Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't she say Folklore was fiction though? Or was that Evermore?
I think both are a mix of both. the last great american dynasty, my tears ricochet, mirrorball, seven, peace etc on folklore and long story short, right where you left me, it’s time to go and willow etc on evermore are all definitely rooted in truth and her own experiences. there’s definitely plenty of songs that are fictional though, more on evermore I think.

Reactions: 5
I think both are a mix of both. the last great american dynasty, my tears ricochet, mirrorball, seven, peace etc on folklore and long story short, right where you left me, it’s time to go and willow etc on evermore are all definitely rooted in truth and her own experiences. there’s definitely plenty of songs that are fictional though, more on evermore I think.
Just to add to this I think her saying they were fiction was her way of avoiding the “who is this song about” thing that comes with every album. In the long pond sessions it was kind of obvious that loads of them had at least parts of autobiography. That came across for the descriptions of This is me trying and hoax especially.

Reactions: 7
Just to add to this I think her saying they were fiction was her way of avoiding the “who is this song about” thing that comes with every album. In the long pond sessions it was kind of obvious that loads of them had at least parts of autobiography. That came across for the descriptions of This is me trying and hoax especially.
Yeah, I think she wanted to take a decided turn away from the ‘guessing game about my life’ thing and now she is leaning really hard into the ‘I write about fictional characters’, but in reality I think she still has a lot of autobiographical songs.

In fact, I think that a lot of her earlier work wasn’t entirely ‘real’, there were songs that were just stories like the stories on folklore and evermore, but it was easy and fun for her as a young woman/girl to dramatize her life… but now she knows she can’t write young love or breakup songs even though she still wants to… and she wants more privacy… so this is her strategy.

Reactions: 4
I cannot believe it’s been a year today since we were blessed with Folklore. That album is still jawdropping to me. Has anybody’s favourite song changed within the year? Mine was Betty upon release but it is probably TLGAD or Seven today.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I honestly can't pick a favourite! But it's definitely my favourite album (so far..?) I still remembering the chaos of noticing Taylor was uploading all those B&W photos to insta, that was a great day! But we really were spoiled with those 24 hour waits between announcement and release, November feels so long away!

My tears ricochet is the most beautiful song on the album in my opinion. However August is instant serotonin. 🥰

I love The Lakes on the extended version too.

Reactions: 8
I think I’ve listened to Mirrorball, the first verse and chorus of August and This is me trying every day since they came out.

• Heart
I LOVED folklore and still do; can’t believe it’s been a year. MTR is probably my fave one on the album.
Although not gonna get suckered in with the merch drops 😅 I love Taylor but I’ve been burned by her UK store now.

Reactions: 3
Still love folklore too, my fave of her albums. I can't pick a favourite song! The 1 was my favourite when the album came out.

Evermore is growing on me. When it was released I wasn't as mad about it as folklore but the past few months I've been listening to it a lot. Cowboy Like Me is incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I saw a thing on tik tok that said Taylor uses 'dancing' or 'dance' as a metaphor in her songs for 'relationship' and I cant unsee it now. Especially in Cowboy like me 🙈

You may all know this but I didnt.

Reactions: 2
The original version of The Lakes that Jack Antonoff spoke about earlier this week has just been put on streaming services. It’s beautiful.

Ive just this minute put it on @Em28_ 🥰

'I want to watch wysteria grow right over my bare feet cause I havent moved in years'

I *love* this lyric.

My favourite lyric is still the play on words of “I've come too far to watch some namedropping sleaze
Tell me what are my words worth” I think it’s absolutely stunning.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yikes, that sounds… genuinely terrible. The instrumental is overpowering her vocals completely and isn’t even sonically pleasant. Taylor was 100% right to say he needed to bring it down, glad they did.

Reactions: 3
I actually prefer the production on The Lakes that was released last year. Think the instrumentals is much more beautiful throughout it. The original gives me Lana Del Rey Young and Beautiful vibes.

A year on, here is my order from favourite to least favourite songs...it definitely switches up.

1. The Lakes
2. The Last Great American Dynasty
3. Mirrorball
4. August
5. Cardigan
6. Invisible String
7. Illicit Affairs
8. The One
9. Mad Woman
10. My Tears Ricochet
11. Peace
12. Betty
13. Seven
14. Hoax
15. This Is Me Trying
16. Epiphany

Taylor has posted a photo of herself in Portsalon in Donegal.

In other news, my 14 year old niece made me a lover-folklore inspired cake for my birthday (ignore the ugly table, cannot believe I don't have a better pic of it.. definitely not the best angle). Totally identifiable, but meh.
IMG-20210725-WA0000.jpg
20210719_190847.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Love the cake! When Taylor posted those photos I wondered where she was!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Daylight live from Paris is just amazing.

I once believed love would be burning red but it's golden 😭 that growth.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.