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How dare she do all this while I am on my mandated office day. Very inconsiderate.

Also I got the refund mail… hoping it means my whole £300 order gets refunded bc I have regrets over it ha.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The bonus track is exclusive to the new variant of the album. The one you have ordered will have The Manuscript rather than The Bolter. If you want to cancel go on the uk store and scroll to the bottom, click contact us and there’s a form you can fill in x
Edited to add: the new vinyl won’t have The Manuscript though! So depends which one you like the sound of most 😂
Thank you! I’ll just t stick with what I’ve ordered and listen to The Bolter on Spotify! 😆 I only get the CD’s for my car but as someone who likes to have everything ordered “together” it’s annoying having to remember which bonus tracks I have or don’t have on a CD 😂

I’m quite happy with waiting out on the preorder and picking up all the variants from HMV in a years time 🤣 (and finding completely legal means to listen to the bonuses otherwise)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.