Taylor Swift #2 Look What You Made Her Do (Taylor’s Version)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where does this thread stand on gaylor/emily/kaylor/swiftgron?
Not real, it was kind of funny back in the day but got out of hand with Kaylor. The whole thing rests on fans putting together puzzle pieces they think they’ve found (one of the reasons I hate the whole ‘Easter egg’ thing she does now) and they start to see things that aren’t there. I used to kind of indulge in the Emily and Dianna stuff because why not, but I find it all a bit too much now. The timelines for all these relationships never add up and it’s wishful thinking. She was super close with Dianna for a short time but it was kind of a weird phase for her anyway and she had some weird friends at the time. Taylor tends to get very intense and focused around people (relationships and friendships), and then she will end it abruptly. I think she gets (or used to get— she is likely more mature now) infatuated with people and with the idea of people but that doesn’t necessarily last.

Also, even during the height of the Taylor/Karlie public friendship back in the 1989 days, I never really bought that they were that close even as friends. I think they were definitely friends, but not like best friends on a super intimate level. I think Karlie especially always had her own crowd and Taylor was kind of like a work friend.

Reactions: 4
I'm not ruling out her having had flings with women, but definitely don't believe her relationships with Joe, Calvin, Harry etc were fake.

Re wonderland, it's entirely possible it's about Diana and it's entirely possible she's not the only person who uses Alice in Wonderland references.

I always find the “she’s secretly gay and these are her exes” thing a bit strange tbh (for any celebrity). I can’t really understand why people are intent on assigning someone a sexuality. If she said she’s straight, then I’ll take her word for it until she says otherwise.
I just pray that in the future this isn’t turned around and gay celebs are accused of being secretly straight! 😅

Reactions: 11
one of the secret sessioners said that when she explained getaway car, she said she’d been trying to get out of a situation for months. Not sure how true that is but I can imagine Calvin being a horrible boyfriend
He seems like a real jackass. How's a grown man gonna throw a fit like that on twitter and start arguing with stans... i think he also had a thing with Rita Ora and after they broke up he didn't let her perform the music they made together??
With Calvin I always felt like he just fit the image Taylor wanted to have at that time, i.e. shiny popstar at the top of the world with a 'cool' DJ boyfriend whose music is also really popular. Idk if I remember this correctly, was Calvin the one who planted an Olive tree in her backyard? Just cannot imagine that at all if he's also the boyfriend she's referencing in Georgeous lol

He seems like a real jackass. How's a grown man gonna throw a fit like that on twitter and start arguing with stans... i think he also had a thing with Rita Ora and after they broke up he didn't let her perform the music they made together??
With Calvin I always felt like he just fit the image Taylor wanted to have at that time, i.e. shiny popstar at the top of the world with a 'cool' DJ boyfriend whose music is also really popular. Idk if I remember this correctly, was Calvin the one who planted an Olive tree in her backyard? Just cannot imagine that at all if he's also the boyfriend she's referencing in Georgeous lol
Ye Calvin was the olive tree. And she had a print on her wall that said somehig like 'you have successfully implanted yourself in my mind' or something like that that Calvin had said to her. He was the first BF she really spoke openly about, attended things with and featured on her insta.

I think she was definitely more in love with the idea of him than him as a person. She liked having a cool, hot boyfriend while she was the hottest pop star in the world. It helped too that it was a long term relationship so she could fight back against the “she can’t keep a man” headlines. I also think that’s why there’s no songs about him; there wasn’t a lot of substance to the relationship and when they broke up she realised that she wasn’t actually that in love with him. She forgot that he existed, literally.

Reactions: 7
whenever i listen to dance wiv me i find it hilarious that that calvin (kind of dorky) was once taylor swift's bf

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Calvin def had a glow up 😂 he went from a boy dj-ing in his bedroom to this superstar making ££££ from club sets

Reactions: 6
Just realized that the line in Gorgeous I was thinking of didn't make it into the song. It was "I got a boyfriend he's older than us, I haven't seen him in a couple of months."

Also "I go through phases when it comes to love" no clue what that means but same sister! (This is from the Making of a Song series)

Just realized that the line in Gorgeous I was thinking of didn't make it into the song. It was "I got a boyfriend he's older than us, I haven't seen him in a couple of months."

Also "I go through phases when it comes to love" no clue what that means but same sister! (This is from the Making of a Song series)
I thought "I go through phases when it comes to love" could be about being bisexual, at least I have seen bi people say they relate to that lyric. Her hair in the YNTCD video was the colours of the bisexual flag.

