Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bradshawsshoes101

VIP Member
I'm 48 and I bloody love her 🥰 this song is everything.....After listening to the ten minute version, I feel like dated Jake Gyllenhaal and he broke my heart, and I really want my scarf back.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Taylor has posted a photo of herself in Portsalon in Donegal.

In other news, my 14 year old niece made me a lover-folklore inspired cake for my birthday (ignore the ugly table, cannot believe I don't have a better pic of it.. definitely not the best angle). Totally identifiable, but meh.
IMG-20210725-WA0000.jpg
20210719_190847.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

calmyourritas

VIP Member
My boyfriend has just told me I need to turn Taylor Swift off now because I’ve been listening to her for 3 days solid and it’s getting silly… safe to say I’m packing his bags right now x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Saw this the other day along with the scooter-was-always-obsessed-with-taylor tweets. Not sure it's legit because I can't find that username anywhere. Comments below saying closure is about Kim then, but it's clearly about Scott because of all the heavy machinery clanging in the background.

I would say the real reason Kim dislikes Taylor is THIS photo. 😂 Not Taylor's greatest look, but sweet Jesus wtf was Kim thinking?

I think the worst part is that Kim's (visible) nips are in line with Taylor's belly button.

I'm short and have big boobs. Must make sure I don't stand beside tall people for this reason. 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Shes very fan focused though. Many musical artists arent despite them paying the bills.

Yes this is a business move from her, but why shouldnt it be, she deserves to make the money from her masters. Fans also getting a new TV is awesome.

Fwiw it sounds amazing 😍 I really hope it is about Alexander Skarsgaard.

I dont think any of her fans begrudge her re-releasing her albums at all and recognise why she is doing it.
I don’t think fans begrudge it nor should they, but it’s interesting how they digest and circulate certain narratives. Even the way they refer to “Scooter not getting any money”, like they were given the name and that’s an easy story to repeat and they now feel as though they are active participants in righting this big injustice… it’s a smart marketing move as it’s an easier story to remember if fans just see it as this one fight against one “bad man”, nevermind that Scooter sold the masters years ago and she obviously has motivations beyond him.

It’s hard to sell the concept of re-recordings and have fans buy them, and so she uses certain strategies to do so, and it ends not in fans realizing the huge commercial feat they perform to purchase re recordings en masse— but rather fans saying “She is doing this for us! She is treating us! Taylor is so good to us!” It’s actually… really fucking weird lol.

I also think it’s funny how clear it is that her fan interaction is solely a marketing tactic but fans think they are really friends. Taylor blatantly appears on platforms now just before a music release in order to get fans to start promoting and sharing her work but you see fans saying it’s because “she missed us!” Uh no, it’s a stage in a marketing strategy. She has her own friends and life. But there is labour she can easily ask of fans now but they don’t see it as such. It’s just interesting.

PeonyBlush

VIP Member
What struck me the most was just how young Sadie looks compared to Dylan to the point I felt uncomfortable watching them being intimate but that’s actually the whole point! Taylor was so young! You’re meant to feel uncomfortable! And Jake had no reason to date someone so much younger than him and if all the scenes are based on their real life relationship moments then it’s pretty clear Jake took advantage of Taylor and her age (considering he’s still dating young women too). The amount of gaslighting shocked me! He treated her so terribly. Dylan really embodied Jake in it too - his mannerisms, the way he spoke, his body language etc etc. Sadie was amazing too. The whole short film just broke my heart in all honestly! 😭

• Heart

Dove88

Original Red was an evidently broken hearted girl.

Taylor's Version is a woman with life experience looking back over it all, almost with a wry smile.

