Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll be really surprised if there are any big changes.
Some of you were convinced we were getting a double 1989 album and look how that panned out

I meaaaan I still think she's going to announce something the first day of the tour 😂 🤡 I'll see myself out

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Yel

Sorry this is probably old news to many 😬. But Taylor and jack could never be as sensible and cool as Elvis Costello.

This video popped up and good to see someone with the knowledge explaining the nonsense of it all. Corporate lawyers shouldn't be allowed near music, along with many other things. Even if Olivia's team did go to jack and Taylor offering 50% royalties for déjà vu (which I really doubt) they should've refused it, even 0.5% royalties would be ridiculous. I won't mention Olivia again 😬🙏.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It doesn’t really seem like she’s been in rehearsals either? (To add new songs that need new choreography)
I assume they’d rehearse in LA and she’s been in New York mostly?
It was mentioned in reporting that the reason the she missed the last game was due to rehearsals, but I don’t know if that was just speculation. So I’ll keep clowning for now!

Reactions: 7
I think that for a major change to the set list there would probably have to be a lot more rehearsals. I reckon there will be a few surprises, but to the slower less choreographed numbers. I do see her adding yoyok to the main set though, to fully embrace the friendship bracelet thing (especially if things are going well with Travis).

Speak now definitely still needs beefing up so hopefully she'll keep long live, not to mention poor ol' debut, it could do with at least one song on the main set list. Maybe she'll add our song? Haven't a clue what she'll cut, but for me I could definitely get rid of tolerate it.

I meaaaan I still think she's going to announce something the first day of the tour 😂 🤡 I'll see myself out
I'm right here with you slugella - I'm a double album truther until Taylor says THERE IS NO DOUBLE ALBUM YOU IDIOTS. :LOL:
---
Re the tour lineup - I think there's also a possibility she could move the order she performs around. There's no reason she couldn't swap Red and Fearless, or bring Speak Now earlier. folklore and evermore can also go anywhere, though I think it makes sense to open with Lover, keep rep in the middle and end with Midnights being the most recent album.

I could see her losing tolerate it and tis the damn season (she cut it from the movie after all!), The Archer (same reason), and Midnights is not a new album anymore so she could cut that set down (I'd be happy to lose Mastermind and Vigilante tit, sorry chair dance lovers). I could see her adding Out Of The Woods, Red or State of Grace, Sparks Fly (I wish!!!), Last Kiss. I would love it so much if she added Is It Over Now but I can't rationalise it in my head lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Sorry this is probably old news to many 😬. But Taylor and jack could never be as sensible and cool as Elvis Costello.

This video popped up and good to see someone with the knowledge explaining the nonsense of it all. Corporate lawyers shouldn't be allowed near music, along with many other things. Even if Olivia's team did go to jack and Taylor offering 50% royalties for déjà vu (which I reallt doubt) they should've refused it, even 0.5% royalties would be ridiculous. I won't mention Olivia again 😬🙏.

This is really interesting, I never saw that from Costello! Honestly I understand giving credit where credit is due (see: Taylor, LWYMMD and Right Said Fred/Olivia, 1 step forward and Taylor, Jack) but just because Deja vu has a shouty bridge doesn’t mean it’s a Cruel Summer copy 😂

Reactions: 10
I adore tolerate it as a song but I wasn't keen on the performance on stage. Mainly because it messes with my own personal interpretation of the song (which I like to think is directed to a parental figure)

Reactions: 9
Speak now definitely still needs beefing up so hopefully she'll keep long live, not to mention poor ol' debut, it could do with at least one song on the main set list. Maybe she'll add our song? Haven't a clue what she'll cut, but for me I could definitely get rid of tolerate it.
I think she’s purposely leaving debut out, that re-record is basically going to be a completely new album with how her voice is now. Keeping it out of the set list keeps the mystery of what it’s going to sound like.

