Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else listened to The Ringer podcasts where they go through every album?

I did really enjoy it, but I did find there wasn’t much talking about the actual songs, a few get mentioned but I was looking forward to their actual opinion on each track. They tend to focus a lot more on producers, what’s not so good and also Taylor in popular culture and how she was perceived at the time of each album. If they ever read this, we need more song critique!!

Has anyone else listened to The Ringer podcasts where they go through every album?

I did really enjoy it, but I did find there wasn’t much talking about the actual songs, a few get mentioned but I was looking forward to their actual opinion on each track. They tend to focus a lot more on producers, what’s not so good and also Taylor in popular culture and how she was perceived at the time of each album. If they ever read this, we need more song critique!!
Yep I did (I’m up to the folklore one). I didn’t mind about the song critique tbh because I’ve listened to soo many Taylor podcasts that do that 😅

Yep I did (I’m up to the folklore one). I didn’t mind about the song critique tbh because I’ve listened to soo many Taylor podcasts that do that 😅
Can you recommend any other podcasts about her music that are more about the actual songs than her life like the Ringer is?

I did listen to it. I enjoyed it til they really started ripping in to Joe? I don’t mind him but they were making fun of his career - and Taylor Launtner too - and it felt so weird so I kinda switched off after that! Totally agree about the song critique too

I saw that a stalker broke into Taylor's NYC apartment again last week. She has not been there for a while it seems. It makes me wonder if she keeps it as a "bait" property as the address is so public and the building easy to access. Poor her. It must be terrifying have so many insane men obsess over you. Her fathers FB page is very public which is how they also keep tabs on stalkers as they message him. One said they'd take out her whole family and her.

There was another crazy guy in 2018 who broke into the NYC place and took a shower and slept in her bed 🤮. He went to jail for 6 months but then when released broke into her place again.

It makes me shudder seeing photos of her walking out of her NYC apartment as it reminds me of John Lennon. Hopefully nothing bad happens to her. She said she carries army grade clot tape on her for stab or shot wounds though.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Can you recommend any other podcasts about her music that are more about the actual songs than her life like the Ringer is?
Ok so for podcasts by music critics:

🔵New York Times Popcast
🔵Rolling Stone music now
🔵Billboard must hear podcast (rep track by track only). They also have other Billboard podcasts where they have Taylor stuff but I can’t work out all of them so better to google.

(For the first two you’ll have to scroll to find the Taylor eps but they usually do one for each album (not sure how old the podcasts are so they might only be from rep onwards - there’s also some special Taylor eps they’ve done - linked below)

Rob Sheffield’s ultimate ranking: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...now-podcast-the-case-for-taylor-swift-201656/

Special on RED: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/500-greatest-albums-podcast-taylor-swift-red-1090540/

Fan podcasts:

🟡Swiftish
🟡Holy Swift

They both do eps on each song but they’re fans so go more into the meaning of lyrics (especially Swiftish) and Holy Swift talks more about who it’s about and the videos etc. They can get a bit annoying if you listen to too many 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Was anyone else expecting a third album today? The TikTok theories were so convincing and I really thought they were on to something. Now I feel like a 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Was anyone else expecting a third album today? The TikTok theories were so convincing and I really thought they were on to something. Now I feel like a 🤡
There's still time. I think it unlikely though.

Boo. Taylor is so lazy.
:cautious::rolleyes::confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve barely slept! I was convinced we’d wake up to one this morning. Trying not to be disappointed as we’ve been so lucky.

• Sad
Surely she’s seen everyone talking about it? I wonder how she feels seeing everyone so disappointed

Reactions: 1
Surely she’s seen everyone talking about it? I wonder how she feels seeing everyone so disappointed
i mean swifties set themselves up every few days, it's nothing new. 😭 i guess it's Taylor's own fault for starting with the easter eggs in the first place, but she literally said there will be no third album. she's also clearly busy recording and releasing the rerecordings right now.

Reactions: 5
Guys, Google Taylor Swift Woodvale. On the official Taylor Swift store there is space for a collection called Woodvale. Third album might be on it's way after all!!

Guys, Google Taylor Swift Woodvale. On the official Taylor Swift store there is space for a collection called Woodvale. Third album might be on it's way after all!!
it’s an old link apparently 😟 she called some of the merch woodvale during evermore/willow merch (as a joke about the misprint)

Reactions: 1
I actually fell for it. The fact that in the Cowboy Like Me lyric video the clock was set to 4:30 (April 30) convinced me 😂😂

Im still fuming 🤣 bloody Taylor and her easter eggs.

Maybe we asked for too much? 🥲

Omgggg not Tay breaking her silence to post about another persons album 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.