Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was with Taylor Lautner when he was 17 and she was 20, I think Harry was in his late teens while she was 22 or 23. I think there was another young guy too but I can't remember who. I don't really know what to make of it like. Personally I don't think I'd date someone younger than 20 as a now 21 year old. But they were calling her a pedalo which I don't think is fair at all as she clearly isn't one based on those age gaps.
A pedalo 😭

I don't think the Taylor lautner gap is awful but the Harry one is a little more odd as I don't think most people even think of dating a teenager at 22/23. I don't think it's fair to call her pedalo but it's odd behaviour.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A pedalo 😭

I don't think the Taylor lautner gap is awful but the Harry one is a little more odd as I don't think most people even think of dating a teenager at 22/23. I don't think it's fair to call her pedalo but it's odd behaviour.
Omg screaming does tattle correct it to that or am I just tit at proof reading? 😭 😭 Maybe after Taylor's very inappropriate relationship with John Mayer and Harry's with Caroline Flack's (I'd say they were both groomed), they didn't think the age gap was that weird as it looks to the general public. I always think of it in terms of school years - Harry could've still been in Sixth Form when Taylor was in her early 20s.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg screaming does tattle correct it to that or am I just tit at proof reading? 😭 😭 Maybe after Taylor's very inappropriate relationship with John Mayer and Harry's with Caroline Flack's (I'd say they were both groomed), they didn't think the age gap was that weird as it looks to the general public. I always think of it in terms of school years - Harry could've still been in Sixth Form when Taylor was in her early 20s.
Oh god it does have a filter on that word bc it autocorrected mine too! It's a bit icky when you think about it in school years to me!

Reactions: 3
Taylor also had a relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal when she was 20-21 and he was 29-30.

Just noticed... the Grammys don't appear to be on uk tv?!

RTE also not showing it. Think they normally do. 🤔

They must have been charging a fortune for it?? 4 music had it last year but it's not being shown. I know we can watch bits online, but it's still odd.

Taylor also had a relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal when she was 20-21 and he was 29-30.

They must have been charging a fortune for it?? 4 music had it last year but it's not being shown. I know we can watch bits online, but it's still odd.
Thats interesting, maybe they don’t get a lot of viewers so they didn’t want to buy it. As you said, it’ll all be online anyway.

Interested to see how it’s all set up and how many people will be there in person etc

I will be watching via a dodgy link online at a ridiculous hour of the night because I don't think its ever on UK TV until the day after 😅

I will be watching via a dodgy link online at a ridiculous hour of the night because I don't think its ever on UK TV until the day after 😅
It's not on, full stop.

4 music had it last year but aren't showing it this year. I think it used to be on ITV?

she didn't win any Grammys at all?
She won Album of the Year!

Oh I'm so happy for her, Folklore really was the album of the pandemic year.
Her performance was amazing too, the best alongside Doja and Megan imo. A lot of other performers were just... kinda there? lol

Reactions: 7
O
She won Album of the Year!

Oh I'm so happy for her, Folklore really was the album of the pandemic year.
Her performance was amazing too, the best alongside Doja and Megan imo. A lot of other performers were just... kinda there? lol
SO WELL DESERVED

So happy for folklore! I also really liked future nostalgia last year but obvs folklore was my winner. Also personally v happy that my top 3 Taylor albums are all AOTYs!

Was it just me or did most performances look totally lip synced/autotuned? Not just Taylor’s, but Cardi B, Doja Cat, Dua lipa. There was something off with the sound for Harry Styles too.

So happy for folklore! I also really liked future nostalgia last year but obvs folklore was my winner. Also personally v happy that my top 3 Taylor albums are all AOTYs!

Was it just me or did most performances look totally lip synced/autotuned? Not just Taylor’s, but Cardi B, Doja Cat, Dua lipa. There was something off with the sound for Harry Styles too.
I'm glad they awarded a whole bunch of people instead of letting one sweep. There were a lot of really good projects nominated this year, FN definitely deserved Pop Vocal Album (still can't get over the fact that they completely snubbed The Weeknd tho).

