Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Up to Tell me why 💜 YBWM has been my fav so far (as if I don’t know these songs like the back of my hand anyway 🤣)

Reactions: 2
I listened to YBWM and it left me kind of flat. That song is my favourite ever Taylor song and it just didn't seem as emotional as the original. I really connected with the original and this one just seems like a theme tune to some 2000s show. Unpopular opinion I know.

Reactions: 3
I absolutely loved it. Fifteen, White Horse and The Best Day were my highlights. I’m still working out how I feel about the bonus tracks. I think the production of them is a little out of place on Fearless, it’s more of a pop sound than the rest of the record, I think? I don’t think any of the rerecords let me down, the most notable difference was definitely on YBWM, it sounded like a different song! I liked the harmonies in the chorus but don’t know how I feel about the difference overall yet.

Reactions: 4
It’s amazing - so uplifting and just hits me right in the heart. It’s so weird - it’s the same in so many ways but i know it’s not! I can hear tiny differences but to an untrained ear I don’t think you would!

Reactions: 5
On my third listen now. Its put me in such a good mood. Her voice has matured so wonderfully. Is she the best singer ever, no but I just love her slightly southern voice.

'But I miss screamin' and fightin' and kissin' in the rain' shes so cute.

Also the laugh in Hey Stephen ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Shes also done new lyric videos.
The one for best day has clips of her and her mum 😭😭😭

I was not NOT a mess at my desk today...

that last hallelujah in change 😭 I'm far too old to do the stan "proud of you" thing, but yeah

I feel a bit indignant that we've been deprived of mr perfectly fine for all this time! it will not leave my head!

loved to rediscover the few songs in the middle that for some reason I didn't listen to much - breathe, tell me why, you're not sorry

and that variety article saying they can't tell any difference in her voice - what? there are loads of very tiny, but very noticable differences

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was not NOT a mess at my desk today...

that last hallelujah in change 😭 I'm far too old to do the stan "proud of you" thing, but yeah

I feel a bit indignant that we've been deprived of mr perfectly fine for all this time! it will not leave my head!

loved to rediscover the few songs in the middle that for some reason I didn't listen to much - breathe, tell me why, you're not sorry

and that variety article saying they can't tell any difference in her voice - what? there are loads of very tiny, but very noticable differences
If you weren't a big listener of Fearless, I feel like you wouldn't notice the differences... but for someone like myself who is an avid Taylor fan, I certainly picked up on some. From the pitch she sings some songs into how she now pronounces words clearer - in fact, a few lyrics were clarified for me with the new versions, haha.

I think it is pretty brilliant. Some songs sound better in the original format, some of the young excitement is lacking. Yet, some sound better in her more mature voice and if I didn't know any different could have been released newly now.

I'm gonna rate whether I prefer the original (OR), Taylor's Version (TV) or both (b). Lol.

1. Fearless. (OR). I think the new version doesn't have the same youthfulness to it as the original. Still good though.
2. Fifteen. (B). The new version is like a wiser Taylor singing to her younger self.
3. Love Story. (TV).
4. Hey Stephen. (B). Again, love the youthfulness of the original but this new one is good too.
5. White Horse. (TV).
6. You Belong With Me. (OR). This version fell flat for me...and sounds a bit karaoke-ish.
7. Breathe. (TV). We can hear Colbie more!
8. Tell Me Why. (OR). I like the angst of the original. I also find the chorus a little...busy? The instruments seem to all blend together.
9. You're Not Sorry. (TV). I didn't like this song before but this version is GOOD.
10. The Way I Loved You. (B).
11. Forever and Always. (B).
12. The Best Day. (B). They sound identical. The new video made me emotional.
13. Change. (TV). WOW. Finally getting the vocals it deserves.
14. Jump Then Fall. (TV).
15. Untouchable. (TV). Already loved the original but this just makes it so much better.
16. Come In With The Rain. (TV). The instruments in this are gorgeous.
17. The Other Side Of The Door. (B). LOVE the original but the rerecording is good too.
18. Superstar. (TV). Much better in the new version. Made me feel emotional Taylor singing: "I'm no one special just another wide-eyed girl." Now she's the superstar!
19. Today Was a Fairytale. (TV).

I didn't properly listen to the new vault tracks yet...aside from Don't You which sounds very 1989. What do others think of the vault tracks? I've seen speculation that 1989 may be released this summer.

• Heart
Watching the episode of CSI she was in in honour of today.
Also features a remix of 'you're not sorry'

Bye bye baby was originally released/leaked and it was titled One thing (you can find it on youtube). Am I the only one who dislikes the lyric change?

Whats the lyric change? Or do you meant the title?
"I want you back but it's come down to nothing, and all you have is to walk away" to
"I want you back but it's come down to nothing, and all I have is your sympathy"

Reactions: 1
First listen I was very meh. Second listen I was hooked and I've had it on repeat ever since.

This always happens to me with her albums!

I’m only starting to appreciate the bonus tracks now. Don’t You is absolutely stunning, if a little pop sounding for Fearless.

I haven't listened to Fearless TV that much yet because my Dad passed away on Friday morning.

He was 78 and not in great health, but he caught covid in hospital just over a week beforehand. God love him, he had no chance against it. Still coming to terms with it. He didn't deserve this. The hospital only sent for us once he had passed. My mum had been speaking to them an hour earlier.

I dunno if I'll ever be able to listen to Epiphany again anyway.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I haven't listened to Fearless TV that much yet because my Dad passed away on Friday morning.

He was 78 and not in great health, but he caught covid in hospital just over a week beforehand. God love him, he had no chance against it. Still coming to terms with it. He didn't deserve this. The hospital only sent for us once he had passed. My mum had been speaking to them an hour earlier.

I dunno if I'll ever be able to listen to Epiphany again anyway.
Sending love to you 💞

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.