Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ugh, this again is it?!

we're a horrible website full of jealous housewives wishing ill-will on all the poor little rich influencers 🥺

it's not like hundreds of us are deep into the off topic threads when the people who've brought us here have gone quiet and we feel like we've made friends is it? threads where we can chat and maybe give or take advice?

and I actually prefer posting here when watching a big tv show (strictly, masked singer, traitors, apprentice, iacgmooh) than on twitter

not to mention how many men are here! but that doesn't fit the narrative that we're just jealous dried up old women

anyhoo, if that hawai'ian uni wants to talk to me, here I am 👋
I have been an internet forum user for more years than I'd like to acknowledge now, and live posting whilst watching reality tv here is second to none. Even when the show has devolved into unwatchable rubbish the threads on here redeem it, I wouldn't bother with MAFS if it wasn't for Tattle!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Bullies and pack mentality make people post anonymously. You've only got to look at a Facebook community page to see how vile and aggressive the public are with their own stupid opinions. Even a non confrontational comment is met with hostility. The hunz on instagram, tiktok, youtube etc. Cannot stand one small criticism against their post, and God forbid anyone points out one of their lies. They scream "be kind" and then set their dogs on the poster, while they sit back encouraging it. The hypocrisy is off the scale, as another poster mentioned earlier. It is little wonder forums like Tattle exist.
Be honest > be kind imo
Too many snowflakes out there

Reactions: 8
This exactly. Some huns are incredibly nasty.

There was a mention of Reddit further up this thread. I used to be an avid user but rarely use it now as that site has turned into a cesspit. It feels like it’s now mainly frequented by teenagers with little life experience, you get downvoted for nothing, and arguments are always breaking out. I find people are so much kinder on this site, there’s more camaraderie, and it’s rare that posters turn on each other (and the mods are good at their jobs when it does happen).
Exactly, I used to use reddit a lot too but stopped for exactly the same reasons. The moderators are also awful, I was banned from a thread for an honest mistake when I had just created an account and appealed and was spoken to really aggressively for no reason

Reactions: 4
The TTC and miscarriage threads on here have helped me so much. I would have nowhere else to turn to talk to so many people in such depth about it all. I hate how it gets tarnished as something only negative, and I’m sure some of these critics would also find those threads helpful if they were affected by those things.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Here's a bit of Tattle-ception, this thread was studied by some academics who concluded that Tattlers are contradictory wimmin who act like they are oppressed while oppressing other women 🥴
I think the problems with this study started before it began. It starts with the given that posting on Tattle is 'anti-social behaviour' that needs to be ‘justified’.

Where was that established? Yes, Tattle makes some people feel uncomfortable but is that the definition of 'anti-social behaviour'? I don't imagine the Prime Minister feels comfortable being laughed at by Private Eye - nor that the Chief Executive of the Post Office felt particularly comfortable when Private Eye was criticising her conduct in relation to the sub-postmasters - but no-one describes writing for Private Eye as 'anti-social behaviour'. Some would even say it serves a useful purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think the problems with this study started before it began. It starts with the given that posting on Tattle is 'anti-social behaviour' that needs to be ‘justified’.

Where was that established? Yes, Tattle makes some people feel uncomfortable but is that the definition of 'anti-social behaviour'? I don't imagine the Prime Minister feels comfortable being laughed at by Private Eye - nor that the Chief Executive of the Post Office felt particularly comfortable when Private Eye was criticising her conduct in relation to the sub-postmasters - but no-one describes writing for Private Eye as 'anti-social behaviour'. Some would even say it serves a useful purpose.
Exactly, and Private Eye etc are published and on sale in supermarkets etc. Tattle is very easy to ignore if you don't want to see it, tattle is effectively like reading through someone's diary, yes ir might offend you if you do but you've gone looking to read something not aimed at you to read. It's hardly like we're tweeting this information to the people were writing about are we ?

All these articles are so lazy, they seem to run on the assumption that:

Most/all Tattle posters are middle aged, middle class white women, therefore they're probably just jealous and whatever they have to say is irrelevant anyway

Tattle is a misogynistic hate site and all the threads are about women. It's not like some of the busiest, most popular threads focus on men (Phillip Schofield, Joe Wicks, Stephen Bear, Ashley Cain, Simon Harris, Cleaning With Mario, Dan Wheeler ...) or a male and female couple (Harry and Meghan, Tim and Jenn Tracker, James and Carys, Sue and Noel Radford, Sarah and Brad Kearns ...)

Tattle is just like 4chan or the infamous fruit site where people are openly doxxed and blatantly hateful content is posted freely

Reactions: 17
Tattle is not the problem when influencers are getting away with abuse like this (and making a lot of money from it).
And purely by dint of tracking influencers behaviour imo this forum prevents a lot of shady behaviour. The receipt-keeping here is impeccable 👩‍🍳💋

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Tattle is not the problem when influencers are getting away with abuse like this (and making a lot of money from it).
And purely by dint of tracking influencers behaviour imo this forum prevents a lot of shady behaviour. The receipt-keeping here is impeccable 👩‍🍳💋

The apology video is a hoot! An actual sociopath 🫣 But we’re the bad people!

Reactions: 3
Apparently we’re just feeling abandoned 🙁
It wasn't the worst thing I've ever read about here (not that that is saying much 😂), and did half heartedly attempt to explain influencers bad behaviour I suppose. But ended up so weakly with this

Screenshot_20240210_111045.jpg

You can't just lazily throw in gossip forums are 'unhealthy' and leave it as fact. How? Why?
There was another study very recently saying gossip, even online, is incredibly healthy for your mental health. I will try to find it but I heard it just mentioned briefly on Radio 4.

It wasn't the worst thing I've ever read about here (not that that is saying much 😂), and did half heartedly attempt to explain influencers bad behaviour I suppose. But ended up so weakly with this

View attachment 2747688

You can't just lazily throw in gossip forums are 'unhealthy' and leave it as fact. How? Why?
There was another study very recently saying gossip, even online, is incredibly healthy for your mental health. I will try to find it but I heard it just mentioned briefly on Radio 4.
Exactly, what is unhealthy about discussing your feelings and realising concerns/questions you had about influencers were in fact valid?
Of course qe all know scrolling through Instagram and its photoshopped perfect images of life can be detrimental, but I've yet to hear/see anything that suggests talking to other like minded people is

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm glad this topic still here.
Great/thought provoking read for a Saturday "morning" or something tbh.

Reactions: 3
OK I hate the term 'hater' as its just used the second anyone in public eye gets criticised. But the point stands lol

If celeb and influencer culture wasn't the wild west, there would be no need to tattle

Screenshot_20240129_070115_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 13
Apparently we’re just feeling abandoned 🙁
Article in today's Guardian off back of that study. Writer seems to have written about here a fair bit from searching her name on here (to see if thus had already been shared). Only skimmed for now. Will read later when I finish work.

Reactions: 4
Why do ALL articles about Tattle always get the wrong end of the stick?! It’s not a site to ‘turn on’ anyone, it’s a site for free discussion

Reactions: 19
Article in today's Guardian off back of that study. Writer seems to have written about here a fair bit from searching her name on here (to see if thus had already been shared). Only skimmed for now. Will read later when I finish work.
Heaven forbid I’ve any type of attachment with my particular influencers 😂…How do they explain influencers coming on here to troll themselves?

Reactions: 9