Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't listened to Fearless TV that much yet because my Dad passed away on Friday morning.

He was 78 and not in great health, but he caught covid in hospital just over a week beforehand. God love him, he had no chance against it. Still coming to terms with it. He didn't deserve this. The hospital only sent for us once he had passed. My mum had been speaking to them an hour earlier.

I dunno if I'll ever be able to listen to Epiphany again anyway.
Sending you and your family lots of love

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks folks. Don't want to bring down the thread. It is what it is. We aren't the only family to have been affected by this. Far, far from it. :(

I haven't listened to Fearless TV that much yet because my Dad passed away on Friday morning.

He was 78 and not in great health, but he caught covid in hospital just over a week beforehand. God love him, he had no chance against it. Still coming to terms with it. He didn't deserve this. The hospital only sent for us once he had passed. My mum had been speaking to them an hour earlier.

I dunno if I'll ever be able to listen to Epiphany again anyway.
Im so sorry Tigger :( that's so sad to hear. Take care xx

• Heart
On the TS front. All the songs and how much meaning they have on her life amazes me. I only found out last night that Getaway Car is about Tom Hiddleston and the fact he was a rebound from Calvin.

Reactions: 4
She was on a talk show last night and there were lots of hints that 1989 is coming next 💙💙💙💙💙

I also love “don’t you” and it sounds so much more mature than from an 18 year old. Jack Antonoff’s production makes it sound like a 1989 track.

Reactions: 6
My SO joined the UK army and went to Afghanistan when we were 18, 12 years on and I still don’t know the full picture of what happened there because he rarely speaks about it. I’m a doctor who has been in and out of Covid wards since last March - safe to say epiphany is something I can’t listen to with a dry eye, ever. It’s a beautiful song though.

It’s been a very very long shift and I listen to it when I need to sob. Very thankful in a weird, cathartic way that it exists. Love to all working through everything atm x

(Sorrry coming off a 24 hour shift and I’m emotional 😂😂(

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She was on a talk show last night and there were lots of hints that 1989 is coming next 💙💙💙💙💙

I also love “don’t you” and it sounds so much more mature than from an 18 year old. Jack Antonoff’s production makes it sound like a 1989 track.
Yes!
Obsessed with the 'stephen' mood board.

My SO joined the UK army and went to Afghanistan when we were 18, 12 years on and I still don’t know the full picture of what happened there because he rarely speaks about it. I’m a doctor who has been in and out of Covid wards since last March - safe to say epiphany is something I can’t listen to with a dry eye, ever. It’s a beautiful song though.

It’s been a very very long shift and I listen to it when I need to sob. Very thankful in a weird, cathartic way that it exists. Love to all working through everything atm x

(Sorrry coming off a 24 hour shift and I’m emotional 😂😂(
Epiphany is a masterpiece, no doubt about it. It has a hymn like ethereal quality. I have heard another doctor who I follow on insta echo your sentiments poster 😪

Reactions: 3
Im listening to Folklore today and My Tears Ricochet is such a beautiful song. Do we think its about Scott Borchetta / the masters.

Reactions: 6
Im listening to Folklore today and My Tears Ricochet is such a beautiful song. Do we think its about Scott Borchetta / the masters.
Yes, but so much of it ties in with Calvin too. Him being at her wake and her not being able to leave with grace. I think it's about both.

Yes, but so much of it ties in with Calvin too. Him being at her wake and her not being able to leave with grace. I think it's about both.
Interesting. She has spoken so little about CH and theres only a few songs that reference him. Will relisten again.

"Cursing my name, wishing I stayed" could be interpreted in so many different ways. I can definitely seeing it being about Scott - and him wishing Taylor had stayed with his label. But then I can also see it being about Calvin perhaps.

"You know I didn't want to have to haunt you" - again could be about Calvin in that he sees her name everywhere. But this line - to me anyway- suggests it was partially written with Scott in mind. Taylor didn't want to have to publicly go through all the drama but she had no choice

"You hear my stolen lullabies" - the first thing that comes to mind is the masters.

For me, I can see it being about Scott - but Taylor's lyric writing is so good that it can be used to describe any situation. I can 100% see why it would be seen as a break up song.

"Cursing my name, wishing I stayed" could be interpreted in so many different ways. I can definitely seeing it being about Scott - and him wishing Taylor had stayed with his label. But then I can also see it being about Calvin perhaps.

"You know I didn't want to have to haunt you" - again could be about Calvin in that he sees her name everywhere. But this line - to me anyway- suggests it was partially written with Scott in mind. Taylor didn't want to have to publicly go through all the drama but she had no choice

"You hear my stolen lullabies" - the first thing that comes to mind is the masters.

For me, I can see it being about Scott - but Taylor's lyric writing is so good that it can be used to describe any situation. I can 100% see why it would be seen as a break up song.
See, I wonder if Calvin ever proposed to her and she said no. Might be a stretch and the diamonds referenced could be her music, but she hints a lot at a refused proposal (in the one and champagne problems).

The bit about "you're the hero flying around saving face" to me is more about how Calvin reacted on twitter.

I don't believe she left big machine without grace, but it could definitely be said re hiddleswift and the Nils Sojberg thing.

Really? I always thought they were a bad publicity stunt.
Yep. It was a really short relationship too but apparently he had a ring and everything.

See, I wonder if Calvin ever proposed to her and she said no. Might be a stretch and the diamonds referenced could be her music, but she hints a lot at a refused proposal (in the one and champagne problems).

The bit about "you're the hero flying around saving face" to me is more about how Calvin reacted on twitter.

I don't believe she left big machine without grace, but it could definitely be said re hiddleswift and the Nils Sojberg thing.
ooh I never thought of that! I know that folklore and evermore have both included fictional elements but I wonder how many of the songs all together are reflective of her real life experiences?

Yep. It was a really short relationship too but apparently he had a ring and everything.

Oh wow I never knew it was that serious. I wonder if champagne problems is about this then if it is true?

ooh I never thought of that! I know that folklore and evermore have both included fictional elements but I wonder how many of the songs all together are reflective of her real life experiences?

Oh wow I never knew it was that serious. I wonder if champagne problems is about this then if it is true?
I dont think it was that serious for Taylor either tbf. I dont think theyre on bad terms now though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.