Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
am i the only one who thinks getaway car and delicate are way too overhyped? they're just eh for me
I love it but the sound feels random on reputation.
I also wish it was a bigger production on tour. Cheesy but a flying car would be amazing 🤪

I love it but the sound feels random on reputation.
I also wish it was a bigger production on tour. Cheesy but a flying car would be amazing 🤪
hahahaha, a flying car going over the crowd! I felt the tour production of Getaway Car was so lowkey when it deserved a big bang.

Reactions: 3
hahahaha, a flying car going over the crowd! I felt the tour production of Getaway Car was so lowkey when it deserved a big bang.
Oh no I loved the tour production. It was so colourful.

Just randomly thinking about the number of songs that seem to reference the 2016 Met Gala. Getaway Car, Mirrorball, Dress... are there any others? Possibly DWOHT and Gorgeous?

And yes, the slut shaming... when I was in my early 20s I had at least one love interest in every part of my life simultaneously. My friendship group, my uni classes, my hometown, my friend's boyfriend's friends, my friend's brother's friends... my first proper jobs etc etc.

She didn't end up marrying any of the first 10 blokes she kissed and it's like she's some sort of desperado/man eater.

But she's different because she'll put you in a song? When you think of the percentage of songs written throughout the history of music that in some way about love/sex/relationships... it's probably at least 50%? But nobody other than her would choose to write/embellish from real life experiences? 🤔

Slightly related... I was encouraged to watch that Netflix show she's pissed about because the young boy in it looks VERY like my son (who is also a huge Swiftie). Haven't seen it yet, but I did Google the wee lad and it's pretty uncanny.

Reactions: 5
Oh no I loved the tour production. It was so colourful.

Just randomly thinking about the number of songs that seem to reference the 2016 Met Gala. Getaway Car, Mirrorball, Dress... are there any others? Possibly DWOHT and Gorgeous?
What's the significance of the met gala 2016..just out of curiosity x

It's where she met Joe Alwyn for the first time.
And where she was filmed having some sort of dance off with Tom Hiddleston.

What's the significance of the met gala 2016..just out of curiosity x

I don't think that there's any evidence of her interacting with Joe that night but they were both in attendance and she references her hair being bleached and him having a buzz cut (which he did on that night) in Dress.

Not the best look on either of them.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
And where she was filmed having some sort of dance off with Tom Hiddleston.

I don't think that there's any evidence of her interacting with Joe that night but they were both in attendance and she references her hair being bleached and him having a buzz cut (which he did on that night) in Dress.

Not the best look on either of them.
In her song where she says 'went home and tried ti stalk you on the Internet'
Someone on tiktok worked out there was one search for Joe Alwyn in that night!

The whole hiddleswift thing was just bizarre.this pic just cracks me up

Attachments

• Haha
In her song where she says 'went home and tried ti stalk you on the Internet'
Someone on tiktok worked out there was one search for Joe Alwyn in that night!

The whole hiddleswift thing was just bizarre.

Haha, this was the tweet:

1614692439219.png

(I don't think it's legit, but funny nonetheless)

• Haha
Dunno if anyone dabbles in stan twitter but it’s all kicking off. Some Taylor stans accused a load of black artists (Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kendrick and more, not sure why they only targeted black artists🤔) of appropriating Asian culture so in retaliation, their fans are pulling out receipts of the age gaps when Taylor was dating Harry and Taylor L to ‘cancel’ her and call her a predator.....

Reactions: 1
Dunno if anyone dabbles in stan twitter but it’s all kicking off. Some Taylor stans accused a load of black artists (Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kendrick and more, not sure why they only targeted black artists🤔) of appropriating Asian culture so in retaliation, their fans are pulling out receipts of the age gaps when Taylor was dating Harry and Taylor L to ‘cancel’ her and call her a predator.....
i saw it as well, they also call selena a paedophile for having dated jb who is younger than her. they love throwing words around without actually knowing the meaning of them. can't wait for the day stan twitter goes extinct. such a nasty toxic bunch of people.

Reactions: 6
i saw it as well, they also call selena a paedophile for having dated jb who is younger than her. they love throwing words around without actually knowing the meaning of them. can't wait for the day stan twitter goes extinct. such a nasty toxic bunch of people.
I think the age gaps are a BIT questionable but I think in the celebrity world, all of these young stars will have hung out in the same circles or worked together so maybe the age was less of a factor as it would be if a sixth former in the UK was dating a 23 year old. When you factor in all of the other relationships she’s been in, it’s clear to see that she doesn’t sought out boys who are majorly younger than her. I don’t want to sound dismissive of predatory behaviour that does happen in relationships where the age gaps are like those but it’s up to harry or taylor to call her out if they felt manipulated by her.

I've also seen a bit of uproar regarding teen characters in tv shows making references to the number of relationships she’s been in. I can’t tell her not to be offended because it’s her name they’re using but I also think it is peak Taylor to call out things like this because it directly affects her but for a lot of other issues, she remains silent. While the obsession with her relationship count had a big element of misogyny attached to it, it was also to do with the fact that she was dating fellow celebrities - people are obviously more invested in celebs dating celebs than if she dated 10 men from office and retail jobs. The characters in the shows she criticised were imperfect teenagers making the same pop culture references we were all making in 2014. I also think the people including myself who were making comments about the number of relationships she was in at the time have matured and realised it really wasn’t an obscure amount.

Anyone else think Bad Blood is one of her worst songs? I am listening to 1989 and Bad Blood is God awful. However... How You Get The Girl has grown on me and it's not the best 😂😂.
I also think End Game, Ready For It, LWYMMD and Gorgeous are atrocious.

Still don't get why New Romantics was a bonus song. At. All.

I love his cover of 1989 too.
Shake it off is one of the worst

WANEGBT makes me cringe. Always has. Always will. Its so bad.
I second this.
Shake It Off is a bop imo. It's a masterpiece compared to her other ""fun"" songs like Me, yntcd, wanegbt or tiwwchnt (these long ass titles already piss me off). Lwymmd gets a pass because I consider the lyrics and the video satire.☝

WANEGBT makes me cringe. Always has. Always will. Its so bad.
It's genius.

I second this.
Shake It Off is a bop imo. It's a masterpiece compared to her other ""fun"" songs like Me, yntcd, wanegbt or tiwwchnt (these long ass titles already piss me off). Lwymmd gets a pass because I consider the lyrics and the video satire.☝
Shake it off made her hugely famous. But I kinda hate it now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.