Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Katie8ee Yes it was really good! it's a shame it's not been renewed :(

@Bastion I'm sorry I missed your replies there.

That sounds so so hard to cope with but I can kind of empathise on a smaller scale, I worry about all those sorts of things too ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

That sounds so so hard to cope with but I can kind of empathise on a smaller scale, I worry about all those sorts of things too ❤
It's fantastic and I love Jonathan Groff 😍

@Bastion if you have netflix and need new crime documentaries you can use the special code which gives you all that are available. On your main screen it only shows so many based on your viewing history.

So if you put in www.netflix.com/browse/genre/9875 that's the page with every crime doc on fhe platform! I just watched Murder Among The Mormons for the second time, it's very good.

I am off to sleep lovelies as my wee eyes are going together. My little village will be waking up soon and I haven't even went to bed 😂 night night x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Since being put on duloxetine my life has been so different. I only get anxiety in really stressful situations now. I think I said before that no amount of therapy ever got rid of my anxiety, it would lessen it but it never went away. It was exhausting waking up each day with a heavy feeling in my chest and always close to tears or explosions of anger. I thank my lucky stars that I found a medication that worked for me and I wake up each morning looking forward to the day (even now with all this tit from work) xx

It's fantastic and I love Jonathan Groff 😍

@Bastion if you have netflix and need new crime documentaries you can use the special code which gives you all that are available. On your main screen it only shows so many based on your viewing history.

So if you put in www.netflix.com/browse/genre/9875 that's the page with every crime doc on fhe platform! I just watched Murder Among The Mormons for the second time, it's very good.

I am off to sleep lovelies as my wee eyes are going together. My little village will be waking up soon and I haven't even went to bed 😂 night night x
Ooh, thanks so much for the tip.

Sweet dreams honey. I guess I should try to get some sleep too 💋

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Morning all💖 *wheels in breakfast trolley with extra strong coffee, exciting array of herbal tea & waffles with maple syrup as fancied a bit of stodge today🤣*

@Penguin86 do you have anything like mint gaviscon that might help with that? 🌈💕💖 - have some brekkie from trolley, it'll make a good shart to the day.......

@GoLibrarianPoo all good thank you😘 I turned everything off got mum safely into bed & took to my quarters with a jodi Taylor book which guarantees me a good laugh 👍🌈🫂💕💖

Thank you @TicTacToc we all got diff things that sound hard to others I guess everything is I am very lucky in many ways just once in a while I lose perspective😘💖💕

@Ena Sharples interested in your theory I've always thought those who proclaim they're righteous to be worst. And when a mechanic or builder says "I won't do you over" you can guarantee they will.... The day we stop learning & bettering ourselves is day we drop👍😘🌈🫂💖

@Bastion my heart aches for you, have been there. 20 yrs, the last few I was greatly accommodated with regards to my own illness & mums decreasing health by wfh a lot. Then major reshuffle, horrible office politics, lying, backstabbing etc. Was on verge of quitting as I felt mum more important & it was all making me feel mire ill than I already was but the new boss decided to fold & was made redundant (even that was long drawn out drama but no matter) you stick to your guns & hold your head high any support you need just ask 🌈🫂💖. And I love your paintwork. Same here with painting stuff had bad bout in late teens and painted ceiling Royal blue with gold trim🤭. After the work debacle I wrote really rude words across pale mauve wall😖then redid whole thing dark grey. Whatever calms & helps you🌈🫂💖

A really good detective/heart touching community book series I've found is the inspector gamache series by Louise penny - her personal letters & intros also v touching she's had bad life experiences & turned them into a little world that's lovely with a good dollop of detecting mystery😍

My next thing I want to do is try Stinking Bishop cheese🤣no idea why.

