Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't wait to see her Grammy's performance.

More exciting news... Wildest Dreams re-record.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This confirms suspicions that she is recording then releasing 1989 after Fearless, as those two are the most commercially viable and streamable. After that she will likely do Red, and then I imagine take her time with the other albums.

Reactions: 7
I love Wildest Dreams. It’s like she’s combined the original version, the dreamy Bridgerton orchestral version and the heavier drum beat of the radio one and mixed them all together. Stunning.

Also tickled me that the film it’s featured in is starring Jake Gyllenhaal 😂

Also, what are everyone’s predictions for the Grammy performance, considering she’s got 34 new songs to choose from? I’m putting all my money on an August/Betty/Cardigan mash up.

Reactions: 6
I think there'll be a surprise Justin Vernon addition, so we'll get exile and cardigan. Dunno what else. She could maybe throw in a mash up with something old. Her performance was described as ambitious, but i can't think of anything from folklore that would suit a big production? Could just be the set though. Or orchestra. Can't wait.

Oh and the big question is... is she gonna walk the red carpet with Joe??! As a co-collaborator she can hardly leave him at home or get him sneaking in the side door? See what I did there?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I can’t imagine Justin Vernon turning up. I think he’s chosen to step out of the limelight, hence not wanting to show his face during the Long Pond show.

Reactions: 1
I’m assuming it will be a Cardigan-August-Betty thing, telling the story of the love triangle in that sense, hence his comments about the performance being ambitious/interesting whatever. I imagine it will involve some visual storytelling, etc. Taylor will somehow be all three characters. It allows her to showcase some of what she was trying to do with folklore.

Reactions: 2
I’m assuming it will be a Cardigan-August-Betty thing, telling the story of the love triangle in that sense, hence his comments about the performance being ambitious/interesting whatever. I imagine it will involve some visual storytelling, etc. Taylor will somehow be all three characters. It allows her to showcase some of what she was trying to do with folklore.
Great idea... almost too great. If this is spot on I'm gonna assume you're an insider. 🤔😂

I'm confused... Taylor's record company sold her masters.. Is that right? And she was refused permission to buy them back in her own right and now she is rerecording all her old work for new release... Just wondering how is this not copyright infringement if she doesn't own the rights 🧐 and will she not be sued by scooter for doing this..

I'm confused... Taylor's record company sold her masters.. Is that right? And she was refused permission to buy them back in her own right and now she is rerecording all her old work for new release... Just wondering how is this not copyright infringement if she doesn't own the rights 🧐 and will she not be sued by scooter for doing this..
She could have earned them back (one by one) if she'd stayed on with Big Machine, but as this tied her to another 6 albums with them she decided to move on. Legally she has been allowed to rerecord since Nov 2020.

She doesn't own the rights to the recordings, but she does own the rights to the songs (the composition) as she (co-)wrote all of them.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-13 um 21.05.00.png

Source: https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/music-rights/copyright-for-musicians/

Reactions: 3
I think the age gaps are a BIT questionable but I think in the celebrity world, all of these young stars will have hung out in the same circles or worked together so maybe the age was less of a factor as it would be if a sixth former in the UK was dating a 23 year old. When you factor in all of the other relationships she’s been in, it’s clear to see that she doesn’t sought out boys who are majorly younger than her. I don’t want to sound dismissive of predatory behaviour that does happen in relationships where the age gaps are like those but it’s up to harry or taylor to call her out if they felt manipulated by her.

I've also seen a bit of uproar regarding teen characters in tv shows making references to the number of relationships she’s been in. I can’t tell her not to be offended because it’s her name they’re using but I also think it is peak Taylor to call out things like this because it directly affects her but for a lot of other issues, she remains silent. While the obsession with her relationship count had a big element of misogyny attached to it, it was also to do with the fact that she was dating fellow celebrities - people are obviously more invested in celebs dating celebs than if she dated 10 men from office and retail jobs. The characters in the shows she criticised were imperfect teenagers making the same pop culture references we were all making in 2014. I also think the people including myself who were making comments about the number of relationships she was in at the time have matured and realised it really wasn’t an obscure amount.
what were the age gaps? i'm not a die hard taylor fan but i do like some of her music. i was sad to see that the two young actresses in ginny and georgia were getting a lot of hate after taylor called the show out. i understand what she meant but i did think it was unfair to the actresses/actors in the show to have that sort of negative image thrown at them.

am i the only one who thinks getaway car and delicate are way too overhyped? they're just eh for me
i love delicate i think it's a stunning song but i actually prefer the version jacob maxwell did on the voice *runs away*

what were the age gaps? i'm not a die hard taylor fan but i do like some of her music. i was sad to see that the two young actresses in ginny and georgia were getting a lot of hate after taylor called the show out. i understand what she meant but i did think it was unfair to the actresses/actors in the show to have that sort of negative image thrown at them.

i love delicate i think it's a stunning song but i actually prefer the version jacob maxwell did on the voice *runs away*
She was with Taylor Lautner when he was 17 and she was 20, I think Harry was in his late teens while she was 22 or 23. I think there was another young guy too but I can't remember who. I don't really know what to make of it like. Personally I don't think I'd date someone younger than 20 as a now 21 year old. But they were calling her a pedalo which I don't think is fair at all as she clearly isn't one based on those age gaps.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.