I love it.

openbook1

VIP Member
taylor was a bridesmaid for Lena Dunham last eeek.
I do not understand Taylor sometimes. Everything I have read about Lena is awful. In her book she admitted she "abused" her younger sister - when they were kids she put pebbles in her sister's vagina. The stuff she said in that book was so sick.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

at-the-disco

Chatty Member
i've never posted on this thread before but i can't even put into words how much Taylor and her music mean to me

her re-releasing fearless is like crack to me, i've been obsessed with her music since i was 13 and i'm now a 26 year old woman and like many of her fans i have grown up with using her music as a bible and as comfort. ALL the teenage angst, relationship drama and woes i felt when i was younger was completely captured by her lyrics and still are to this day

i even have a tattoo on my forearm of her lyrics in her handwriting from her 1989 polaroids 😂 she is just a huge part of my life i dont even care how sad it sounds!

i am so excited for this re-release and this new song tomorrow 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 14

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I had thought it was clear she would release them in chronological order. Never occurred to me it would be anything other than Red.
if it was going to be chronological, she'd have released self-titled first and Speak Now after Fearless

Reactions: 13

openbook1

VIP Member
I feel like post-rep Taylor is saying all the stuff she wanted to say when she was younger.

I always wondered that about her Ellen interview too. I remember specifically calling it out (without naming Ellen but talking about a slideshow of men). I always thought her lover interview in the purple dress was so awkward.
I am still seeing people say "well she sings about dating, what does she expect?"

Jesus Christ. She didn't date more people than a normal 20 year old and even if she did, so what? And she wrote songs about her love life... So what? So does Ed Sheeran, Adele, etc and they don't get half of the criticism Taylor does.

Taylor got picked on cause she was an easy target. She seemed meek and didn't want to clap back. Now she is calling them out on it, people are saying "she can't take a joke" etc. She can't win.

Reactions: 13

Polkadot123

VIP Member
Sooo I think Mr Perfectly Fine is just...fine. Maybe it will grow on me like You All Over Me. I think part of what it is, is that these vault songs were from when she was 15/16 and sound juvenile. I don't have the same memories or nostalgia to them as I do with Fearless album so I just feel no relation to them at all. I hope she releases vault songs from Red and 1989!
I just want the 10 minute version of all too well!!!

Loving that Sophie Turner dragged Joe Jones today. Taylor swift fan first, Mrs Jonas second.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Dove88

I only discovered folklore last night. What a masterpiece.

MTR and seven broke me.

• Heart

Dove88

'Cause I knew you
Steppin' on the last train
Marked me like a bloodstain
I knew you
Tried to change the ending
Peter losing Wendy
I knew you
Leavin' like a father
Running like water
And when you are young, they assume you know nothing

I'll never get over those lyrics

• Heart

Jerryhicks

I love Taylor Swift and am an absolute swifty and really love the political stance she’s taken in the last few years but I can’t help but think of the internalised misogyny she has within her also. I think someone mentioned in the previous thread about her female collaborations, how no female collab sings any verse/collab with her, they’re just background vocals as opposed to Ed Sheehan or Bon Iver who take equal partnerships in songs. Also I’m watching her live at the American Music Awards and she has two ballet dancers perform while she sings the song Lover, and they are completely under the spotlight, as in you can barely see them perform under the lighting. It’s like she chose to have the lighting on her playing piano rather than on the dancers portraying the emotion of the song . It reminds me of the backstage video of Shake It Off where she was trying on Pointe Shoes and all the ballerinas were encouraging her, I did ballet for 15 years and getting on pointe shoes takes serious work and dedication and she was there posing with them and they were all cheering her on, yet she was acting like she was such a bad dancer in the music video, I didn’t understand why she pretended to be so happy being a bad dancer when she was so eager to show how she can do the splits and try on professional pointe shoes 🤷‍♀️ I love Taylor but as much as she is trying to live this “men oppress women persona”, I think she has to recognise her own internalised misogyny . I mean hello, her whole Bad Blood video was a take down of Katy Perry (which she never took responsibility for, rather glorified the power she had in humiliating her i.e nominated for vmas etc...) I do love Taylor, but I wish she would take responsibility for her own doings rather then pin them on something else. The whole “media pitted me and Katy against eachother” narrative doesn’t sit will with me. She created that narrative, take control of that. I do love her but I don’t like the victim mentality she still holds.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
10 minute version 😭😭
I’m far too old for this fan girl shit but god I’ve always loved this song 😂

her lyrics are pure genius.
“you call me up again just to break me like a promise” will ALWAYS be one of the best lyrics ever.

• Heart