Wishing everyone best day possible 😘🌈🫂💕💖

• Heart
Was just sticking my nose in as I’ve just woken up but on the subject of podcasts, I really recommend Ologies with Alie Ward. She explores a topic each podcast and gets a professional from the area to discuss, she asks the questions you’d ask if somebody told you their life’s work was in a specific area. Alongside that I find her voice so calming and soothing. I found the episodes about beer, eyes and personal psychology really interesting!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm just catching up, so interesting to read everyone's hobbies and stuff! I also love Lush :love: I actually just got a body scrub from there and it's amazing. I put it on dry then rinse it off in the shower. I was gushing about it the other day (sorry) to the person in Lush saying it's the best thing I've ever bought for my body. I'm going to Lush today funnily enough to get a bubble bar for later.

My hobby is a very niche style of dance, called locking. I've been doing it for ten years but dancing for much longer. It's a shame I can't link to any of my own videos, but these guys, Hilty and Bosch, are two of my favourites.
It's a really funky, characterful dance but technically harder than it looks. I was in a hip hop dance company for a while based at the Barbican, which was extremely stressful. We had 12 hour rehearsal days and I didn't really enjoy the style of dance too much. I lasted a couple of years and then left. I'm much happier now I just do locking and tap. I also love swimming and usually go 2-3 times a week, but we have the London Aquatic Centre on our doorstep so we're really lucky there.

I totally relate to @enasharples and @GoLibrarianPoo about feeling unheard in the past and finding my voice. This is something I've only started to do very recently. There are/were a couple of people in my life who seemed to think it was okay to tell me what to do, tell me I was wrong for what I was feeling. I was constantly invalidated. Over small things as well as big things. One of my problems was that I used language that gave them the 'okay' to 'negotiate' with me.

For example, a very small thing - one person and I were walking through Covent Garden a while ago, and he was going full speed ahead. I literally broke out in a sweat trying to keep up with him. I asked him to slow down. He said 'this isn't fast'. I said 'it's fast to me, I can't keep up'. He said 'yes you can'. I said 'please, slow down'. Now I've learnt to quickly identify my boundary (I am going to walk at this speed) and communicate it ("You can walk that fast if you want, I'll see you in a bit when I'm caught up.")

The same with my diet. I avoid certain things because it's easier to maintain my weight that way. I've sat at dinner tables and declined something and people have started with 'is that all you're gonna eat?' or my favourite, from my 300-lb aunt 'you can eat that, it's not bad for you'. My response is to explain why I don't eat that, but all that does it open it up for debate. Now I don't explain. I simply say 'I don't discuss my diet'. And shut it down. I don't even say 'actually, I'd prefer not to discuss my diet'. It's too soft. I have to be firm. I've taken enough tit over the years.

It's still a learning process for me and sometimes I'm not very good at it. But I spent so long trying and trying to explain my feelings and defend myself, only to feel like I was being totally ignored. Then I realised I don't owe anyone an explanation. If I don't eat x, I don't eat x, and don't need anyone's approval!

@Bastion I'm glad you have ACAS on the case, that sounds shady AF.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Was just sticking my nose in as I’ve just woken up but on the subject of podcasts, I really recommend Ologies with Alie Ward. She explores a topic each podcast and gets a professional from the area to discuss, she asks the questions you’d ask if somebody told you their life’s work was in a specific area. Alongside that I find her voice so calming and soothing. I found the episodes about beer, eyes and personal psychology really interesting!
I will definitely give that podcast a try, I do enjoy a little topic discussion and not just crime sometime 😛. David Tennant actually does a good podcast where he chats to famous people about things. His episodes with Dan Levy and Jim Parsons were very good.

@Penguin86 I'm sorry your medicine is kicking your arse/esophagus. Is there any way you could take your medicine at another time of day or is it a sleepy one?

I'm about to have a coffee then decide book or documentary 😊 knackered after being part of the 4am gang. Is anyone up to anything exciting today?

