Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
4chan is over 20 years old and has been cited in mass shootings. I think tattle is safe
Not to mention the 4chan strangler case (guy murdered his ex and posted pictures of her body on 4chan and said he was going to commit suicide by cop, the police obviously made sure he didn't do that and he was jailed).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Just saw the end of a documentary with Olivia attwoodd (no amide who she is?) But citing tattle as a trolling site 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Just saw the end of a documentary with Olivia attwoodd (no amide who she is?) But citing tattle as a trolling site 🙄
Ooh where did you see that? Sounds wonderfully balanced :rolleyes:
She was on Love Island a few years ago and now makes documentaries apparently.

Reactions: 3
Just watching it. Lovely kind influencers, innocently monetising themselves, getting called all sorts on here causing them to have body confidence issues, plastic surgery and starving themselves. People send them screenshots.
Honestly, it’s like they’ve never seen a magazine or tabloid with Kerry Katona in.

Reactions: 13
I've only caught the end bit where she thinks she has the address of an owner of Tattle. She thinks it's 'ironic' it's not allowed to be shown on camera. Tattle doesn't dox so how is that ironic?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
She's apparently someone who has
'just found a mind blowing website'
Who us, mind blowing ? well now you mention it Liv 💅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've only caught the end bit where she thinks she has the address of an owner of Tattle. She thinks it's 'ironic' it's not allowed to be shown on camera. Tattle doesn't dox so how is that ironic?
The man who answers the door, isn’t clear whether the “lady” who owns tattle is there. Then Olivia starts laughing coz “he looks exactly what you’d expect a troll to look like” well what in the #bekind behaviour is that!?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
The man who answers the door, isn’t clear whether the “lady” who owns tattle is there. Then Olivia starts laughing coz “he looks exactly what you’d expect a troll to look like” well what in the #bekind behaviour is that!?
Quite. So she can go to people's private residences and insult them. Yet people on a forum laughing at greedy influencers should be arrested - seemed to be her grasp of the situation.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
We have to get away from this “sad loser in his mum’s spare room” troll/bogeyman. It’s the guy on the train, it’s Kevin from Finance, it’s Kate’s husband.
Same as a lot of tattle are “ahem” sad housewIves.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ll stand by that Tattle doesn’t fit the concept of “trolling”. Trolling is a direct message or attack on someone, but also came originally from someone posting a deliberately subversive comment on an otherwise “polite and normal” thread, I.e a Twitter post or a Facebook group.

instagram doesn’t give a person the right of reply with anything remotely negative, critical, subversive, or anything that goes against what that post is saying. Because each post is controlled by the influencer, they dictate it. It’s closed, controlled media.

its not a new thing in civilisation’s history for a medium to pop up that gives a voice to those who don’t agree with a person/post/object. The aim of tattle is to break the echo chamber that these influencers live in and make money from, where nothing they do is ever criticised or given a balanced viewpoint.

they have to seek out their tattle thread to read it, let’s not forget.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
All I want for Christmas is one article (from a known outlet) to add some depth to the conversation!

These people can't expect to broadcast their private life as a business and silence members of the public over anything less than praise. That's not how a healthy society functions. Members of the public should be able to discuss those in a position of power and influence. Tattle definitely isn't beyond reproach but neither are these influencers.

I'm a broken record but; influencers and society is an interesting discussion to have, but no publication is delving into that! You'd be forgiven for thinking tattle was the first time in the history of humanity that members of the public spoke about public figures. Someone far smarter than me with an interest in ancient civilizations could probably insert a great bit here!

The Times had an article yesterday, the same old and seems like a puff piece for someone to advertise their podcast. I think it's good someone is using tattle for content, but I won't hold my breath for balance and objectivity.

I highly object to this though:

While the argument for sites such as Tattle is that they can keep influencers accountable, Delaney noted that “there are legitimate channels for that accountability”. These include the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland’s code of standards. Sponsored posts can be removed for breaching the code. It’s also possible to report posts through the apps themselves.

Something concerns her, though: “There is not an ounce of critical discourse or critical thinking in this gossip forum space. It’s very superficial and it’s really rooted in shame and misogyny.”

The advertising regulators can barely deal with 0.01% of the ads on social media and unless it's the most extreme post then facebook etc won't delete either. Let's not pretend there are any professional bodies regulating influencers. Pure fantasy.

There's loads of critical thinking and I think it's misogyny that tattle faces. Influencers is a female dominated industry, women are expected to just shut up and be sold to as anything other isn't #womensupportingwomen #bekind. :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Ooh where did you see that? Sounds wonderfully balanced :rolleyes:
She was on Love Island a few years ago and now makes documentaries apparently.
Was on itv2, might look it up on catchup. Also I don't get how anything like tattle could be considered trolling? Trolling is when you contact someone and harass them surely? At the most we are just bitching lol

Reactions: 8
My sister was talking about the Russell Brand documentary yesterday, saying 'why did that woman phone his publishers to tell them he was a sex offender?' (the publishers in question, in case anyone hasn't seen the documentary, responded by basically calling the woman a blackmailer). I said 'do you realise how difficult it is to get someone cancelled??' In the case of Jack Monroe, people have done FoI requests, have contacted the ASA and Action Fraud and attempted every official avenue to try to get the word out that she's been financially abusing her fans, with the help of the Guardian et al, for years. And nothing worked. In the case of Brand, it took a years-long investigation to get this stuff out in the open, even though it was an open secret. What are people meant to do? Our only option is to anonymously call it out on here. And anonymity is extremely important, given that in the case of Jack, she would literally tell her fans where her 'trolls' worked so that they could complain to their job (in the case of one ex-fan who requested a refund from her).

