Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QueenBW

VIP Member
If he does propose to her I’m 100% going to be convinced he’s after her for clout and money.
I'm already convinced about the clout part. He keeps talking about her, however vaguely or cloaked in the "we", in his podcast. Why? What did he talk about on that thing before dating her? Why must he tell people they had empanadas and stayed in the hotel? With the scarcity of Taylor IRL sightings pre 2023, people are stupidly aware of all this detail.

Reactions: 15

emerald

VIP Member
I'm saying this lightheartedly but I cannot believe I am doing this waiting for a code thing AGAIN ☠ surely this has to be the last time

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I was getting dressed listening to 1989. “When you lost control. red blood, white snow” made my partner sit up in bed and listen. He thought HS beat her up 😩😂. I had to explain and then went down the rabbit hole and he was sorry he asked 😂

• Haha

Polkadot123

VIP Member
I actually think it was important for her to say 'before my show'
We all know what the rumour mill can do online. They'd be saying she was performing whilst it was happening and things like that.

Reactions: 14

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
i don't know the whole kelce brothers lore / timeline but doesn't his brother have a family? so that combined with the reality show suggests to me that he's also been told to 'pull his socks up' and find someone to settle down with. i think he can empathise w taylors position there. the 'babies within a year' comment was him expressing a public interest in a family, not exactly being literal about it.

i think some of the stuff he says out of context can be iffy but i don't think he's a bad guy / misogynist etc. he's most likely a clumsy (great dane energy tbh) product of his environment but from a loving and respectful family and knows right from wrong.

it's unlikely i'll try and 'defend' him anymore tbh i just think this 'he HAS to be playing her bc he said like four questionable things in the past few years' is going a bit far when she's clearly very happy. i think the matty stuff got cut short after tree realised how volatile he was, i don't think their relationship would get to this stage so publically if he had skeletons in his closet that weren't 'approved' by her team.

tellmewhy

VIP Member
He needs to calm the fuck down and at least wait until after my eras tour date.
I’m really giving tmi here but the other weekend my partner and I weren’t particularly careful and since then I’ve been worried I’ll be heavily pregnant for my eras tour dates 🤣 maybe a sign I’m not ready?

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
And then there’s this too 😂
For real though he seems very intellectually challenged. I wonder what him and Taylor talk about? I feel like she’s gonna be real bored when the novelty/lust wears off.
He’s not the sharpest crayon in the box.

Lilykins

VIP Member
Can I just say where are all you guys’ money trees to be buying all this merch at the drop of a hat 😂😭 im living off dust til pay day.

• Haha

bellbells16

VIP Member
I can see her cancelling. If something happens tonight or tomorrow at a show it would make things even worse. You’d have people saying “you knew things were bad/not organised and you still went ahead etc”. I can see her team not wanting to take a chance.

I did think the wording was a bit…off. But agree it would have gone through legal and is more about saying “I didnt know what had happened when I went on stage”. To stop any potential criticism of her on stage and going ahead with the concert probably. People can get offended no matter what, so I guess they were trying to cover everything and not cause more issues. It’s so sad what happened to that poor girl. An absolute nightmare.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I couldnt sleep for various different reasons and I was thinking about the whole Travis thing and has the mastermind been outdone this time?

Was Travis even on Taylors radar before his little 'I was going to take a friendship bracelet with my number on it' stunt?

I was all for it initially but now I feel quite icky about it all tbh.

Make no mistake she is a catch. Shes talented, massively successful, beautiful, at the very top of her game. Who wouldnt want to date her.

What did Travis really know about her other than the above before he went for it.

I dont know I could be completely wrong and I hope I am. I know others who know american football / listen to his podcast have said he is a good guy but I cant help but think Taylor is a brilliant decision for him, not to say he doesnt also like her.