• Heart
I'm just catching up, so interesting to read everyone's hobbies and stuff! I also love Lush :love: I actually just got a body scrub from there and it's amazing. I put it on dry then rinse it off in the shower. I was gushing about it the other day (sorry) to the person in Lush saying it's the best thing I've ever bought for my body. I'm going to Lush today funnily enough to get a bubble bar for later.
I recommend the CBD bar! It’s not overly sweet like a lot of them can be. I also reaaaaally recommend their body sprays and perfumes. I’ve been using Sikkim Girls for a few years and I love it, might not be for all but I really like it.
I will definitely give that podcast a try, I do enjoy a little topic discussion and not just crime sometime 😛. David Tennant actually does a good podcast where he chats to famous people about things. His episodes with Dan Levy and Jim Parsons were very good.
JVN from Queer Eye does one similar to Ologies called Getting Curious which I also like! I also listen to Ear Hustle a lot when I’m driving. It’s by incarcerated people at Saint Quentin Jail in California where they discuss life in prison, how relationships work, mental health and the programmes they are involved with. It’s so interesting to hear it from the mouths of those living it rather than those who are managing the facilities instead.

• Heart
I recommend the CBD bar! It’s not overly sweet like a lot of them can be. I also reaaaaally recommend their body sprays and perfumes. I’ve been using Sikkim Girls for a few years and I love it, might not be for all but I really like it.

JVN from Queer Eye does one similar to Ologies called Getting Curious which I also like! I also listen to Ear Hustle a lot when I’m driving. It’s by incarcerated people at Saint Quentin Jail in California where they discuss life in prison, how relationships work, mental health and the programmes they are involved with. It’s so interesting to hear it from the mouths of those living it rather than those who are managing the facilities instead.
I have listened to Ear Hustle and agreed it's so interesting as it's from the inside. I listened to a good one in December called Harsh Reality. Very interesting show well worth a listen and the narrator Trace Lysette has the most beautiful voice. If I find something that sparks my interest I give it a try. Listened to one all about Oscar Pistorious in December also interesting.

Attachments

I have listened to Ear Hustle and agreed it's so interesting as it's from the inside. I listened to a good one in December called Harsh Reality. Very interesting show well worth a listen and the narrator Trace Lysette has the most beautiful voice. If I find something that sparks my interest I give it a try. Listened to one all about Oscar Pistorious in December also interesting.
Ooooh thank you for the rec! I’ll add it to the list!

Ooooh thank you for the rec! I’ll add it to the list!
Have you listened to Sweet Bobby? Now that is some jaw dropping stuff!

It's a bit grey out but now I'm awake I'm going to go down to the community larder and drop off some food/see what's there. It's a place in our village a little stand type thing where the local shops put things that would be thrown away bread etc and local people put garden produce/plants/eggs etc. Such a good idea as reduces waste and also helps people in a pinch.

• Heart
@Katie8ee i have to take it at night since my dose went up because it does make me tired. Hoping once my body is used to the dose maybe I can go back to morning. Heartburn hasn't gone away despite taking 3 anatacid tablets 😔

• Sad
@Katie8ee i have to take it at night since my dose went up because it does make me tired. Hoping once my body is used to the dose maybe I can go back to morning. Heartburn hasn't gone away despite taking 3 anatacid tablets 😔
Och that's rotten, maybe you need that gaviscon strong liquid. Sometimes lying down after taking meds makes it happen 😢 hopefully it's just because of the dose change. 💙

Och that's rotten, maybe you need that gaviscon strong liquid. Sometimes lying down after taking meds makes it happen 😢 hopefully it's just because of the dose change. 💙
Yeah i probably didn't sit up for long enough. It happens every now and then but not usually this bad

• Heart
This is the only dress I have that's comfy to wear right now. It looks a bit loud in the picture but it's more understated once you've got it on. It's a blue version of one that Kate Middleton wore, which I loved, but I can't pull the red off like Kate so I was so happy when I found this version, and on sale too!

20220122_154048.jpg

Princess-Charlotte-First-Day-1.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.