Tattle Turds #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry your mum is having a bad night @Magpierainbow I'm glad my little ditty made you smile, I wanted it to be a happy version of the not happy memory so cheered up is totally what I was going for! ❤

I value these conversations too, it really helps me not feel so alone, unheard or misunderstood ❤ Have you got someone else with you right now or is it just you and mum at home just now? We can keep you company when you're able to pop in ❤ 🌈

I'm seriously enjoying the 🐧 stuff, thanks @Ena Sharples for that video, they're a bit naughty aren't they?! 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
feel so alone, unheard or misunderstood ❤
Absolutely this👍. It's OK just had a wobble. Only us 2. My new tactic is just to grab her & give a massive cuddle (as carer counsellor said hate the disease not the person). Vascular dementia can mean the person often has personality changes so it's challenging. That's why I like chiming in, so many varied interests here, love that.

Seriously recommend shani struthers though👍😘🌈🫂💖💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think just having a wee supportive community like this can be a lifeline at times ❤

It's ok to have a wee wobble ❤ Sending you a massive cuddle for yourself 🤗 I'm sure it can be scary and distressing when she is having an episode like these ❤ 🤗 ❤ You are doing an amazing job ❤ 🌈

Me too, I love hearing about all the various things people are talking about and sharing recommendations for! (y) 😄 😍

I have decided cheese on toast is my Rollos ;) I love the dog so much, and he loves cheese the same amount so I always save the last wee corner of cheesy toasty goodness for him when I have a slice ❤ :ROFLMAO:

He's very good and doesn't mooch but you can tell his ears are on a swivel for the subtle sounds of me leaning over to pass him it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I also realised a while back that I have unintentionally trained him to look at me by constantly saying "right then" before I ask him to do something :LOL:
Right then do you need a pee? Right then is it breakfast/dinner/carrot time? Right then heel. Right then waaaait! - it's turned out to be very practically useful but 🤦‍♀️ at myself right then-ing so much :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
@GoLibrarianPoo i love your song. I actually sang it to a little tune in my head. It’s actually given me some inspiration to teach some new vocabulary to my little ones too!

@Penguin86 I don’t believe it!! I am so disappointed in penguins right now I thought they were faithful 🐧 - actually is this a puffin? Anyway I still like them because the pebble thing is super cute. And I love the story about the gay penguin couple. I think there was a story book written about them in the end?

@Magpierainbow I am going to lookup “high gate” it sounds really interesting. I have so many books on my Amazon wishlist, tv series and different tabs open to read about cases that I have learnt about from these threads! I am sorry you are having a bad night with your mum ❤ I can’t imagine how hard it is.
I know what you mean about these threads. It’s nice to have someone to share things with, even though we are all strangers on the internet!

@Ena Sharples I am very happy to see you over hear! You seem to share many similar opinions to myself. However, you put them much more eloquently than I ever could! I’m really glad you spoke up the other day. I made the mistake of going over even after the warnings and it’s still so biased. Seems no fair discussions and differing views are allowed 🤐

• Heart
@Ena Sharples I am very happy to see you over hear! You seem to share many similar opinions to myself. However, you put them much more eloquently than I ever could! I’m really glad you spoke up the other day. I made the mistake of going over even after the warnings and it’s still so biased. Seems no fair discussions and differing views are allowed 🤐
Thank you that means a lot 😘

I’ve only found my voice over the last couple of years and I try to put my point across without being too provocative. I think for me it’s about not feeling like my opinion is wrong because I don’t agree.

I try hard to separate behaviours from who people are because I think we are all a mixed bag. I wish I could be as neutral as @welp who throws out ‘well it could be this or this or this’ but I need work on that.

Things that I can’t keep quiet about: animal and child cruelty and preaching one thing but doing something completely different.

The reason I’m pretty tolerant of A is because she’s so in your face with her behaviour that it’s mostly hilarious. She isn’t preaching the word of the Lord and feeling up the choir mistress whilst she’s doing it. And I get a bit of a sense that that may be happening.

• Heart
Hello you lovely people ❤ just about to catch up, absolutely shattered but can't sleep. Was watching TV and minding my business then suddenly full scale anxiety and palpitations out of nowhere. Took 40mg of my beta blockers, some green tea, a cat cuddle and an hour later I'm feeling better. Bloody hate when it comes from nowhere!

