Taylor Swift #25 years old, how were you to know?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Goodness me I woke up to a lot today 🤣.

I think the reason it’s so jarring is because she’s gone from a very private relationship to a very public one in less than a year. We got used to her giving us nothing about her relationship other than in her music where she decided what we see

I’m firmly on the fence with it all. I feel it is very public and icky, but at the same time feel it’s just two giddy head over heels adults in a honeymoon phase that’s making them feel rejuvenated and young.

I do think the way social media and stan culture is now makes it 1000x worse than it would have been if their relationship happened even 6 years ago.

Reactions: 21
I do think it’s disappointing that when she is in very public relationships, it becomes Taylor and her boyfriend and not just Taylor. The guy basically becomes actively part of her brand and she very much pushes it. It becomes hard to enjoy her whole public persona because there will always be something attached to her love life or the guy and it will be very in your face. It’s not just gossip or theories or thoughts based on what she’s singing or wearing or whatever, and it’s fairly easy to remove yourself from those conversations

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The irony of Blondie in practically every interview for the last decade moaning about the press and everyone talking about her personal life and who she’s dating, when she’s made her whole personality about Travis for months, calling the pap shots, now making the tour about him and her front and centre. She reminds me of Buddy in Elf “I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it” She in her thirties acting like a teenager, clearly emotionally mentally stunted there imo, as there’s nothing wrong with being happy but my god she’s so performative about it with him, it’s starting to feel really disingenuous, can she not just be happy and content with someone without having to do all the other tit like the running towards him like Joe etc, she’s always wanting to clap back at her exes which is good for album material but not to the extent she seems to have to do it in order to function. All so contrived and calculated, I just want the natural not every little farting detail planned to the nth degree era.
She doesn’t really give interviews or go on talk shows and hasn’t for a while. I don’t know if she still feels the same way as she did or if she’s moved on. Her fame is much bigger than it was even 5 years ago.

Reactions: 3
For me Taylor is that girl who changes her whole personality as soon as she gets a new man. As soon as she got with Joe she fell off the map and went quiet for months, because that’s what he wanted (I’m assuming from what we know about him and him wanting privacy). And as soon as she was with Travis all that privacy went out the window because he’s obviously down for all this being so public. I’m not taking away her own agency because I think both things suited her at the time but if you were friends with her you would get whiplash.

For me the thing that makes me roll my eyes about the kiss is how performative and staged it was. That he just happened to be standing there in full view of everyone. If he stood in the tent to greet her, no one would have seen. They wanted people to see. I think it’s ok to acknowledge that yes, she probably is in love, but also loving the attention and playing it up.

Buckle up tattlers, because I think we’re in a for a long few months with these two!!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The following is JMO.
I think a lot of her branding relies on being someone girls and women can aspire to be. She’s gorgeous but in a very achievable and girl next door way (surgery aside). She wears… some nice clothes (OK, her fashion is a little hit and miss) She has a private jet and performs to adoration and cheering night after night. She has the awards. She has the songwriting talent. The string of hot boyfriends just adds to that aspirational quality she has. I feel this as a 30 year old (so she’s only slightly older than me) but it definitely applies to teenagers and younger adults as well. She’s like a realisation of every average white girl’s potential. I could be her, if the dominos all cascaded in a line.

Reactions: 13
The following is JMO.
I think a lot of her branding relies on being someone girls and women can aspire to be. She’s gorgeous but in a very achievable and girl next door way (surgery aside). She wears… some nice clothes (OK, her fashion is a little hit and miss) She has a private jet and performs to adoration and cheering night after night. She has the awards. She has the songwriting talent. The string of hot boyfriends just adds to that aspirational quality she has. I feel this as a 30 year old (so she’s only slightly older than me) but it definitely applies to teenagers and younger adults as well. She’s like a realisation of every average white girl’s potential. I could be her, if the dominos all cascaded in a line.
Has Taylor had surgery?
I do agree she tries very hard to be aspirational and “just like us” even though I don’t think she is at all.

Reactions: 5
Has Taylor had surgery?
I do agree she tries very hard to be aspirational and “just like us” even though I don’t think she is at all.
She’s never said outright (unsurprisingly) but I think it’s generally agreed on she’s had a boob job, rhinoplasty, and eyelid surgery.

Reactions: 17
Taylor has always played it dangerously close with her relationship with fans. She courts attention and gets everyone talking, she is after all a mastermind! It’s double edged though and when it hits a down spike for whatever reason it’ll be tough for all involved.

I never liked Jo tbh he just took himself soo seriously and I always felt he used her fame to control her and she was always apologizing for it. But again I don’t know them 🥴 so I could be way off.

Personally for me as a 48 yr old I find it cute and funny. I like how open she is and I like how they are having fun in public with it - it’s not that deep. But what comes up must come down…

Loved the mash up ♥

Reactions: 8
She doesn’t really give interviews or go on talk shows and hasn’t for a while. I don’t know if she still feels the same way as she did or if she’s moved on. Her fame is much bigger than it was even 5 years ago.
She was on Jimmy Fallon/ Graham Norton a year ago doing the circuit in Oct promoting Midnights, her chats with Aaron Dessner where she’s oh woe is me being Taylor Swift and’ the elephant in the room with my friends and family’ crap.

