Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's OK! Just want you to feel better. It's medicines way of laughing at us I think ๐Ÿ˜‚ here take these drugs to make you better let's just not discuss the first four weeks of side effects ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm watching an interview with the Captain of the Toronto Homicide department. All I can think is that he's fit (I think it's more his authority I like) that the kind of crazy tit that goes on in my head ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Love you my sisturd ๐Ÿ’š
Yeah it's definitely made me rethink every time I think I'm ready to come off them. Reality is that I'll be on them all my life.

Ooh is he good looking?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Iโ€™m intrigued, whatโ€™s a community larder? And what crime are you watching/ reading? Rather than committing!๐Ÿ˜
So it's a place in my village like a little wooden shack that sits behind the church. My village tties to run on low waste so the Co-Op and other wee shops take their reduced items and drop them off there every day. It's the stuff that they can't sell due to date but it's still fine. Local people also put veg/eggs/plants etc from their gardens and chicken/geese. It's so good and you can make a wee donation or leave something when you take something.

The donations go to the food Bank for the local people who get that as well. Today I got

4 Warburton loaves the seeded one I like
2 soda scone
Pack of 4 butteries
Bag of carrot batons
Ready to eat beetroot
Potato wedges fresh fine seasoned
2 corn on the cob
Olive oil sourdough granary loaf

All for free! I left some tins and sweeties. I love it! Dinner was free sweetcorn and potato wedges ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm just watching the Fifth Estate random Canadian crimes. I know the Toronto guy tho he's in my fav podcast and I used to live there ๐Ÿ˜‚ I just find his voice soothing

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Caitlyn130 - I am thinking the same. I donโ€™t like being called feeble minded or FOffed which I have just been, despite that aggressive poster saying it wasnโ€™t directed at me. It was directed at all the posters who made the same point, of which I was the first. I make anti comments about all three main players, and pro all three if the situation warrants it. But now you cannot say anything anti about IG or BW without someone kicking off nastily. I think I might drop in once in a while but it isnโ€™t an authentic experience if you have to temper what you say because someone doesnโ€™t like what you say because it goes against their views. Itโ€™s tedious for a start.
The weird thing is the MTs were initially very much about AE with a smattering of IG fans but now it's almost become a BW love fest. I have to be honest and admit I didn't like it when new posters came in defending AE's indefensible behaviour, but there's always been that group think thing going on, and the pressure on you if you don't agree, which you experienced a lot of at the beginning. I really loved the MT and all the friendships, which is why I fought so hard over all of us having the freedom to post what we really think without being jumped on for it, but now I'm starting to feel a bit disenchanted and weary of it all too. It was the commenters that kept me coming back, and when you feel like you're walking on eggshells and can't say certain things, and have to agree with others just to be welcome, what's the point?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Love you my sisturd ๐Ÿ’š
Yeah it's definitely made me rethink every time I think I'm ready to come off them. Reality is that I'll be on them all my life.

Ooh is he good looking?
BIG love wee one ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ imagine the outcry if you had some disease like diabetes and you were like naaa I don't want to take medicine folk would say you were crazy, it's just the same ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

He really isn't fit he just has an ASMR soothing voice and he's got this air of authority. He is a fantastic Homicide captain and he's called Hank ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So it's a place in my village like a little wooden shack that sits behind the church. My village tties to run on low waste so the Co-Op and other wee shops take their reduced items and drop them off there every day. It's the stuff that they can't sell due to date but it's still fine. Local people also put veg/eggs/plants etc from their gardens and chicken/geese. It's so good and you can make a wee donation or leave something when you take something.

The donations go to the food Bank for the local people who get that as well. Today I got

4 Warburton loaves the seeded one I like
2 soda scone
Pack of 4 butteries
Bag of carrot batons
Ready to eat beetroot
Potato wedges fresh fine seasoned
2 corn on the cob
Olive oil sourdough granary loaf

All for free! I left some tins and sweeties. I love it! Dinner was free sweetcorn and potato wedges ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm just watching the Fifth Estate random Canadian crimes. I know the Toronto guy tho he's in my fav podcast and I used to live there ๐Ÿ˜‚ I just find his voice soothing
What a wonderful idea, I love it. We have days in the summer where you can leave your stuff out for people to take where I live. Clothes, DVDs, furniture etc Iโ€™ve had some great stuff!