Reactions: 17
It doesn’t really seem like she’s been in rehearsals either? (To add new songs that need new choreography)
I assume they’d rehearse in LA and she’s been in New York mostly?
Yeah this is what makes me think that any big changes are really unlikely

I think any song with effort in choreography/transitions will be kept the same. Unless they have some trouble moving the set pieces for some reason

The set list has pretty perfect pacing wise until it gets to folklore I think. If she makes any changes I hope it’s there

Reactions: 4
Watching Troy/HTHAZE watch 1989 tour and honestly I forgot how triggering the annoying cutaways are
---
For changes, if there were any I feel like they could be next year? I think surprise songs reset 2024 also. But it seems like surprise song rules are out the window now 😂

Reactions: 5
I wonder how many rehearsals they do when a long break like this happens between shows. Do they just remember everything from every single time that they’ve done it? 😂 I’m assuming Taylor does some vocal exercises etc. leading up to a show.

Apparently rehearsals for rep were in Nashville. Or something. I was reading about it last night. Can't remember.

The choreography could be done in any studio area really. Wasn't one of her dancers/singers at the jets game?

Is she in Argentina now? With Arizona they rented the stadium for a couple of weeks beforehand to rehearse on the stage and obviously practice putting it up and down etc. Think that was rep also.

Reactions: 4
Apparently rehearsals for rep were in Nashville. Or something. I was reading about it last night. Can't remember.

The choreography could be done in any studio area really. Wasn't one of her dancers/singers at the jets game?

Is she in Argentina now? With Arizona they rented the stadium for a couple of weeks beforehand to rehearse on the stage and obviously practice putting it up and down etc. Think that was rep also.
According to the jet tracker (don’t judge!) she’s still in NY. I assume she will fly out Wednesday or even on Thursday

This is really interesting, I never saw that from Costello! Honestly I understand giving credit where credit is due (see: Taylor, LWYMMD and Right Said Fred/Olivia, 1 step forward and Taylor, Jack) but just because Deja vu has a shouty bridge doesn’t mean it’s a Cruel Summer copy 😂
I think the issue is that Olivia stupidly said that she wanted to make the bridge sound like cruel summer which opened up legal issues because it highlighted the similarities and made it clear that it was deliberate

Reactions: 15
I'm right here with you slugella - I'm a double album truther until Taylor says THERE IS NO DOUBLE ALBUM YOU IDIOTS. :LOL:
---
Re the tour lineup - I think there's also a possibility she could move the order she performs around. There's no reason she couldn't swap Red and Fearless, or bring Speak Now earlier. folklore and evermore can also go anywhere, though I think it makes sense to open with Lover, keep rep in the middle and end with Midnights being the most recent album.

I could see her losing tolerate it and tis the damn season (she cut it from the movie after all!), The Archer (same reason), and Midnights is not a new album anymore so she could cut that set down (I'd be happy to lose Mastermind and Vigilante tit, sorry chair dance lovers). I could see her adding Out Of The Woods, Red or State of Grace, Sparks Fly (I wish!!!), Last Kiss. I would love it so much if she added Is It Over Now but I can't rationalise it in my head lol.
tis the damn season was only “cut” from the movie because she didn’t play it at the filmed shows at all as she did no body no crime instead (and it made sense not to include that in the movie as it was only performed at a handful of venues).

I would sob if she cut it from the setlist - my joint fave off evermore

• Heart
Reactions: 6
tis the damn season was only “cut” from the movie because she didn’t play it at the filmed shows at all as she did no body no crime instead (and it made sense not to include that in the movie as it was only performed at a handful of venues).

I would sob if she cut it from the setlist - my joint fave off evermore
Me too!! Absolutely love it and was so surprised she had it on the set list 💛

Reactions: 2
Just Re: the girl gang thing. What is it people dislike so much about it? She's been friends with the majority of these women for years, whether or not the photos are orchestrated (probably, she's a brand, afterall) or not, she's spending time with genuine friends. I've seen people say it's giving off mean girl vibes, which feels like people are projecting their own insecurities, really.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.