Taylor Swift #25 years old, how were you to know?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because I don't know much about her but my social media is full of how many men she goes through, but others saying she's so sweet and innocent so can't figure out the mini skirt look she permanently wears.
She has great legs. So she sometimes wears mini skirts and other things that show them off.

She is sweet. She has also had a good few ex boyfriends/flings, just like most women.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Because I don't know much about her but my social media is full of how many men she goes through, I'm not sure who she has dated but others saying she's so sweet and innocent so hard to know.
I don’t think mini skirts = slut. To be honest with you, I don’t think we should even have words like slut, hoe, slag in our vocabulary. The majority of humans are hard wired to enjoy sex, whether with one person or multiple people and we shouldn’t label them for that.
Skirts are a garment, just because you might have sexualised mini skirts doesn’t mean she’s wearing them for the male gaze.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
This. And she actually ran up to catch that too, it wasn’t like it was this massive planned thing where he was waiting for her with open arms and the photographer focusing solely on that moment.

Are there some parts of it that make me roll my eyes? Yeah, sure it’s kinda cringe. The comparing Travis to Joe is also kind of grating, though I will say although folklore and evermore have been described as events about other people’s lives I do think there are certain songs that are autobiographical about that time in her life.

With the new relationship they both like the attention and I hope it doesn’t come back to bite them eventually. I will also say it was so nice to see Travis absolutely vibing to her performance and bring the same energy she brought to the games.

It's a contrast to back then but I'm sure he wasn't vibing the whole time. He looks a bit anxious at the KC show... A man with a plan?

Reactions: 4
This isn’t meant in a challenging way, I’m just genuinely curious as I often miss things but what makes you say/think she was “always apologising for it”? Other than the song peace & her explanation of it in Long Pond, I don’t recall her seemingly apologising for her fame. She’s definitely acknowledged it but I wouldn’t say apologised for it.

I’m admittedly quite bias towards Joe as I just miss the calm quiet days where the focus was her music, other than a few sightings & interviews, but I do feel Joe was in a tough situation initially as he was virtually unknown at the start of their relationship (& even during for a lot of people) and had he started talking about her in interviews people would have said he was using her to get attention/fame. Heck people are already saying that about Travis & he’s much more famous than Joe has ever been. It’s also worth remembering that she never really spoke about him either, other than through her art. She wasn’t even really asked about him in interviews & I would think that’s because producers etc were told that was off limits (he’s not had that level of fame/power to make those conditions).

Taylor said in Miss Americana that in 2016 she fell in love with someone with a really normal upbringing and that they “decided together that they wanted that relationship to be private”. Joe gets so much stick now about the whole privacy thing but there was a time when it was what she wanted as well. It’s not his or her fault that eventually that didn’t work out for them or that she maybe changed her mind.

It’s difficult to explain what I mean without listing a long post of observations etc
But I do agree with you that it may have been what she wanted at the time and now she wants something different.
I like the new openness but at the same time there is the possibility of over saturation.

Reactions: 4
She has great legs. So she sometimes wears mini skirts and other things that show them off.

She is sweet. She has also had a good few ex boyfriends/flings, just like most women.
I guess that's the problem with SM and maybe people that don't like her or are jealous, because they make out she's not like most women, in that she literally goes from man to man like its a bad thing, but like you say that's normal for a lot of young girls.

It's a contrast to back then but I'm sure he wasn't vibing the whole time. He looks a bit anxious at the KC show... A man with a plan?
Interesting I hadn’t actually seen this, maybe he was anxious about the bracelet thing, maybe he’s overacting now because of how she acted at the games. I think there was a meeting between them set up that night, one of her dancers has a brother in an NFL team (I don’t think it’s the Chiefs now but I think he previously played for them). Whether it’s real or PR I just hope she doesn’t get hurt and continues to have fun.

Reactions: 5
I guess that's the problem with SM and maybe people that don't like her or are jealous, because they make out she's not like most women, in that she literally goes from man to man like its a bad thing, but like you say that's normal for a lot of young girls.
She was with her ex for well over 6 years.

Reactions: 12
Honestly I don’t blame Joe for not looking like he’s actively enjoying her concerts or whatever when I see the Travis’ videos. The man was basically surrounded by fans in a very very open VIP tent. He always had to be conscious that he looks like he’s supporting Taylor or someone will catch a bad moment and run with it. It’s exhausting

Couple that with Joe seeming a bit introverted and it’s not a shock that he didn’t seem to want to actively take part and show his adoration for her 24/7

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s so so hard to not just think this is a massive pr thing but I just don’t understand what either party would get out of it being pr? Like both were successful already in their own right so idkkk
The NFL has literally made millions from the huge surge in viewers and it's broken records with the number of people that suddenly started watching early season games.