Was reading up more.on the Adele debacle it is the whole residency that's cancelled. The cheapest ticket for the gig was $700! Madness!

As you are all animal lovers here is my favourite ever meme which I always look at when I need cheering up. All the love.to all of you. 💙💙

Ps: Did catch up on the MT but the banter is zilch 😢

Attachments

• Heart
@TicTacToc Aw that's lovely! 😍 Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! ❤

@Ena Sharples It's so hard to find your voice! But I'm glad you are finding yours! ❤

I've found one of the side effects of age and experience means I'm less likely to put up with some things, a bit more confident within myself and a bit more likely to say something about it but it's been a hard road and I still feel nauseous any time there's even the slightest hint of conflict. Is it kind of similar for you?

@Katie8ee Ooh that's horrible the surprise panic attack! :cry: I'm really glad you are feeling a bit better! Cat purrs are literal healing vibes! ❤ 🐱 😻

Your meme made me giggle! :ROFLMAO: They look so ungainly when they clean between their toes like that, I'd laugh at my cat when she did it and get a very affronted look in return :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Hope you are ok @Magpierainbow ❤ 🌈

• Heart
@Ena Sharples It's so hard to find your voice! But I'm glad you are finding yours! ❤

I've found one of the side effects of age and experience means I'm less likely to put up with some things, a bit more confident within myself and a bit more likely to say something about it but it's been a hard road and I still feel nauseous any time there's even the slightest hint of conflict. Is it kind of similar for you?
It had come with age and taken a lot of practice too. I have been shut down for much of my life. I don’t like conflict either and will avoid unless I really have to.

I wish this was more of a closed forum because I could say so much more. Thank you for being so nice and understanding 💕

There are some amazing people on this thread and the MT too. Even people who push our buttons teach us so much about ourselves and others too xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It had come with age and taken a lot of practice too. I have been shut down for much of my life. I don’t like conflict either and will avoid unless I really have to.

I wish this was more of a closed forum because I could say so much more. Thank you for being so nice and understanding 💕

There are some amazing people on this thread and the MT too. Even people who push our buttons teach us so much about ourselves and others too xx
I'm really sorry you've been shut down and it's taken so long for you to find your voice ❤ You're right, it really does take a lot of practice! But you know what they say, practice makes perfect (y) ;) I avoid conflict as much as possible and I sometimes wish I could be more confidently assertive!

I wish it was more closed too, it would be nice to just have our own private space that wasn't accessible to the internet and it's grannie :LOL: Some of the sisTurds have opened twitter accounts I think? There was some talk of it at least for properly private chat and support through DMs (y)

There really are some awesome people on here and the 🛸 (y) I'd so love to sit over coffee and hear some interesting life stories or chat about their interesting hobbies and cuddle all the pets obviously! 😍 from quite a lot of posters!

I kind of like it that it's like an international virtual cafe where we can all come and meet people from across the world and in a way experience things we wouldn't have the chance to otherwise (y) I love that we've commandeered our little welcoming corner in that cafe :ROFLMAO: ❤ I likes it in 'ere (y)

• Heart
@Penguin86 I just finally got round to watching Knives Out tonight and really enjoyed it! (y) I won't bang on about my other hobbies coz you already know about them :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
What do you all enjoy doing to relax?
My favourite way to relax is a long hot bath with a Lush bath bomb. Heaven! ❤

I also find painting furniture really calming. I'll do a piece, live with it for a while then when bored I just repaint it so the colours always reflect my mood. When I went through a bout of depression I painted the lounge dark green and all the doors black 😂

Lastly, taking Miss Boo for a walk always calms me. 🐕 She has changed my life so much, before her I didn't leave the house but now her happiness means everything to me and so I can make myself go out for her. Every night while we're spooning I lay there thinking how lucky I am to have her.