Anyway, I digress. But after a weekend like we've had, I defy anyone to come on here and tell us we're the misogynists who are motivated by cruelty. A story like the Brand one will bring up all sorts of emotions from women who have gone through similar (which a depressingly high percentage have done). How anyone could look at tattle this weekend and go through the most liked posts on the front page and not see how needed a platform like this is, is beyond me. It's the safest place on the internet to discuss these things because it's majority women who understand each others' experiences. Whereas you look on twitter or whatever and you've got people like Andrew Tate and Musk himself backing Brand. But it's tattle that people point to, as though *we're* what's wrong with the world. Talk about lack of critical thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
What Olivia Attwood documentary is this? I thought Tattle was generally quite positive about her and her documentary skills.

Hi Liv!

Reactions: 4
All I want for Christmas is one article (from a known outlet) to add some depth to the conversation!

These people can't expect to broadcast their private life as a business and silence members of the public over anything less than praise. That's not how a healthy society functions. Members of the public should be able to discuss those in a position of power and influence. Tattle definitely isn't beyond reproach but neither are these influencers.

I'm a broken record but; influencers and society is an interesting discussion to have, but no publication is delving into that! You'd be forgiven for thinking tattle was the first time in the history of humanity that members of the public spoke about public figures. Someone far smarter than me with an interest in ancient civilizations could probably insert a great bit here!

The Times had an article yesterday, the same old and seems like a puff piece for someone to advertise their podcast. I think it's good someone is using tattle for content, but I won't hold my breath for balance and objectivity.

I highly object to this though:

While the argument for sites such as Tattle is that they can keep influencers accountable, Delaney noted that “there are legitimate channels for that accountability”. These include the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland’s code of standards. Sponsored posts can be removed for breaching the code. It’s also possible to report posts through the apps themselves.

Something concerns her, though: “There is not an ounce of critical discourse or critical thinking in this gossip forum space. It’s very superficial and it’s really rooted in shame and misogyny.”

The advertising regulators can barely deal with 0.01% of the ads on social media and unless it's the most extreme post then facebook etc won't delete either. Let's not pretend there are any professional bodies regulating influencers. Pure fantasy.

There's loads of critical thinking and I think it's misogyny that tattle faces. Influencers is a female dominated industry, women are expected to just shut up and be sold to as anything other isn't #womensupportingwomen #bekind. :rolleyes:
And when people do use these 'legitimate channels for accountability' (ie reporting misleading claims, bad behaviour, to the platforms and ASA for eg) the influencers/celebs/whatever complain about that and see it as bullying and harassment - 'I see my trolls have complained about me again'.
And of course they rarely take constructive direct criticism well in their comments (not abuse obviously) and call it bullying.
They want to operate in a complete vacuum with no regulation or pushback.

I also think Tattle has done extremely well in helping people wake up to low level grifting and scamming on SM. The kind of 'oh no I can't pay my rent this month. Guess me and the child will have to go without food again' scammer who on closer examination appears to have a very comfortable lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
And when people do use these 'legitimate channels for accountability' (ie reporting misleading claims, bad behaviour, to the platforms and ASA for eg) the influencers/celebs/whatever complain about that and see it as bullying and harassment - 'I see my trolls have complained about me again'.
And of course they rarely take constructive direct criticism well in their comments (not abuse obviously) and call it bullying.
They want to operate in a complete vacuum with no regulation or pushback.

I also think Tattle has done extremely well in helping people wake up to low level grifting and scamming on SM. The kind of 'oh no I can't pay my rent this month. Guess me and the child will have to go without food again' scammer who on closer examination appears to have a very comfortable lifestyle.
Yes!! And they’re so self obsessed they can’t see the wood for the trees - women (and it is a women’s issue when this predatory peer to peer marketing is primarily leveraged AT women! And in categories primarily women spend in - cosmetics, lifestyle, children’s items) deserve the opportunity to discuss just how fucked up the current ways of operating are!

The government should really do an enquiry into all of this - I can’t remember what the word for it is but where they field for responses on a subject area before better legislating it?

Tbh the only silver lining of the CoL crisis is that this influencer tit is coming unstuck. I’m seeing more and more financial coach creators denouncing how things are/sharing tattle adjacent content. Even last week a “luxury” influencer shared how she’s reconsidering everything cos of the current economy and is focusing on savings/experiences over bags.

No one is 100% of any one thing there can be duality? Not all of tattle is good, some comments I read are abhorrent and I report them to mixed results. But empowering women to understand how they’re used by capitalism/big biz so they can make informed decisions for themselves is >>>>> and deserves a mention by MSM.

• Heart
Reactions: 15