My thoughts on her relationships...
Joe Jonas - PR, they were both young upcoming stars.
John Mayer - maybe real, they were never really seen together publically. I also think it is possible that Taylor saw him as a mentor and that he was a total dick to her.
Jake G: Not sure... he has a lot of rumours about being gay himself and in a relationship with his best friend. In fact, Maggie Gyllanhall, his sister was asked during an interview about Taylor's scarf ("left my scarf at your sister's house") a few years ago and she had no idea what the interviewer was talking about and says she's had a few people ask and doesn't know what they mean.
Harry: PR. To make his name known Stateside and her's in the UK (this was around the time Red came out).
Calvin: Real? Although after they broke up, he tweeted about he had been advised to grow a "beard" to up his chances of getting a Grammy and then said that it proved successful and now the beard was gone. Some thought that was about Taylor.
Tom H: PR. The whole Kimye/Calvin breakup had just happened and I think she wanted to distract from that although it backfired as she looked a bit like a fool travelling around the world with him with organised paparazzi shots...the paparazzi don't just lurk in Rome lol.
Joe: Maybe real. Although I could see him also being a companion.

Reactions: 2
I thought "I go through phases when it comes to love" could be about being bisexual, at least I have seen bi people say they relate to that lyric. Her hair in the YNTCD video was the colours of the bisexual flag.

My thoughts on her relationships...
Joe Jonas - PR, they were both young upcoming stars.
John Mayer - maybe real, they were never really seen together publically. I also think it is possible that Taylor saw him as a mentor and that he was a total dick to her.
Jake G: Not sure... he has a lot of rumours about being gay himself and in a relationship with his best friend. In fact, Maggie Gyllanhall, his sister was asked during an interview about Taylor's scarf ("left my scarf at your sister's house") a few years ago and she had no idea what the interviewer was talking about and says she's had a few people ask and doesn't know what they mean.
Harry: PR. To make his name known Stateside and her's in the UK (this was around the time Red came out).
Calvin: Real? Although after they broke up, he tweeted about he had been advised to grow a "beard" to up his chances of getting a Grammy and then said that it proved successful and now the beard was gone. Some thought that was about Taylor.
Tom H: PR. The whole Kimye/Calvin breakup had just happened and I think she wanted to distract from that although it backfired as she looked a bit like a fool travelling around the world with him with organised paparazzi shots...the paparazzi don't just lurk in Rome lol.
Joe: Maybe real. Although I could see him also being a companion.
I think none of her relationships were PR and I truly believe she’s straight but it is so fun to read the theories!

Reactions: 5
I think most relationships real and potentially bi.

Coming from a country music/conservative background it would be entirely plausible that she didnt want to say publically that she was bi sexual.

Even the documentary Miss Americana showed that even aligning democrat was thought to be a 'bad move' for her.

She does seem v pro LGBTQ rights and tweeting about it a lot.

It doesnt really matter, its her business after all.

Reactions: 6
Who do you think Superstar is about? I am wondering if it's John Mayer. Some of the guitar playing is similar to his style... The same way she "copied" his style of guitar playing in Dear John.

Who do you think Superstar is about? I am wondering if it's John Mayer. Some of the guitar playing is similar to his style... The same way she "copied" his style of guitar playing in Dear John.
John Mayer, but also lots of her early stuff was just stories and ideas and tropes not really connected to her life, kind of similar to how she is writing now.

But yeah Superstar is pretty much John Mayer... I was a fan back then when she was completely obsessed with him for a long time, it fits the idolization she had for him.

Reactions: 1
Came to this thread and was listening to Superstar. Spooky. Definitely John Mayer. Still find that age gap super icky 🥴

RE John Mayer: She’s still not as old as he was when they dated, which is so gross.

Reactions: 5
My guess is that Champagne Problems is about Taylor Lautner as it gives me strong Back to December vibes and there were rumours back then about him proposing and her turning it down

My guess is that Champagne Problems is about Taylor Lautner as it gives me strong Back to December vibes and there were rumours back then about him proposing and her turning it down
Weren't they like... super young? She has stated several times that she now writes a lot of her songs about fictional characters (sometimes even inspired by books she has read, etc) so I wouldn't be so quick to relate that song to a brief relationship she had almost a decade ago.

Reactions: 8
Whoever it is was born in Arkansas, if the original demo is anything to go by. Unless she was writing really random lyrics at the time.
The line “I’m invisible and everyone knows who you are”, was first “I know you were born in Arkansas”

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.