Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The two she has chosen so far very much makes it look like the more successful albums are getting targeted first. The order of the first two to me looks like the big ones will be released chronologically.

My point doesn’t change that she’s doing it for herself. That’s not really relevant to the point I made. It makes sense to follow the order they have gone in so far. 1989 should come after Fearless and Red for a variety of reasons.
not really, 1989 is by far her most successful album before folklore came out - you can find the figures online. She’s also said previously that literally every week she gets requests for shake it off, blank space etc to be used in tv adverts/films but she won’t say yes until she actually owns those songs & Scooter won’t make money from it.
Fearless & 1989 are the two that got her a Grammys big win so I actually think it was a big surprise that she went for Red next. Not to mention ALL the blatant clues/easter eggs she was putting out there for 1989

Reactions: 6
Red has some of her best songs in my opinion. The only song on it I skip is The Last Time and the one with Ed Sheeran.

I know everyone loves All Too Well but State of Grace is a masterpiece.

The two she has chosen so far very much makes it look like the more successful albums are getting targeted first. The order of the first two to me looks like the big ones will be released chronologically.

My point doesn’t change that she’s doing it for herself. That’s not really relevant to the point I made. It makes sense to follow the order they have gone in so far. 1989 should come after Fearless and Red for a variety of reasons.
You said re-recording them chronologically doesn’t mean she re-records all of them

The big ones are likely to be chronological (fearless,red,1989) but I don’t know what will be next.
However she’s going to re-record them all- that was the part of your post I was disputing because we know she’s re-recording them all but you stated otherwise.
I’m not disagreeing with the chronological order of her bigger albums in terms of the order of them being released

Reactions: 1
It wouldnt shock me if we get 1989 before Red despite the fact she has announced Red. Also the fact the new Spirited Away has Wildest Dreams shows it has been re-recorded.

I must say whatever order they are released in, it’s expensive work being a t swift fan at the moment 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she will release 1989 after Red, then speak now, then TS, then reputation. I could see reputation being last as it’s the most recent one so I don’t think would have the same excitement factor as it still feels so recent really!
I think also she can't do Rep until November 2022 because it has to be five years since the original release so there's a good chance it would be last for that reason anyway

Potentially she could be allowing tv/film to use her version of 1989 songs (like wildest dreams in spirit untamed) before the album is released so then she is benefiting from the re record without the pressure of a quick roll out.

I still feel/hope we might get a 1989 surprise drop. Part of me wondering did she announce Red as a curveball because swifties knew 1989 was next and she wanted one up on us 😅

Reactions: 3
Potentially she could be allowing tv/film to use her version of 1989 songs (like wildest dreams in spirit untamed) before the album is released so then she is benefiting from the re record without the pressure of a quick roll out.

I still feel/hope we might get a 1989 surprise drop. Part of me wondering did she announce Red as a curveball because swifties knew 1989 was next and she wanted one up on us 😅
This had occurred to me too. I don't think I've ever correctly predicted what she might do though.

Renegade sounds like 'the 1' meets 'long story short' to me (not lyrically, purely sonically).

Renegade sounds a bit like an Evermore cast off to me 😬 and I’m not a fan of Justin vernon turning up at the end of songs, didn’t like it in evermore the song either!

I love Renegade and I’m a really big fan of the back and forth during the bridge/end of the song. It flows really well from Long Story Short sonically and the lyricism is razor-sharp, I love how intricate the “future history” line is. She also has another song on their album called Birch and I’m interested to see how that sounds too.
I think Taylor has really found her writing team in Aaron Dessner, etc and I hope she finds a way to keep writing with them for a long time to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Her songs with Jack Antanoff are probably most of my favourites. I think theyre perfect together.

Reactions: 4
Her songs with Jack Antanoff are probably most of my favourites. I think theyre perfect together.
I adoreeee Jack but I do think some of his work with different artists are starting to sound the same. I hope Lorde's new album isn't going to sound the same as everything else he's been working on recently.

Reactions: 4
So I’ve seen that Adele and Taylor have apparently co-written a song together. Would be interesting to see which album it would go on if it’s true.

Would love to see them do some live shows together.
Seen taylor live and she's amazing obviously.
Seen the national live and they were fantastic.

Also want evermore long pond sessions!!! Come on Taylor!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.