I love crime drama on TV ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸปX

• Heart
What a wonderful idea, I love it. We have days in the summer where you can leave your stuff out for people to take where I live. Clothes, DVDs, furniture etc Iโ€™ve had some great stuff!

I love crime drama on TV ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸปX
It's such a good idea and it's a bit exciting because you never know what your going to get ๐Ÿ˜‚ people also put baby things nappy/sanitary towels and things just in case people need them. We have little honesty boxes all over the village where people sell produce or just have free things for others. I have only been in this location a year and it's so quintessentially village life I find it utterly charming ๐Ÿ’™

I love crime drama, all the crime. I did my Masters in Criminology and it's always been my thing. It's nice that it's became socially acceptable to like it in the past ten years ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
BIG love wee one ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ imagine the outcry if you had some disease like diabetes and you were like naaa I don't want to take medicine folk would say you were crazy, it's just the same ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

He really isn't fit he just has an ASMR soothing voice and he's got this air of authority. He is a fantastic Homicide captain and he's called Hank ๐Ÿ˜‚
This is true! I take medication for my thyroid aswell so whats 2 more pills ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Haha the name Hank makes me think of Mr Hanky

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The weird thing is the MTs were initially very much about AE with a smattering of IG fans but now it's almost become a BW love fest. I have to be honest and admit I didn't like it when new posters came in defending AE's indefensible behaviour, but there's always been that group think thing going on, and the pressure on you if you don't agree, which you experienced a lot of at the beginning. I really loved the MT and all the friendships, which is why I fought so hard over all of us having the freedom to post what we really think without being jumped on for it, but now I'm starting to feel a bit disenchanted and weary of it all too. It was the commenters that kept me coming back, and when you feel like you're walking on eggshells and can't say certain things, and have to agree with others just to be welcome, what's the point?
I think that is a good summation of how it has panned out. IG and AE seem to be the bit players in the story now, BW is now the main event for quite a lot of regular posters, with some of her fans acting as her praetorian guard. I wax and wane over BW, admire her positive attitude over a terrible diagnosis but not wholly convinced in her sainthood. AE, feel sorry her life has turned out like this, seems such a waste of a life, but she is a very hard person to like, and I hate the fact that she is using her kids to get revenge on IG. I want to shake her hard. IG, I think he has probably wanted out for years, but stayed for the kids, but I think he has made the situation much worse. AE was always going to kick off, but I think he has made some mistakes along the way. But you have to pick a side on MT. Welp does so well on there. She is very balanced and sees things from all angles, and people listen to her, and when she says something that comes down hard on one side she does so in a diplomatic way, and other posters rightfully respect her. The rest of us plowing a middle line, donโ€™t get much airtime now before you get a slap. I find myself typing out responses, reading them over and over, deleting bit, diluting what I really want to say, so whatโ€™s the point?

It's such a good idea and it's a bit exciting because you never know what your going to get ๐Ÿ˜‚ people also put baby things nappy/sanitary towels and things just in case people need them. We have little honesty boxes all over the village where people sell produce or just have free things for others. I have only been in this location a year and it's so quintessentially village life I find it utterly charming ๐Ÿ’™

I love crime drama, all the crime. I did my Masters in Criminology and it's always been my thing. It's nice that it's became socially acceptable to like it in the past ten years ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
It sounds idyllic. A million miles from where I live.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, she's a cockapoo!

I've worked for the company for 32 years and just don't think I could work anywhere else due to my anxiety. In lots of ways they've been great to work for with all my weird ways -
- they let me start work at 7am as I have a huge fear of coming in at the same time as other staff (who all start at 8am) as the thought of anyone trying to talk to me makes me want to puke
- they always let me sit at the end of the office with my back to everyone as I feel vulnerable if I'm facing people
- they let me leave work at a time that no one else is leaving for the same reason as the 7am start. Also, the time I leave is before the kids start coming out of school and the roads get busy as that also makes me so anxious
-ETA - they let me skip all team meetings in the office as I get so anxious being near people and 90% of the time would end up in tears ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Haha. Reading back on that makes me sound like a loser but as I said in an earlier post, my world may be small but I'm happy and content.