ETA I've put this photo up before - it shows the black doors and dark green walls (which I've got used to) as well as my gorgeous girl.
20201019_192044.jpg

I also just wanted to say that this thread has been really great for me, I love all your posts. I've been off work since October as my managers had been bullying me since March 2020 and I got to the stage that I was just crying every day and not sleeping /feeling constantly anxious. I'm about to go on to half pay 😭and the company has done nothing to support me at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
That sounds heavenly @Bastion I love having a relaxing soak in the bath and spooning the dog at night ❤ He makes a crap big spoon though, all elbows and paws shoving you in the back ;):ROFLMAO:

@TicTacToc Was thinking about what you were saying earlier about teaching the wee ones more words and I'd love it if you wanted to add some more verses (or it could do with a chorus 🤔) to the song (y) 😍

I've been thinking it could be a really cute kids song if we added some bits about animals and there could even be some actions/noises involved - spread your arms like a tree, crouch for stone, blow or whirl about as the wind, bark like a dog etc etc 😁 ❤
I wish I was better at music/singing coz I'd love to play it and sing it on the Ukulele once it was done! My Uke is bright yellow and it's called Sunny :ROFLMAO:

If I had a wish​

I wish I was, I wish I was a tree.

I’d live my life in peaceful harmony.

My branches wouldn’t hide, I’d spread them far and wide.

Oh If I was, if I was a tree.

Oh I wish I was, I wish I was a stone.

Cause if I was, I wouldn’t have to roam.

I’d always have known, the forest floor’s my home.

Oh if I was, if I was a stone.

I wish I could live life out as the wind,

Blowing here, there, everywhere I’d been.

And every land I’d see, I’d be the travel Queen (King for the boys (y) ).

Oh if I lived my life out as the wind.

But if I could have only just one wish,

I wouldn’t ask for riches or a kiss.

My only wish would be, that I could be a tree.

Yes! I would wish, wish to be a tree!

And if I was, Oh! How happy I would be!

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Bastion black and green are my 2 fave colours 😍😍
Cute dog! What breed is she? Like a cockapoo?

Im sorry your work is so tit. Could you look for something else?

• Heart
@Bastion I am really sorry you've been on the receiving end of a workplace bully and your company has been no help 😓 I'm glad you are finding some comfort here with us ❤🤗

And your wee girl is still just as gorgeous the second time round 😍

• Heart
@Bastion black and green are my 2 fave colours 😍😍
Cute dog! What breed is she? Like a cockapoo?

Im sorry your work is so tit. Could you look for something else?
Yes, she's a cockapoo!

I've worked for the company for 32 years and just don't think I could work anywhere else due to my anxiety. In lots of ways they've been great to work for with all my weird ways -
- they let me start work at 7am as I have a huge fear of coming in at the same time as other staff (who all start at 8am) as the thought of anyone trying to talk to me makes me want to puke
- they always let me sit at the end of the office with my back to everyone as I feel vulnerable if I'm facing people
- they let me leave work at a time that no one else is leaving for the same reason as the 7am start. Also, the time I leave is before the kids start coming out of school and the roads get busy as that also makes me so anxious
-ETA - they let me skip all team meetings in the office as I get so anxious being near people and 90% of the time would end up in tears 😭

Haha. Reading back on that makes me sound like a loser but as I said in an earlier post, my world may be small but I'm happy and content.

I used to get on really well with both managers but they are really unprofessional and I saw an email between them where they were slagging all the team off (bar their favourite) and I told them I thought it was unprofessional and BAM from that point on they've been really unpleasant and spiteful to me. All the rest of the team noticed it and 1 person even told me that I should ask someone else to put forward my ideas as whatever I say they put down. The senior manager is also a massive letch and if any pretty young girl came into the office he'd be trying to look down their top or ogling their legs and when they left he would always tell the rest of the team "I've got a tingle in my trousers" 🤢 How disgusting (and unprofessional) is that?!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Just for you @Penguin86 A wee verse in honour of you ❤

I would wish, that I was a Penguin.
Flippers through the water like they were fins!
Lots of fish I'd eat! Many pebbles laid at feet!
Oh if I wished I was a 🐧

:LOL: ❤

ETA: @Bastion you don't sound remotely like a loser, you sound resourceful and resilient! ❤ That's really shocking behaviour from both managers :sick: I'm really sorry ❤

• Heart
@Bastion not a loser at all. I hate walking into rooms when people are already there. I'm very self conscious.

Do you have an HR department or anyone higher? Sounds like they should be in alot of trouble for being unprofessional

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.