I'm new to Taylor, well I know some songs, they are catchy, I'm impressed that she writes and plays instruments but that's my knowledge, I always found her to give off a dork vibe, that handshake at the chiefs game made my butthole close up. The super short skirts, what's the deal with that? Is she a big giant hoe? (no shade, whatever makes her happy) because she looks like miss innocent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I don’t think they would be making all this effort to see each other just for PR. Taylor doesn’t need it.
It's all a bit over my head as America politics is 🤯 but I had seen on TT one reason may be that she sways voters coupled with Travis promoting the jab, so a nice little deal for both, but like I say it's over my head I'm only quoting.

Reactions: 1
I was getting dressed listening to 1989. “When you lost control. red blood, white snow” made my partner sit up in bed and listen. He thought HS beat her up 😩😂. I had to explain and then went down the rabbit hole and he was sorry he asked 😂
Makes me think of a nose bleed from doing cocaine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Of course we repeat things with new boyfriends that we did with old ones, but the exact recreation while people film and you know it'll be the main topic of conversation instead of your concert? Weird.

Karma may not be about Joe as a whole but "Karma is the guy on the screen coming straight home to me" IS about Joe. It's like she's trying to cheapen everything she had with him that was special. Make it matter less.

I'd never imply or go into Taylor is a Slut for dating territory. But her behavior seems bizarre to me, because she's not just dating. She's doing it more publicly than even with Tom H. I give her credit for being one of the smartest people out there, so it seems natural to me that if she's doing something so obvious it's not a coinkidink. For example, I think she's aware that the Miss Americana run and hug with Joe was something fans held as special (there are plenty of edits about it)) because it was rare and a tiny glimpse into their relationship. She recreated it, beat by beat almost. While people filmed. I can't think she's so dumb she doesn't realize it. And I have to think Miss Mastermind intended something with it.

I love Taylor's music and literally grew up with her since we're basically the same age, so I love her too in that parasocial way we love celebs. But if I see something that feels off I like to discuss it, and I just wish she wasn't putting this relationship above everything.
---
It does to me. Think she means on their roster?

At least in American English it's perfectly normal to say someone is ON a team. So it sounds normal to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t recall Taylor kissing a boyfriend publicly before, and Taylor is thinking about everything, so for some reason now she wanted us to see the kiss. He could have waited for her behind the curtains that were literally a step behind him or Taylor could have run to him yes, but then kiss him inside that hidden area. I don’t mind a public kiss or a public relationship ofc, it’s just interesting that Taylor is changing. Maybe her new plan is “Stop caring, let chaos in sometimes, be unapologetic about how I feel, even if some people say it’s immature, until I figure it out.”

Reactions: 13
I never liked Jo tbh he just took himself soo seriously and I always felt he used her fame to control her and she was always apologizing for it. But again I don’t know them 🥴 so I could be way off.
This isn’t meant in a challenging way, I’m just genuinely curious as I often miss things but what makes you say/think she was “always apologising for it”? Other than the song peace & her explanation of it in Long Pond, I don’t recall her seemingly apologising for her fame. She’s definitely acknowledged it but I wouldn’t say apologised for it.

I’m admittedly quite bias towards Joe as I just miss the calm quiet days where the focus was her music, other than a few sightings & interviews, but I do feel Joe was in a tough situation initially as he was virtually unknown at the start of their relationship (& even during for a lot of people) and had he started talking about her in interviews people would have said he was using her to get attention/fame. Heck people are already saying that about Travis & he’s much more famous than Joe has ever been. It’s also worth remembering that she never really spoke about him either, other than through her art. She wasn’t even really asked about him in interviews & I would think that’s because producers etc were told that was off limits (he’s not had that level of fame/power to make those conditions).

Taylor said in Miss Americana that in 2016 she fell in love with someone with a really normal upbringing and that they “decided together that they wanted that relationship to be private”. Joe gets so much stick now about the whole privacy thing but there was a time when it was what she wanted as well. It’s not his or her fault that eventually that didn’t work out for them or that she maybe changed her mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The tour photographer was taking candid photos as usual. I don’t see the big deal about this especially since all the fans were already filming them anyways.
This. And she actually ran up to catch that too, it wasn’t like it was this massive planned thing where he was waiting for her with open arms and the photographer focusing solely on that moment.

Are there some parts of it that make me roll my eyes? Yeah, sure it’s kinda cringe. The comparing Travis to Joe is also kind of grating, though I will say although folklore and evermore have been described as events about other people’s lives I do think there are certain songs that are autobiographical about that time in her life.

With the new relationship they both like the attention and I hope it doesn’t come back to bite them eventually. I will also say it was so nice to see Travis absolutely vibing to her performance and bring the same energy she brought to the games.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.