I used to get on really well with both managers but they are really unprofessional and I saw an email between them where they were slagging all the team off (bar their favourite) and I told them I thought it was unprofessional and BAM from that point on they've been really unpleasant and spiteful to me. All the rest of the team noticed it and 1 person even told me that I should ask someone else to put forward my ideas as whatever I say they put down. The senior manager is also a massive letch and if any pretty young girl came into the office he'd be trying to look down their top or ogling their legs and when they left he would always tell the rest of the team "I've got a tingle in my trousers" ๐Ÿคข How disgusting (and unprofessional) is that?!
What a shame that in many ways it was a great workplace and now 2 bullies are making it so unbearable for you. I'm glad you have your lovely girl with you. Nothing beats a fur baby snuggle in bed imo. It's early morning here but it's cold and wet and my bub wants us to go back to bed and snuggle. I'm resisting, at least until I get to the end of the thread!

• Heart
@Magpierainbow Glad the rest of your night was alright โค ๐ŸŒˆ
@Just William Yeay! I'm so pleased to hear you have an appointment, that's great news! ๐Ÿ™Œ I totally get it, it can be a bit daunting sometimes doing replies to everybody and I always feel a bit bad I'm not replying to everyone individually :LOL: Don't worry about it though lovely TwinTurd, just make sure you do keep popping in to visit us โค

Hope everyone has had a nice Saturday! ๐Ÿ˜„

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think that is a good summation of how it has panned out. IG and AE seem to be the bit players in the story now, BW is now the main event for quite a lot of regular posters, with some of her fans acting as her praetorian guard. I wax and wane over BW, admire her positive attitude over a terrible diagnosis but not wholly convinced in her sainthood. AE, feel sorry her life has turned out like this, seems such a waste of a life, but she is a very hard person to like, and I hate the fact that she is using her kids to get revenge on IG. I want to shake her hard. IG, I think he has probably wanted out for years, but stayed for the kids, but I think he has made the situation much worse. AE was always going to kick off, but I think he has made some mistakes along the way. But you have to pick a side on MT. Welp does so well on there. She is very balanced and sees things from all angles, and people listen to her, and when she says something that comes down hard on one side she does so in a diplomatic way, and other posters rightfully respect her. The rest of us plowing a middle line, donโ€™t get much airtime now before you get a slap. I find myself typing out responses, reading them over and over, deleting bit, diluting what I really want to say, so whatโ€™s the point?

It sounds idyllic. A million miles from where I live.
I think @welp is hugely respected, partly because she is usually so factual and not so emotional, and partly because she is so respected, her opinions are more accepted. Because she's so respected, the posters who take offense at something one of us might say think twice before taking her on. She keeps the threads on track with facts rather than emotion or opinion which I think has been a huge plus in the MT. (Not that I'm saying she shouldn't have or post opinions or emotions btw!)

I'm someone who's not good with conflict irl and tend to be far more aggressive online. I think not being free to express myself irl see's it come out more explosively online. I hope I haven't offended anyone here with my bolshie ways. I really wish I was more patient, polite and better at expressing myself without getting snappy with others. I'm truly sorry if I've upset anyone here.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Magpierainbow Glad the rest of your night was alright โค ๐ŸŒˆ
@Just William Yeay! I'm so pleased to hear you have an appointment, that's great news! ๐Ÿ™Œ I totally get it, it can be a bit daunting sometimes doing replies to everybody and I always feel a bit bad I'm not replying to everyone individually :LOL: Don't worry about it though lovely TwinTurd, just make sure you do keep popping in to visit us โค

Hope everyone has had a nice Saturday! ๐Ÿ˜„
Thanks dear TwinTurd :poop: :poop:โค๐Ÿ˜˜ - I will. ๐Ÿฅฐ xxx

• Heart
I think @welp is hugely respected, partly because she is usually so factual and not so emotional, and partly because she is so respected, her opinions are more accepted. Because she's so respected, the posters who take offense at something one of us might say think twice before taking her on. She keeps the threads on track with facts rather than emotion or opinion which I think has been a huge plus in the MT.