I find it so strange someone whos told us about all her heartbreak, so many times over and over and she seems to have thrown caution to the wind with this one. Shes been telling us though 'I never learn'

QueenBW

VIP Member
agree with where you're coming from i just think the US is still the best choice safety wise and in terms of resources at her disposal. it would probably cost the country more to supplement her safety as an unfamiliar place than it would to her personally to just go back to the US
The countries don't usually provide security to celebrities. Mexico did it as a personal favor to the US Embassy. But it was only to the concert venue and back. So it would literally cost nothing to the country. It could potentially cost her more if she felt she needed to hire more security than the one she travels with but really it would depend. Flying that private jet back and forth is not exactly cheap either.
---
How’s Andreas health at the moment? Could that have something to do with it?
This is a good point although with all the traveling to KC and pap walks in NYC it doesn't look like she's spending much time with Andrea healthy or otherwise.

QueenBW

VIP Member
I feel like so many people tweeted those kinds of things in 2010 😔 It wouldn’t be tolerated now but back then it was.
Maybe I'm very rigid but I didn't tolerate it then and actually cut out a male friend who'd tweet "hotness" rankings of girls in college.

I just think there's no excuse 🙊

And the fact that neither him nor his team even thought of doing a good cleanup of his social media shows he probably doesn't even remember this, or doesn't think anything bad of them, much less regret them.

And because patriarchy and late stage capitalism are a fucking riot, there won't be any consequences to these surfacing... probably not even an apology.

(I swear I'm fun at parties. Sometimes. As long as you keep icky men away).
---
I agree, I don’t think it’s right but I’m not sure I agree with judging people whoever they are on what they said or did when they were a) in their early 20s/10 years younger and b) living in a different time. We should learn from history not use it to abuse people.
Is holding people accountable abuse, though?

Like he doesn't deserve being burned at the stake (or whatever appropriate equivalent there is. Losing sponsorships? Sitting down a game?) but giving people free passes because x,y,z is how we got to where we are. He wasn't even a minor. He was an adult who should have known better and sure it was pre-Me Too but do you need a global movement to tell you to be kind?

Sorry, I work in a male predominant field, I'm often the only woman in a room. And instead of going the "let's not rattle things" path I went the "zero tolerance" way. It's honestly served me well. People know not to fuck around with me 🙃

• Heart

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Late to the party but I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if Taylor wants to move fast at this point. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she ends up in some odd marriage arrangement at this point either tbh, I just get the sense that she wants to sell the public a happy life and marriage. It would be a nice conclusion for her career given how many of her songs are about finding perfect love and even this whole Travis thing, and I just get that vibe from the way the whole Joe situation played out where the public weren't aware that they were struggling until the breakup

I don't think she will retire after the tour but she will probably slow down and focus on whatever other creative interest she has - that movie being one of them
If she wants to slow down and do low key albums like folklore and evermore again I would be very content with that.
Midnights is good but felt like a bit of a step backwards

• Heart

smudge126

VIP Member
She didn't give people much warning did she 😂 not much time for people to get the money together either. Got my fingers crossed for you all!
Me checking to see if I’m off the waitlist knowing full well there’s £38 in my bank account 💀

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
Most stadiums in LatAm do not allow you to bring in water and hike up the prices ridiculously. It's awful and it's so devastating that their greed has now had devastating and irreparable consequences.

Taylor must be so devastated. She'll probably get even more involved now with everything related to touring and sadly she might not want to be back to some places.

• Sad

Folkevermore

VIP Member
honestly I cba with stuff like this. people are so desperate to cancel others these days. they are tweets from 12, 13 years ago - yes they are questionable but honestly how many of us have said things years ago that we don’t regret and certainly wouldn’t stand by now?
I hate fatphobic and ableist comments as much as the next person (I myself am fat and have disabilities) but this is such a reach. Yeah he probably should have scrubbed his socials but man I’d hate to be famous 😂
Honestly I think most men think like this, even if they don’t say it.
I lost 3 1/2 stone and started straightening my hair and was horrified at how different the average man treats you when he doesn’t perceive you as fat/ugly 🫠

• Heart