Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where is the safety net for all the vulnerable people the influencers, influence with their fake lives.

and don’t get me started on the children’s who’s lives are exposed for content!

I want to see that documentary…so people can open their eyes 👀 a world where you don’t need Tattle is the world I want to live in - until then we need to keep exposing the truth about influencers!

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Even the Guardian are quoting from Tattle 😁
That's because we are a left wing forum 😀

This place is so busy with new posters lately. For that I think we should thank ITV and Olivia Atwood for using part of her show on Trolls to mention us.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The very worst of tattle doesn't even register in comparison to other user generated sites.

I'm not going to lie there has (twice) been someone on the Katie price threads who said she should end her life. That's by far been the worst things ever posted here. The comments weren't up for long (minutes after being reported) and users banned. There has a handful of time been stuff like right move links posted, also deleted very quickly.

Everyone has a different moral compass. Lots do find any comments about someone's weight abhorrent. It happens, but it's definitely not a focus of tattle and is a tiny minority of messages. It's usually about how they misrepresent themselves in rather than just having a go at someone for the sake of it.

Where do you draw the line between something distasteful? It's very tricky. Deleting comments often leads people to then disrupt threads and totally lie about what was deleted. Sometimes it's better for a distasteful comment that's been quoted lots to stay where people can respectfully disagree.

The media really needs to get over cherry picking a few comments out of millions to misrepresent tattle and actually address the main narrative.

Reactions: 29
They just keep adding more people to our ranks. Trolling isn’t not liking someone and talking about them. That’s is not the definition.
Free publicity for the forum, and new faces discovering we aren’t bad people.

Reactions: 14
Where is the safety net for all the vulnerable people the influencers, influence with their fake lives.

and don’t get me started on the children’s who’s lives are exposed for content!

I want to see that documentary…so people can open their eyes 👀 a world where you don’t need Tattle is the world I want to live in - until then we need to keep exposing the truth about influencers!
That’s a really good point, it’s a wholly unregulated industry and that rarely goes to good places…

Re: Tattle, there are very few oldschool talky forums and I enjoy the variety and articulate posters. You judge and connect based on personality not on doctored selfies, which is a nice antidote to the rest of social media. It’s nothing like as bad as the awful, illiterate, vicious stuff I see on Facebook.

Public figures are in aspects forced upon us and can do a lot of harm in terms of body image, shilling products, exploiting their kids etc.I think it’s reasonable, even healthy, to be able to criticize them.

There are some threads I don’t like, and I don’t like criticising people based on appearance, but the solution is to simply not post on those kinds of threads, much like IRL really, where people say exactly the same range of things.

On the other side there are tons of supportive threads and people are usually kind to anyone here who is going through a bad time. It’s also possible to disagree with more nuance and good feeling.

I think a lot of the criticism has aspects of misogyny, the idea that a predominantly female discussion site must be trivial, or that social issues aren’t legitimate as a topic of conversation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The very worst of tattle doesn't even register in comparison to other user generated sites.
Exactly. Compared even to Reddit, which is relatively mild now, at least on the more mainstream subs. What's funny is that I think some I'm the media must know this, because there have been articles about, say, 4chan, which is utterly vile at times.

As I've said, I see posts here that I view as homophobic or transphobic occasionally, but apart from that it's very very mild here.

Reactions: 8
I know we’re not all angels here, but there are 100% worse sites out there, big ones too, but they’re more male-dominated, so their vileness gets shrugged off.

Reactions: 15
DMs love/hate with here again.
Ashley James moaning about Tattle users reporting her to social services.

Screenshot_20230924_104305.jpg

Reactions: 3
DMs love/hate with here again.
Ashley James moaning about Tattle users reporting her to social services.

View attachment 2469343
I mean why shouldnt someone reports you to social services if they rhink something js wrong? Not sure who this woman is but I don't know if anyone has been following the awful 8npasengers scandal in the US?

Reactions: 8
It's up to Social Services to decide if they think reports to them are malicious, and I'm sure that if they thought they were then the person making the reports would soon know about it.

Reactions: 11
It's always a one-sided view from these mum-fluencers. Not telling the truth over what happened and failing to see the main issue is nothing is done to protect children from being shared, used for work and monetized by their own parents.

No idea who this person is, but the Ingham family all went for a swim leaving a baby alone on a beach. They didn't even leave another child behind to look after the baby and instead insisted it was fine as they kept their eye on the baby the whole time, despite being quite far away.

Tattle always gets the blame, even though there's often nothing to back up any contributers from here did anything. I suspect a fair few influencers are responsible for said behaviour themselves, or their fans that read tattle, then use that as an excuse to blame Tattlers.

You broadcast questionable parenting on the internet and people respond appropriately to it. What needs to be done is to stop these mum-fluencers.
Screenshot_20230924_134446_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230924_134424_Chrome.jpg

Of course it was abuse people saying they shouldn't leave a child unattended on a busy public beach 😳. They didn't even try to lie and pretend a friend nearby was looking after the baby.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I've just finally finished reading the whole topic through and all the links/articles available therein.

IMHO the press has repeatedly failed to do their job in covering the whole inluencer phenomena thing with any kind of real dilligence, balance or probity. The surprisingly lazy articles about Tattle being a case in point. Many posters could have done a better one basically just as a guest with an hours browsing. Like I said it's lazy.

As such and purely IMO Tattle and some other related sites have had to take on some of this mantle of reportage, enquiry and satire also from the press because someone has to critique this stuff in any healthy,self aware society. It's neccessary and also acts as a kind of safety valve for people to voice their concerns and annoyance at things in a fairly civil structured manner.

If the press/reporting media did their jobs more/better then Tattle wouldn't have to do bits of it for them basically. Thus they have a nerve complaining about it.

As such lazy article writers are taking the piss having a go IMO.

Reactions: 16
To be fair to the writers it seems like journalism these days is just regurgitating crap influencers post into articles for clicks and their editors don't want anything more than that. I suspect (or at least hope) that people who have applied themselves enough to qualify as journalists aspire to do more than just farm content for ad revenue.

Unfortunately the press as an entity always has a blind spot regarding it's own affairs and possibly doesnt want to risk alienating the next big thing with a critical article. Private Eye did a nice round up of the papers takes on the Russell Brand allegations highlighting how every single one, from right wing tabloid to left wing broadsheet, covered the allegations whilst glossing over their own working relationships with him.

There definitely needs to be more even handed, better researched press coverage of influencers but I can't see it happening any time soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
“However, a small but powerful minority of trolls wait on their every post before rushing to gossip sites like Tattle Life, where anonymous users can pull apart and ridicule their lives.”

Screenshot_20230925_064757_Chrome.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Samantha Brick is a twit. She’s the one that wrote that “other women hate me because I’m beautiful” piece (err, you’re not) and is married to an inbred French farmer/hunter who looked like a potato in camo pants.

• Haha
Reactions: 21