Reactions: 6
Interesting I hadn’t actually seen this, maybe he was anxious about the bracelet thing, maybe he’s overacting now because of how she acted at the games. I think there was a meeting between them set up that night, one of her dancers has a brother in an NFL team (I don’t think it’s the Chiefs now but I think he previously played for them). Whether it’s real or PR I just hope she doesn’t get hurt and continues to have fun.
If there's any truth to the friendship bracelet story (I 90% believe it), he was shitting himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Guys I just really miss Joe. I don’t really care whether the relationship with Travis is/isn’t PR but I do care about the overexposure since she started dating him. I much preferred her when she was private and the only glimpse we got into her life was through her music.

I also love all of the songs that she wrote whilst she was with or about Joe. Rep, Lover, Folklore, Evermore & Midnights are my faves and I’ve been a fan since debut. She just always sounded so deeply in love with him and I believe he will always be the one who got away.

I think they probably lasted as long as they did because there wasn’t as much of a spectacle around them both. He always seemed really sweet & shy to me and I think he was exactly what she needed when she needed it most.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t think mini skirts = slut. To be honest with you, I don’t think we should even have words like slut, hoe, slag in our vocabulary. The majority of humans are hard wired to enjoy sex, whether with one person or multiple people and we shouldn’t label them for that.
Skirts are a garment, just because you might have sexualised mini skirts doesn’t mean she’s wearing them for the male gaze.
I get what you mean and yes there is no harm in them, I'm just trying to figure her out, and in terms of this new public relationship.
Did she herself not sing about she's in the short skirts and I'm wearing tshirts? So there is something in it. Like it makes a difference in how you dress to a man.

I’ve only just recently become a Swiftie so sorry if this has already been discussed, but how does anyone know that Joe didn’t want to marry her? I know some of her songs reference marriage. I get the “embarrassing dad” feeling when I see Travis, maybe it’s his clothing choices 😂. I do think there is generally a cultural difference between how British and Americans, particularly men, show affection, and maybe that’s making the difference between them seem so pronounced.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve only just recently become a Swiftie so sorry if this has already been discussed, but how does anyone know that Joe didn’t want to marry her? I know some of her songs reference marriage. I get the “embarrassing dad” feeling when I see Travis, maybe it’s his clothing choices 😂. I do think there is generally a cultural difference between how British and Americans, particularly men, show affection, and maybe that’s making the difference between them seem so pronounced.
She says as much in You’re Losing Me (not on streaming) “and I wouldn’t marry me either, a pathological people pleaser”
---
I get what you mean and yes there is no harm in them, I'm just trying to figure her out, and in terms of this new public relationship.
Did she herself not sing about she's in the short skirts and I'm wearing tshirts? So there is something in it. Like it makes a difference in how you dress to a man.
She wrote about that when she was a teenager. I do think she will always view herself as the loser on the bleachers even though she’s the popular girl these days

She IS representing all of us who never quite got over things that happened when we were teenagers. 💀 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It could also be that when you fall for someone, you appreciate what they love more. Anxiety aside (if that was the case) it was just him watching Taylor Swift kill it, which not everyone loses their head over. Now he’s watching his girlfriend Taylor Swift kill it. There’s new responsibility their to act supportive, and there’s a new level of appreciation.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She was on Jimmy Fallon/ Graham Norton a year ago doing the circuit in Oct promoting Midnights, her chats with Aaron Dessner where she’s oh woe is me being Taylor Swift and’ the elephant in the room with my friends and family’ crap.
No I know but she’s not courting those sorts of interviews like she was 5-10 years ago. I guess because she doesn’t need to. I don’t think she’s explicitly requested privacy in her relationships for a while. I get the impression she is well aware of what she chose and what comes with it. She clearly loves the huge crowds and the attention - look at how she thrives on those insanely involved crowds at her shows. She loves the fame!

Reactions: 6
Do you guys think this relationship is going to be at a supersonic speed? I.e engaged within the next year?
If the rumours of things ending with Joe because he wouldn’t propose are true, Travis might want to prove he’s not like that and give her what she wants

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Guys I just really miss Joe. I don’t really care whether the relationship with Travis is/isn’t PR but I do care about the overexposure since she started dating him. I much preferred her when she was private and the only glimpse we got into her life was through her music.

I also love all of the songs that she wrote whilst she was with or about Joe. Rep, Lover, Folklore, Evermore & Midnights are my faves and I’ve been a fan since debut. She just always sounded so deeply in love with him and I believe he will always be the one who got away.

I think they probably lasted as long as they did because there wasn’t as much of a spectacle around them both. He always seemed really sweet & shy to me and I think he was exactly what she needed when she needed it most.
A lot of the overexposure is unrelated to him though. Look at how people gathered around for Jack and Margaret’s wedding and how insane every restaurant pap walk “with the girls” gets.
Even if she is not with Travis, she took to the streets of New York immediately after the Joe break up was announced. It’s not related to who she is dating, she wanted the cameras to see her.

I know fans want to stay behind to see her after the show but she’s done her bit by performing on the stage for 3.5 hours - maybe being naive but what she does afterwards off stage behind the scenes is her time and don’t think it’s fair that it’s being filmed but that’s just me. I’m wondering if the photographer who was following her and got the photos of her and Travis was more of a personal thing as I doubt we will ever see those pictures but idk. Dunno if that even makes sense haha

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.