And yes, agreed. They probably wanted to make sure to get the best out of the performances they had, cause most of the performances we have seen in the last year were prerecorded or recorded multiple times.
Most performances were still boring as hell tho 😐 like... it's the Grammys and all you gonna do is stand on stage in a dress/suit and sing off-tune?

Reactions: 2
I'm glad they awarded a whole bunch of people instead of letting one sweep. There were a lot of really good projects nominated this year, FN definitely deserved Pop Vocal Album (still can't get over the fact that they completely snubbed The Weeknd tho).

And yes, agreed. They probably wanted to make sure to get the best out of the performances they had, cause most of the performances we have seen in the last year were prerecorded or recorded multiple times.
Most performances were still boring as hell tho 😐 like... it's the Grammys and all you gonna do is stand on stage in a dress/suit and sing off-tune?
Yeh same, it gets boring when one person wins everything. I feel really sorry for Billie Eilish though, this is the second year in a row she’s felt bad for winning. Probably cos of the crazy people on Twitter

Living for the Haylor interaction :love: dying to know what they were talking about though. Hopefully planning a little guest verse on Style??:sneaky:

Reactions: 5

I was kind of annoyed that Phoebe Bridgers didn't win Best New Artist, at least, but Megan Thee Stallion was a deserving winner too.

Reactions: 1
I think 2020 was such a strong year for music that so many albums and songs were equally deserving of awards but obviously not all of them could win. I think Folklore could've swept in other years but with a contender as strong as Future Nostalgia, you can't win 'em all. I wonder if/what Evermore will be nominated for and if she'll perform again seeing as she incorporated Willow into this year's performance. Also I was wondering if any of her new recordings would be elligible for awards. Do they just count as remasters even though she's fully re-recording the whole thing? I know they're going to be counted as brand new songs on spotify.

Yeh same, it gets boring when one person wins everything. I feel really sorry for Billie Eilish though, this is the second year in a row she’s felt bad for winning. Probably cos of the crazy people on Twitter
Yeah, I feel bad for Billie, she's young and rose to immense fame so quickly. Sure, maybe others would have deserved the awards just as much, but she didn't choose to win. If I was a musician or celebrity these days I would not be on social media, people are so bitter and miserable.

I was kind of annoyed that Phoebe Bridgers didn't win Best New Artist, at least, but Megan Thee Stallion was a deserving winner too.
This year there were too many deserving people nominated tbh! I would have loved to see Chloe x Halle win something, their album is so so good.

I think 2020 was such a strong year for music that so many albums and songs were equally deserving of awards but obviously not all of them could win. I think Folklore could've swept in other years but with a contender as strong as Future Nostalgia, you can't win 'em all. I wonder if/what Evermore will be nominated for and if she'll perform again seeing as she incorporated Willow into this year's performance. Also I was wondering if any of her new recordings would be elligible for awards. Do they just count as remasters even though she's fully re-recording the whole thing? I know they're going to be counted as brand new songs on spotify.
Evermore is largely being treated as a B-side to Folklore, so I don't see it winning anything. Although I hope she submits it and it gets some nominations at least.
Re-recordings are eligible, but the question is if she'll submit them (my bet is no). She already won one of the big categories three times in a short amount of time and trying to win with basically the same album twice is tacky imo. It would make her look greedy.

Reactions: 9
This year there were too many deserving people nominated tbh! I would have loved to see Chloe x Halle win something, their album is so so good.
Ungodly Hour is soooo good. I was hoping they'd win one of their categories. I enjoyed Phoebe's album but Fetch The Bolt Cutters was a clear winner for me - that album is bloody phenomenal, I love Fiona so much. What do they even count as a new artist because Phoebe and Doja released pretty heavily streamed music in 2018. The Grammys are so weird idk how they decide eligibility for these things. And yeah tbh I agree it would be tacky for Taylor to re-submit the same album.

Different versions of songs are definitely eligible. Beyonce won a Grammy for best pop vocal (I think) for a live version of Halo a couple of years after Halo came out.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.