I'm someone who's not good with conflict irl and tend to be far more aggressive online. I think not being free to express myself irl see's it come out more explosively online. I hope I haven't offended anyone here with my bolshie ways. I really wish I was more patient, polite and better at expressing myself without getting snappy with others. I'm truly sorry if I've upset anyone here.
I have never seen you be snappy on MT or on here. I wouldnโ€™t label you as bolshie at all. There are only really a few of them who are, but they have a lot of followers who back them up. It feels a bit like a playground - the clique with the ring of supporters encouraging them on. It is a shame it has ended up like that. Itโ€™s an open forum and I have been on a lot of threads, but it very much feels like you are being humoured, but watch it. And I think it takes a strong nerve for someone new to join, particularly if they want to plow the middle ground. All a bit silly. And as the main player is AWOL, it has become dull.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've never been upset by you @CookieMonsta โค

I'm really sorry there's a few posters who are feeling unable to share their opinions over there just now โค I think everyone's opinions should be allowed (even though I've been guilty for having a pop in the past at some that I haven't agreed with) as long as no one is being offensive or victim blaming, at the end of the day it's just an opinion right?
I think some posters deserve debating medals for the patience they have showed and I too very much admire Welp's ability to stay so factual while allowing for various possibilities. She is actually really good at putting across her opinions, even though I haven't always agreed with them I do respect her and actually put a lot of trust in her fact finding abilities (y)

• Heart
Alice should employ Welp. Welp can ferret out any piece of info!

I did that spoiler like that by mistake, thought I was getting a blue box. I wondered how that blurring was done! Wish I could do that for my wrinkles!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've never been upset by you @CookieMonsta โค

I'm really sorry there's a few posters who are feeling unable to share their opinions over there just now โค I think everyone's opinions should be allowed (even though I've been guilty for having a pop in the past at some that I haven't agreed with) as long as no one is being offensive or victim blaming, at the end of the day it's just an opinion right?
I think some posters deserve debating medals for the patience they have showed and I too very much admire Welp's ability to stay so factual while allowing for various possibilities. She is actually really good at putting across her opinions, even though I haven't always agreed with them I do respect her and actually put a lot of trust in her fact finding abilities (y)
I think the issue is with a few people who expect others to pull evidence out of their arses to prove their opinion correct, which doesnโ€™t make it an opinion -it makes it fact. Iโ€™m finding that there is just a mini competition of โ€˜who is morally superiorโ€™ currently and even when people trying to acknowledge but just move on to stop the bickering etc it just feels like they scream louder to be heard rather than letting it go. Maybe thatโ€™s just meโ€ฆ
Iโ€™m just finding it an unpleasant place and that people are trying to create a huge gap between who supports who rather than just it being a situation being discussed, which is what should be. Also if I have to hear about TD/AD anymore Iโ€™m going to throw myself in the bin.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Alice should employ Welp. Welp can ferret out any piece of info!

I did that spoiler like that by mistake, thought I was getting a blue box. I wondered how that blurring was done! Wish I could do that for my wrinkles!
She'd get some pretty good advice too from the sounds of Welp (y) :ROFLMAO: $500 seems a low starting wage though ๐Ÿคช

• Haha
I think when things like that happen in threads it can lead to the thread getting shut down. I read the site questions a few days ago and the Mods said if it becomes a massive infight people stop reporting posts but the mods keep an eye on things as standard so they notice and that's one of the reasons they shut it down :( Kind of sad if that happens really because I want to know how it "ends" as it were.

I really can't be arsed with the TD/AD discussion going round in circles. I do get that it could have a small role in the discussion but it sounds like the conversation still hasn't moved on from the last time it was mentioned ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

I think everyone is just bored because Alice is so quiet.

Ok so here's a random question, is anyone out there able to write simple sheet music with note values included? ๐Ÿค”
I had a go at picking out the melody for my silly song on the piano :LOL: I can put the notes in the right places on the stave/bar(?) but I can't write note values so it looks like just a bunch of single beat notes which obviously isn't right :ROFLMAO:
It's short, I've only written the melody for a verse and started the chorus - which I'm really struggling with tbh! ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ :ROFLMAO: I'm not a musician, my Nanna and Grandad would be smiling that I'm having a go but shaking their heads in a loving rueful way at my clumsy efforts ;) Playing bum notes all over the shop :ROFLMAO:
If anyone fancies having a shot that'd be nice but don't worry I'm just having fun so it's not important (y)

Jinx @welp (y) :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.